• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

ILRU

Frank Row (1)
Rather than relying on schools to provide the opportunities the Reds and RugbyAU should provide the funds/resources for regional kids. Saying that if a teenager wants to make it they may have to move to the city for the opportunities as it would be expensive to provide facilities/resources across all regions. If you want to opportunity you have to be committed. My son has moved from a the country to city - knew no one at the school and started year 7. He wanted the opportunity to develop and knew there was sacrifices

BGS vs BSHS
Tristan Knudsen 1 Tyrece Herniman
Jed Siganto 2 Cyrus Suniula
Zed Lee 3 Elyjah Sa'U
Samuel Bolam 4 Manasa Railati Vunibola
(Unnamed) 5 Luke Thornton
Lincoln Manuel 6 Eli Langi
Lincoln Dalton 7 Trent Picot
Dyer Akauola. 8 Roman Siulepa
Flynn Horton 9 Marley Ngatai
Elijah Breen. 10 Seamus Boakes
Xander Bourke. 11 Jackson Hill
Thomas Siganto12 (Unnamed)
Max Romer 13 Laquan Afamiliona
Seth Kennedy. 14 Paddy Mcinally
Zac Reader. 15 Angus Tagicakibau

Look forward to seeing two of the best 8's in the comp go at it
12 Junior Latu, State High Instagram Page

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
just wanted to jump in right here and give you my 8:

1. Barry Smith
2. Tim Alport
3. Lucas Clifford
4. Charlie Cross
5. Will Devine
6. Eli Langi
7. Tyler Mayberry
8. Roman Suilepa

I believe these players would put together the biggest scrum and would be one that no team would want to face
Barry is a good player, but I think Kingsley Uys would have to feature as the Australian loose head? From my perspective, the TSS scrum hasn't quite lived up to its billing, but I think Uys' size and technique warrants at least an HM (for my vote, the starting spot). The remainder looks good, although I haven't seen Will Devine (and GT in general) in action much. Kasper from NC must be pretty close?

I am unashamedly 'calling it as I see it', noting these views seems a bit contrarian.

hituplover

Stan Wickham (3)
morning fellas chop tackle charlie here !

if the qld comp was like the AAGPS and picked a 1s team for the season here is what i would have picked based on current and past performances:

1 K Uys (TSS)
2 J Greenfell (NC) (c)
3 J Hollyman (GT)
4 R Siulepa (BSHS)
5 E Kasprowicz (NC)
6 T Picot (BSHS)
7 J Gray (TGS)
8 O Nasser (GT)
9 T Goldie (TSS)
10 I Baravilala (TGS)
11 N Conway (NC)
12 K Lavender (TSS)
13 T Pritchard (ACGS)
14 A Murgah (IGS)
15 J Johnson (NC)

16 B Moana (TSS)
17 I Raluni (NC)
18 J Rangwai (TSS)
19 E Langi (BSHS)
20 Hart (NC)
21 S Watson (NC)
22 M Blanch (ACGS)
23 E Breen (BGS)

chop tackle charlie out !!!

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
morning fellas chop tackle charlie here !

if the qld comp was like the AAGPS and picked a 1s team for the season here is what i would have picked based on current and past performances:

1 K Uys (TSS)
2 J Greenfell (NC) (c)
3 J Hollyman (GT)
4 R Siulepa (BSHS)
5 E Kasprowicz (NC)
6 T Picot (BSHS)
7 J Gray (TGS)
8 O Nasser (GT)
9 T Goldie (TSS)
10 I Baravilala (TGS)
11 N Conway (NC)
12 K Lavender (TSS)
13 T Pritchard (ACGS)
14 A Murgah (IGS)
15 J Johnson (NC)

16 B Moana (TSS)
17 I Raluni (NC)
18 J Rangwai (TSS)
19 E Langi (BSHS)
20 Hart (NC)
21 S Watson (NC)
22 M Blanch (ACGS)
23 E Breen (BGS)

chop tackle charlie out !!!
A lot to like on this list. Despite the competition being very close, a lot of the top players are delivering the consistency we hope for as rugby lovers.

I'd be inclined to have Charlie O'Connell from NC in at 10 (great game in the opening round against IGS and in total control during their demolition of Southport). He has had some HIA absence (didnt play in round 4), but has the defence, positional play and kicking game to be a genuine consideration.

Balancing that NC insertion, I'd consider BBC #9 Isaac Kefu at 21. He is young and has a lot of talent but possibly lacks the completeness and experience to start. Very close though.

Eli Langi - really tough to be on the bench - he is fantastic and deservedly is BSHS Captain and comfortably in the Reds. That being said, I can see what you've tried to do getting BSHS #8 - Roman into 4 to accommodate Nasser. As per my previous post, I think NC #4 Kasper deserves his spot, so will acquiesce on Eli being on the bench. (Besides having a BSHS 4,5,6 might be a bit much - despite their success this year)

Great list and thanks for generating the debate. Of note, only 3 players on the long list (ours combined) in the current QLD 18s team.

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Just stumbled across this flic how cool
1724412555731.png

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
At last the under 16s Reds teams have been released…
Let me know your thoughts fellow forum enthusiasts!

Attachments

• 73B434FA-2BBD-4CD7-A9DC-DC103E4F808D.jpeg
    73B434FA-2BBD-4CD7-A9DC-DC103E4F808D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • BDF21E75-5DB7-484E-942A-405DAA45B2AE.jpeg
    BDF21E75-5DB7-484E-942A-405DAA45B2AE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
  • 97FC2604-C8EA-4FBA-B796-9D160640DF7B.jpeg
    97FC2604-C8EA-4FBA-B796-9D160640DF7B.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 330C81E9-A5E5-4BD9-82EE-E6B946C96526.jpeg
    330C81E9-A5E5-4BD9-82EE-E6B946C96526.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 154

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
The capitulation by TGS from a potentially winning position against NC was also tough to watch. TGS has had all of the running in the second half but missed penalty goals from in front, missed touch when going for a rolling maul setup and then got offside when attempting a subsequent rolling maul.
Meanwhile NC clinically puts points on with every opportunity.
All credit where it is due. They are just a more polished team.

Last edited: