• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

ballover9

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey All,
Quick question for the forum
what do we think was the game of the round and why?
Cheers Balllover9...

My personal favorite for this round was BCC VS BGS

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey Footy Lovers

I am wondering if I am stupid for this but I don't believe I am, I don't think GT will win another game all season.

When coming up against strong sides like BBC and BSHS I don't think they have a chance maybe against IGS.

We will see
Hey FB,

I'm not going to say I agree with this but GT has a tough run home and with some big names going to have to sit in the stands for the remaining weeks GT will collectively have to bind together and put in there 3 best performances in recent years to come home strong.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey All,
Quick question for the forum
what do we think was the game of the round and why?
Cheers Balllover9...

My personal favorite for this round was BCC VS BGS
BGS v BBC

Despite there being no standout games this game exceeded expectation with a young BGS side putting in a nice 70 minutes, while making the BBC feel uncomfortable at home

Goldie, Watson, Hales are the top 3 halfbacks. Kefu and the State High 9 are both very close as well
That State High number 9 is by far the best 9 in the competition while the State High 9/10 combination whilst not talked about during the pre season has really been the stand out combination this year. I believe both of them however can't even get into the conversation for the Reds u18 teams which is typical of Qld rugby.

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey Footy Lovers

I am wondering if I am stupid for this but I don't believe I am, I don't think GT will win another game all season.

When coming up against strong sides like BBC and BSHS I don't think they have a chance maybe against IGS.

We will see
These boys looked flat on their feet after Nudgee this week and will be hunting for another win I feel they will go very close in last three games and may get over for one idk which

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
I thought BBC VS BGS was quite an average game. There was minimal Eno (energy) from the BBC side and it's evident that they had thought they had already won before running out to the field. BGS certaintly have smart players who know how to keep them in the game, in particular BREEN. However across the park they are just a step below the competition and they struggle with the basics of breakdown, scrum and line out

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
What are everyone's thoughts on the BBC verses BGS game, haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Pretty shocked by the tightness of the game, was it quite a tough battle on Miskin for the Green and Black?? Still very keen to see how GT vs BBC travels this weekend after the loss against TGS on the weekend.
@Oracle83 Do you think that BBC will come back with a fight after the previous result against BGS?

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought BBC VS BGS was quite an average game. There was minimal Eno (energy) from the BBC side and it's evident that they had thought they had already won before running out to the field. BGS certaintly have smart players who know how to keep them in the game, in particular BREEN. However across the park they are just a step below the competition and they struggle with the basics of breakdown, scrum and line out
They could've been much more simple, trying to do too much without getting the fundamentals right.

My only hope is to see more form Country/Coast. Reds need to start looking wider in their academies. The saddest part is the lack of choice from up north when schools in Cairns, Rockhampton, Cape York, etc seem to produce nearly more talent than the SEQ area. I love GPS footy but in terms of success the reds need to look far and white and avoid GPS nepotism.
come on guys, if you think this ERC u16 tournament has any baring on the u16 reds selections your are kidding yourself. As seen with the selections of the u15's the team will already be picked. You can guarantee that whatever school the coach has an association with the majority of the squad will come from there.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey Footy Lovers

We will see
I feel as if these boys have a lot more in them. Losing key players like McGahan and Clifford has obviously put pressure on the backline and execution of their footy. But I was lucky enough to get down to Tennyson for Churchie and Nudgee round and these boys played some great footy with a great work rate. They will be the underdogs going into their final three, but I think they have a fighting chance to say the least.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
come on guys, if you think this ERC u16 tournament has any baring on the u16 reds selections your are kidding yourself. As seen with the selections of the u15's the team will already be picked. You can guarantee that whatever school the coach has an association with the majority of the squad will come from there.
I do not know to much about this years u16 competition/players. However would the u16 QLD team from last year beat the u16 QLD from this year.

Milkman09

Frank Row (1)
Dont agree here sadly....the Reds 15 squad has a number of Nudgee boys mainly because they have been the stand out team for the last few years.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Dont agree here sadly....the Reds 15 squad has a number of Nudgee boys mainly because they have been the stand out team for the last few years.
In many cases it is true, the coaches are bias to their school and tend to give more of an "opportunity" to the boys from their school. However, I have heard alot about the U15 Nudgee side being strong with some of them already having contracts with NRL clubs.