• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Haven’t heard of Hannan. Would love a little background on the bloke, what are his strengths, weaknesses etc. Just tryna improve my gps footy knowledge
Hey mate, Sorry for the late reply.

Josh Hannan is the current BSHS flyhalf and contacts I know have stated he was in close contention for the firsts spot against Boakes. He has a excellent pill (One of the best in the comp, even in the 2's) and solid defence. Apparently he is one of State high's captains/prefects and is known as a very kind bloke (As the boys in my team tell me). His X-factor and step may be where he lost out on playing 1's but I can see him coming on in the near future, and It's likely to see him around colts 1 or 2 next year if he opts to play club.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good Morning Jack,

I respect most of your posts and belive your knowledge is quite strong regarding the season.

However this is probably one of the worst predictions i have seen for this season.

TGS v BGS- TGS will clean grammar up, they were premiership contenders and have had a tough run. I believe they will be hungry for a win and with such a quality side they will most likely do so.

BBC v ACGS- Although Churchie have shown their potential, BBC are way too strong and will pump them.

BSHS v TSS- This round will definitely be the game to watch for round 5, BSHS making the trip to the shark tank will be quite the challenge as TSS havent lost at home in a couple of years. However with BSHS on an undefeated streak will be too much for the southport boys after their losses against BBC and Nudgee. Roman back in the starting line up will give BSHS a large advantage however UYS is sure to provide trouble for the south brissy boys.

NC v GT- GT have the pack mindset and are sure to give NC a good run for their money, however coming of multiple convincing wins i believe the blue and white will comfortably get the job done as they proved their strength against the TSS premiership contending squad. NC by 15+.

Thanks for your opinion Jack and i don't mean any disrespect by i just disagree with your tips for round 5. Id like to hear what the rest of the forum thinks about both of our predictions for this week.

Cheers GPS scout.
TSS lost against NC in the last round down there last year….Actually they got HAMMERED…

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Row (1)
That Qld u15 side is a joke, there is a kid in this side who has been playing in his schools 15'B side. We know of a kid who goes to school in Qld but plays club rugby in Northern NSW, he couldn't for some reason (most likely not chummy with the selectors/coach) make the South Coast u15 side yet has just been selected in the Waratah u15s side. I'd suspect that just like last year the Waratahs will blow this Qld side away.
As a North Queenslander, it is extremely disappointing and frustrating to see this occur time and time again. Of the 35 kids selected in the U15 Reds, only one comes from outside the south east corner. Kobe Oberhardt who comes out of Yeppoon (near Rockhampton, for those not in the know). Now we all know kid's aspirations are to play professional sport. Unfortunately because of this decision not to look outside of Brisbane, the young talent very quickly become disillusioned with Union and switch to League. This narrow mindedness, is costing Queensland & Australian Rugby, and needs to change.

I know I'm going to bring up League here, and this is a Union forum, but bear with me.

As an indication of how well League do it compared to Union, looking at the Reds 15's, one kid from Rockhampton, and none from north of were selected. If I compare this to this year's Queensland State of Origin team (game 3), 9 of the 17, (over half!!!) come from Rocky north - D. Gagai (Mackay), H. Tabuai-Fidow (Cairns), V. Holmes (Townsville), D Chery-Evans (Mackay), H. Grant (Rockhampton), R Cotter (Mackay), B. Hunt (Rockhampton), J Nanai (Cairns), K Ponga (Townsville).

If we want the game to prosper we need to look at fostering and growing the game outside of the South East corner, and more pointedly outside the GPS and AIS schools systems.

I know this is the GPS school forum, so I may take some backlash for getting this off my chest here, but there's my two cents worth.

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
From the far off hills of Canberra
To the shores of Papua
We come from every corner
From here and from afar
The admiration of all GPS
We're the finest ever seen
And we glory in the title
Of the Nudgee First VX!!!

Give me a N.......!!!!
There once was a team called Nudgee
Whose forwards were described as Pudgee
Their Backs crept up past “ Flat”
The Ref saw all that
And so the got towelled by Gt.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
As a North Queenslander, it is extremely disappointing and frustrating to see this occur time and time again. Of the 35 kids selected in the U15 Reds, only one comes from outside the south east corner. Kobe Oberhardt who comes out of Yeppoon (near Rockhampton, for those not in the know). Now we all know kid's aspirations are to play professional sport. Unfortunately because of this decision not to look outside of Brisbane, the young talent very quickly become disillusioned with Union and switch to League. This narrow mindedness, is costing Queensland & Australian Rugby, and needs to change.

I know I'm going to bring up League here, and this is a Union forum, but bear with me.

As an indication of how well League do it compared to Union, looking at the Reds 15's, one kid from Rockhampton, and none from north of were selected. If I compare this to this year's Queensland State of Origin team (game 3), 9 of the 17, (over half!!!) come from Rocky north - D. Gagai (Mackay), H. Tabuai-Fidow (Cairns), V. Holmes (Townsville), D Chery-Evans (Mackay), H. Grant (Rockhampton), R Cotter (Mackay), B. Hunt (Rockhampton), J Nanai (Cairns), K Ponga (Townsville).

If we want the game to prosper we need to look at fostering and growing the game outside of the South East corner, and more pointedly outside the GPS and AIS schools systems.

I know this is the GPS school forum, so I may take some backlash for getting this off my chest here, but there's my two cents worth.
Although this is an off topic to GPS post, I think you are more than welcome here mate.
I completely agree aswell, as much as I have loved GPS footy for the last 35 years we need to expand our reach if we want to get talent like the Leauge boys. Nepotism within the selection to GPS has become more common as I have gotten older, and it’s time scouts spend more time in these parts of Queensland.

The Blin6side

Larry Dwyer (12)
My suspension has been lifted… Two long weeks I have waited for this message… Is it better fitting that my return is on the infamous battle of the colours… My name is Blin6side, formally the TheGPSBloke. I have rebranded, a new mindset, a new mentality. Alot has change in the time I have been gone yet the footy head inside me is more roaring and firing more than ever before… With this, I will give you my tips for this round of QLD GPS Footy…

GT + 2
BSHS + 12
TGS + 3 - My boys in my beloved Gold and Blue must win this game, in order for the rebuild to commence…
BBC + 5
DC + 5 (Have to give it to these boys hard workers)…

Cheers,

Breakdown bunny

Frank Row (1)
My suspension has been lifted… Two long weeks I have waited for this message… Is it better fitting that my return is on the infamous battle of the colours… My name is Blin6side, formally the TheGPSBloke. I have rebranded, a new mindset, a new mentality. Alot has change in the time I have been gone yet the footy head inside me is more roaring and firing more than ever before… With this, I will give you my tips for this round of QLD GPS Footy…

GT + 2
BSHS + 12
TGS + 3 - My boys in my beloved Gold and Blue must win this game, in order for the rebuild to commence…
BBC + 5

Cheers,
good to have you back mate, was really missing you intel. I do back most of these tips, however don’t think GT will go over against the blue and white cavalry.

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Row (1)
Does anybody have team lists this week for Terrace 1XV and Nudgee 1XV.

-QTT
Terrace
1. Alec Weir
2. Cody Hawkins
3. Charlie Hollyman
4. Charlie Cross
5. Rupert McGrath
6. Nat Wines
7. Archie Ilott
8. Oli Nasser
9. Name Withheld
10. Name Withheld
11. Name Withheld
12. Connor Clifford
13. Siosaia Poese
14. Name Withheld
15. Joe McGahan

According to Rugby Xplorer. Nudgee not posted yet.

92Eyesupfooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know when the U16 reds team will be released? Sorry if it’s already been released just haven’t seen anything about it.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)

GT + 2
BSHS + 12
BBC + 5

Cheers,
Welcome back mate,
Don’t believe we’ve formally chatted on the forum but it’s great to have another GPS-head on the forum for footy chat, opinions, and the occasional appropriate banter.
Love these tips except GT (I am a NC old boy to be fair), but I do agree that it will be a close one.
Personally, I love the idea of everyone on the forum having a little introduction on their first post, to really boost the chemistry of our tight-knight GPS community

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.