• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

laugh laugh laugh. Nothing better am I right. laugh laugh laugh. I was thinking something central, maybe like the Royal Hotel in Gatton, I know this may seem far for the Brisbane forumists, but it would be easiest for us countrymen who live out in rural Queensland. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I wouldn't be opposed from driving the 79er into Brisbane to meet you all though. Let me know
Spotted Cow toowoomba?
Who knows we might bump into a couple downlands lads celebrating O callaghan cup
I'll shout a round for them if they win

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
Simple Answer - No
IMO if players were that good at footy that they should 'repeat' just to play another year they would have better opportunities outside of school (Colts 1/Prem Grade) knocking on the door. Repeating year 12 is selfish and proves you really aren't that good at footy. Feel bad for the blokes who have their spots robbed because of this.
I agree with this wholeheartedly

Trotting Duck

Bob McCowan (2)
I think its totally fair as they will still be u18's and at the end of the day it is an under 18's competition, its not their fault they were born a few months earlier and placed in a higher grade, as for the game best of luck to your Nudgee boys'
Its been happening forever. I remember the current NC 1st XV coach repeated at BSHS. I think he ended up playing 4 years in the 1st XV. IGS used to do it lots in the 90's. Hard to stop it. I had a mate that repeated at IGS and got a worse TE score in his second year of year 12! There just for footy.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't you think this is a little far, I know I could fly out of the aviation centre near me in Oakey but I would have to borrow my mates plane and I'm not sure if he would let me fly it over to Gallipoli. Are you located there?
Think when he says Gallipoli he means Nudgee College. It's actually just a nickname for Ross oval cause it's also a battle ground.

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
Don't you think this is a little far, I know I could fly out of the aviation centre near me in Oakey but I would have to borrow my mates plane and I'm not sure if he would let me fly it over to Gallipoli. Are you located there?
By Gallipoli I meant at Ross Oval. NC has this nickname because it is said that teams go there and lose the battle.

ATA

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I heard there may be a forum hill road trip for some of the GnG countrymen? Correct me if I’m wrong. Otherwise, look to carpool with some fellow friends/forumists as forum hill round 9 is looking a treat. If you make the trip out I would be happy to shout you some rounds and a place to crash for the night.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate are you taking the absolute mick. Might have to change your name to the Earl of Gloucester cause its clear you've had your eyes ripped out and aren't watching the bloody games properly. For the first 15 minutes Nudgee piled on phase after phase after winning the ball off the kickoff and scored first. If Nudgee is the Roman Empire, Nick Conway is Julius Caesar reborn and ready to conquer the soon to be ruin that is Miskin.

I missed the first 10 minutes as was watching it on GPS live stream (absolutely hopeless. They got the scores wrong in both this game and also the IGS Churchie match) so it would have been more accurate for me to say from 10 minutes to 30 minutes Nudgee played loose and easy. Good feedback and I am playing the devils advocate atm as I think they need to just tighten up a little to get them across the line.

I heard there may be a forum hill road trip for some of the GnG countrymen? Correct me if I’m wrong. Otherwise, look to carpool with some fellow friends/forumists as forum hill round 9 is looking a treat. If you make the trip out I would be happy to shout you some rounds and a place to crash for the night.
I'm covering Central Qld and the Darling Downs happy to pick you up. You might have to sit in the tray as @Daniel Koalins has already shotgunned.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
laugh laugh laugh. Nothing better am I right. laugh laugh laugh. I was thinking something central, maybe like the Royal Hotel in Gatton, I know this may seem far for the Brisbane forumists, but it would be easiest for us countrymen who live out in rural Queensland. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I wouldn't be opposed from driving the 79er into Brisbane to meet you all though. Let me know
With all these schoolboys in the forum I feel it’s necessary to have a lemonade with them at the Normanby. Then the men can go ‘the beat’ for a good time after.

bigmoneybrown

Allen Oxlade (6)
100% If Terrace turn up like they did for nudgee, state high could be in for a shock. Old Boys Day for State High but could GT spoil the party? Bit of hot weather may not favour the big Poly boys from state high as they will be thinking about the post game function food instead of tackling big bad Nasser. As long as Terrace have possession they're dangerous, things just haven't worked out for the poor blokes. Great games lined up for this weekend with O' Callaghan Cup on. I see this being a battle for the ages.
Listen mate idk who you think you are calling out the statey boys like that. Still mad state high stole your prem in 2016, it was cute seeing you all run onto the field in tears of happiness just to have state high take the prem. I guess i would still be mad too. But mateee, terrace have more chance at becoming a coed school than beating the south brissy boys this weekend. Hopefully you’ll be out at fursden to have another saturday arvo ruined, would be a nice little dejavú to last weekend. God I LOVE FOOTY

Last edited:

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Listen mate idk who you think you are calling out the statey boys like that. Still mad state high stole your prem in 2016, it was cute seeing you all run onto the field in tears of happiness just to have state high take the prem. I guess i would still be mad too. But mateee, terrace have more chance at becoming a coed school than beating the south brissy boys this weekend. Hopefully you’ll be out at fursden to have another saturday arvo ruined, would be a nice little dejavú to last weekend. God I LOVE FOOTY
Classic Forum Banter. GOD I LOVE GREEN AND GOLD RUGBY.