• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Just want to make a quick post here… Whilist I was watching my son, 14As TGS breakaway, I caught up with @WHACKO_JACKO.GT. Funnily enough, WJ also has a son playing in this 14As comp for GT (Tighthead Prop Forward). We bumped into eachother, whilist screaming at boys (Supportingly), I recgonised him from his profile picture, and we REALLY hit it off. We shared a hot brew of coffee together, during the game, and spun yarns about GPS footy, his PNG heritage and his time in the Pilbara mining camps… Let me just say this his son can play, easily a first prospect in the coming years… Additionally, I figured out both of our sons have been selected in Emerging Reds Cup (ERC), in the QLD country, and Brisbane white team. Hope to see you soon at this carnival brother... May your ban be reviewed, and potentially be lifted in the coming hours, days and weeks. #Justice4WJ !
Was whacko banned?
Been missing him

RossOvalGrandstands

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anyone see an upset happening between GT and BBC? I don't think you can rule out GT they had last minute injuries with their 10, second row and inside. Key to mention their captain and vice captain are injured. Without being said 12 is most defiantly out for the season but if their 10 and second rower can come back, I think they can pull the fluidity back and potentially cause an upset.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just want to make a quick post here… Whilist I was watching my son, 14As TGS breakaway, I caught up with @WHACKO_JACKO.GT. Funnily enough, WJ also has a son playing in this 14As comp for GT (Tighthead Prop Forward). We bumped into eachother, whilist screaming at boys (Supportingly), I recgonised him from his profile picture, and we REALLY hit it off. We shared a hot brew of coffee together, during the game, and spun yarns about GPS footy, his PNG heritage and his time in the Pilbara mining camps… Let me just say this his son can play, easily a first prospect in the coming years… Additionally, I figured out both of our sons have been selected in Emerging Reds Cup (ERC), in the QLD country, and Brisbane white team. Hope to see you soon at this carnival brother... May your ban be reviewed, and potentially be lifted in the coming hours, days and weeks. #Justice4WJ !
Thats great to hear. Despite being only a student I love to hear my fellow forumers love GPS footy as much as me. Good to hear all the fellas on here are reasonable and credible blokes as well

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Morning Forumists,

Can everyone please drop their best forward and back from this weekend. For me forward of the week was the huge yet nimble front-rower Barry Smith (BGS), with an amazing performance that would land him a spot in any GPS forward pack! and the back of the week IMO has to be Azariah Toki-Mautairi (TGS), he was electrifying carving up an injury ridden GT.

-Cheers, DB

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone have any input to Rhymen Tusi. He was carving up in the pre season trials however he has been dropped from the firsts to the 16as. I catched about 15 mins of the 16as game and he was a class above the rest. He is over 100 kg and still electric maintaining great speed, step and kick. Why isn't he playing firsts?

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Does anyone have any input to Rhymen Tusi. He was carving up in the pre season trials however he has been dropped from the firsts to the 16as. I catched about 15 mins of the 16as game and he was a class above the rest. He is over 100 kg and still electric maintaining great speed, step and kick. Why isn't he playing firsts?
I'm aware he subbed on for TGS towards the middle of the second half. He is prop size with the twinkle-toed step of an elegant centre, I was surprised he was dropped so early in the season. He will definitely be one to watch next year, anyone with TGS juice know if he is grade 11 or 10?

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
Sorry B6,

My sources tell me that there is no tighthead prop in the GT14A's who made Brisbane White. As I was reviewing the team lists for Brisbane White, I only found two GT players in the team. I know I'm new to this forum, but I don't think that we should have people taking the mickey out of the experienced people of the forum, like QTT.

Thanks,
ATA

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey GEO,

Im pretty sure the big lad had played a few games in the 1s until some dumb off field decisions got him dropped. Real shame:(.

-Cheers, DB

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)
Mate,
I watched the U16A game and it seems Harry "Hazbot" Woodruff laid a monster hit on him and the backline really kept him under control, making 0 line breaks and only 1 or 2 offloads throughout the game. Really had him on locks for the entire 16A game with Toowoomba only narrowly winning against the undersize U16A side
Cheers TB