• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I watched a lot of that carnival both live and then the streams later, seen lots of GPS that age and also both the club scene union and league and the squad on the whole was just about right....2-3 were not picked who are stand outs due to league affiliations Broncos (which I agree with) A few came in from outside that carnival which was the criteria all along and were justified selection bar 1 or 2.

I think wherever the coach is from selections would have been similar

The Capricornia 9 was good but missed out... he was unlucky and maybe there are a couple of lucky front rowers where selections could have gone either way.
Fair Enough mate. I just think historically that Northern QLD has shared a lot of rugby talent in both league and union. I feel as though reds staff should expand their scouts up there in the future.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
I watched a lot of that carnival both live and then the streams later, seen lots of GPS that age and also both the club scene union and league and the squad on the whole was just about right....2-3 were not picked who are stand outs due to league affiliations Broncos (which I agree with) A few came in from outside that carnival which was the criteria all along and were justified selection bar 1 or 2.

I think wherever the coach is from selections would have been similar

The Capricornia 9 was good but missed out... he was unlucky and maybe there are a couple of lucky front rowers where selections could have gone either way.
If the Nudgee 15as were put into this carnival, how do you think they would go.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Should the REDS Academy be year round?. The difference in cohesion when they play against NSW is so apparent as the school season over there goes for two terms.
NSW pick their team so much earlier and get so much longer to train. Reds Trials should be happening Pre GPS/Post AIC Season (Term 2 School holidays) with 1 or 2 trainings a week in season IMO, then heavier loads once the season finishes.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I wonder if he plays GPS footy himself or if he is just a fan. @Quick_Tap_Tony I respect your anonymity but it is interesting and helpful to the forum to have a current GPS student/players POV. Honestly, the bloke has maturity well beyond his years.
Play footy, just with my mates though. Love to talk it. Me and my schoolboy mates love to talk GPS footy. I would love one day for them to join this sacred site to provide more perspectives

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
BBC V GT
NC V TGS
IGS
V ACGS
BSHS
V BGS
DC V TSS

(The bolded team is the team that I think will win).

DC V TSS is subject to if TSS plays with their 1sts or if it is more of a 2nd/16A team. If they send their 2nds/16A's DC will win.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
BBC V GT
NC V TGS
IGS V ACGS
BSHS V BGS
DC V TSS

DC V TSS is subject to if TSS plays with their 1sts or if it is more of a 2nd/16A team. If they send their 2nds/16A's DC will win.
I know this is an extremely long shot and may sound silly. However I believe BGS have a chance this weekend. I am still tipping BSHS to win. But in an alternate universe could the BGS boys put in their best performance in recent memories to pull off a stunning win. A long shot however this would not be the craziest thing to happen in GPS footy.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
You know what lets get cracking with some predictions!!
GT VS BBC: Its going to be a close game none the less but if GT work on their attack and holding onto the ball abit more I believe they can get the win here, home game at Tennyson Old boys round I feel as if its meant to be. Especially with the potential return of the skipper.

TGS Vs NC: I've got Nudgee winning this one but I feel like it's going to be a closer game then expected. Based off the way TGS played on the weekend they can create some real force when needed.

ACGS VS IGS: My game of the round this week purely based off how even the two teams are is this one. IGS have shown such strong efforts this season with a very talented backline. But I've got Churchie taking the win because of the workrate of their forward pack as well as the aggresion. Even with the loss of Treyvon Pritchard I've still got the Gold and Grey winning this one.

BSHS VS BGS: Not alot to say here, Grammar love to kick and BSHS love to run off kicks, I'm taking a pretty easy bet here with BSHS dropping 25+ points on the boys from Spring Hill..

Footy GOD

Stan Wickham (3)
I know this is an extremely long shot and may sound silly. However I believe BGS have a chance this weekend. I am still tipping BSHS to win. But in an alternate universe could the BGS boys put in their best performance in recent memories to pull off a stunning win. A long shot however this would not be the craziest thing to happen in GPS footy.
As a bgs student, love to hear this from you QTT. Hopefully we can put on a show this weekend and stun the comp. Wait and see what happens, not making any bets...
Cheers, FG

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)
Totally agree here QTT,
Saw a courageous 70 minute effort from BGS against BBC with several young players stepping up to the plate. The energy in the program is building and I reckon a win could be on the horizon for them. And players to watch in the BSHS side?
Cheers,
TB

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC V GT
NC V TGS
IGS V ACGS
BSHS V BGS
DC V TSS

The upcoming game of the week between IGS and ACGS promises to be thrilling. Both teams, despite facing some tough breaks this season, are undeniably strong contenders. With their talent and determination, this match is set to deliver some top-tier action as they battle for a well-deserved win.

Footy GOD

Stan Wickham (3)
The upcoming game of the week between IGS and ACGS promises to be thrilling. Both teams, despite facing some tough breaks this season, are undeniably strong contenders. With their talent and determination, this match is set to deliver some top-tier action as they battle for a well-deserved win.
Who's got the home advantage between these 2?

Milkman09

Frank Row (1)
Fair Enough mate. I just think historically that Northern QLD has shared a lot of rugby talent in both league and union. I feel as though reds staff should expand their scouts up there in the future.
Yes they should, I'm not sure what areas their development officers cover....i suppose this carnival all those talented players from all regions should be there so they can select and watch them under decent opposition.

Guan Syun

Banned
Hey guys,

After I was inspired by the courage of QTT to out himself as a schoolboy, I thought it was only fitting to add my profile picture. Hopefully you can recognise me at future games and we can have a good chat. Are people still keen for the forum meet up at the NC vs State High game. Really buzzing to meet up with some fellow rugby enthusiasts.

Yours truly, Guan