• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Not really sure @Trotting Duck, I would assume so as their always seems to be a few. As per the likes of Finn Mackay (St Lawrences) and Ethan Ramsay (St Peters) who were stand outs last year in the 2023 U16 Super Rugby competition.
And may I also add the INFAMOUS BIG MAN, WILL ROSS (Padua). Wasn't he all class. I know I shouldn't be talking about AIC kids on this forum but though I would just answer the question.

malcoms mauls

Bob McCowan (2)
I will defend Terrace as a proud rugby school.I saw someone referenced their rugby program as a “joke “. Maybe not a strong year but certainly overall they probably win more games than they lose against most schools. Rugby culture is not built alone on winning the First XV or an A team or two. It’s participating and having a good number of teams and then feeling it in the stands cheering for your school.
Who won most games last Saturday against BBC?.
Hard to $ buy culture!
I truly agree with your statement "The Bull". Nowadays all it takes is one bad game for a whole program to get slammed. Back in my days it was BBC and State High, which may of led to pressure getting in scholarships. I hope my boy doesn't get slammed if Downlands loose the O'Callaghan cup and can continue to have fun against other GPS schools.

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
I truly agree with your statement "The Bull". Nowadays all it takes is one bad game for a whole program to get slammed. Back in my days it was BBC and State High, which may of led to pressure getting in scholarships. I hope my boy doesn't get slammed if Downlands loose the O'Callaghan cup and can continue to have fun against other GPS schools.
I agree MM,

I believe this could be happening at BGS, although they are looking better each week they play. I think they could convert some of their academic scholarships into some strength for their rugby program.

ATA

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I may not be @The Blin6side, however i reckon Downlands take this one out.
MOTM: The number 8, unsure of his name but he is captain and an outstanding footy player.
SCORE: 22 - 19 in favour of DC
Agree Here - DLC looking better than other years and have looked polished against many strong GPS outfits, as well as TGS looking not as strong as usual. If there was a year for DLC to take it I would say this is there best chance in a while
DLC 13-12 TGS
MOTM - Jalen Palaszczuk (Winger), HM - Baraviala (TGS)

Trotting Duck

Bob McCowan (2)
Everyone's predictions for the O'Callaghan Cup this week?

I know @The Blin6side will have some good opinions.
Its a hard one as Downlands have nothing to loose really and TGS are expected to win most years lately. Hard when the biggest game for TGS is not counted for the comp they are playing in and don't have a bye week to rest weary players. TGS by 3.
Great day of Footy!

ballover9

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey All, Question of the day
How many Semi Professional rugby players would it take for the current Grammar rugby teams firsts to win the comp undefeated
Just let me know your thoughts :D

BigDZheng

Banned
Hey All, Question of the day
How many Semi Professional rugby players would it take for the current Grammar rugby teams firsts to win the comp undefeated
Just let me know your thoughts :D
Haha! Arent you funny. Reading this as a BGS old boy is really boiling my blood and is making me furious... To keep it simple the answer is NONE. BGS have the strength in their squad they just need to know how to unleash it.