• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Milkman09

Frank Row (1)
For Reds selections - its simple. I'm sure @The Blin6side can agree. Reds Rugby need to start looking OUTSIDE of south east Queensland - both players and coaches.
Agree on the coaches.... but having watched a recent carnival the players from the Regions - eg Northern, Wide Bay, Pennuisula etc were way off the pace. The better players would have already been snapped up by GPS AIC schools

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hahahaah mate. You must be an IGS old boy or something. For me IGS have been under looked all season and are still my pick as a dark horse/underrated team.
I knew something was up with these program when they gave Nudgee a scare round 1. They play a great brand of footy. I have been seriously impressed with their front row.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I knew something was up with these program when they gave Nudgee a scare round 1. They play a great brand of footy. I have been seriously impressed with their front row.
Agree Here - I believe they have been the most unlucky team in the game with close games against NC,BSHS,BBC and somewhat against TSS.

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
@Quick_Tap_Tony
Gday T,
You seem to know heaps about the GPS and the rugby culture developing. Did you ever play rugby yourself mate?
Cheers,
TB
@Quick_Tap_Tony As he has said before, he is a student at a GPS school, but we respect his point of view, and he brings a great perspective, as he is in the middle of all the action. Again, schoolboys are welcome here, just no dribbling, please.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
@Quick_Tap_Tony As he has said before, he is a student at a GPS school, but we respect his point of view, and he brings a great perspective, as he is in the middle of all the action. Again, schoolboys are welcome here, just no dribbling, please.
I wonder if he plays GPS footy himself or if he is just a fan. @Quick_Tap_Tony I respect your anonymity but it is interesting and helpful to the forum to have a current GPS student/players POV. Honestly, the bloke has maturity well beyond his years.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I wonder if he plays GPS footy himself or if he is just a fan. @Quick_Tap_Tony I respect your anonymity but it is interesting and helpful to the forum to have a current GPS student/players POV. Honestly, the bloke has maturity well beyond his years.
Just following up on this, if there are even any current 1st XV players in the forum I would love to hear your thoughts on the season so far. However, I respect everyone's opinion to stay anonymous if they are not comfortable.

Milkman09

Frank Row (1)
Wh

May you please justify your thoughts.
I watched a lot of that carnival both live and then the streams later, seen lots of GPS that age and also both the club scene union and league and the squad on the whole was just about right....2-3 were not picked who are stand outs due to league affiliations Broncos (which I agree with) A few came in from outside that carnival which was the criteria all along and were justified selection bar 1 or 2.

I think wherever the coach is from selections would have been similar

The Capricornia 9 was good but missed out... he was unlucky and maybe there are a couple of lucky front rowers where selections could have gone either way.