• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taniela Mcreight

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah sure mate. Let's see if you GT boys really bleed red then ay? The bear's coming, coming for you, college coming, coming for you.
Hey mate correct me if I'm remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure that you actually said you were an ippy old boy and now you are saying you are pledging your allegiance to the Nudgee bear. Ladies and Gentlemen I think we have found ourselves a (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)

I remember back in 2004. My year 12 and there was a massive punch up on the field. All the old boys joined it, it was like a bloodbath. They all had a couple too many drinks and got a bit rowdy. All of us lads in the crowd ran onto the field to join in, but the teachers made a wall to stop us from making the situation worse. Pretty sure this is why they don't serve any beers at the games anymore, well at least until the siren has sounded. 9 dollar can of Gold down at Tennyson now, bloody ridiculous.

l
Hey mate correct me if I'm remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure that you actually said you were an ippy old boy and now you are saying you are pledging your allegiance to the Nudgee bear. Ladies and Gentlemen I think we have found ourselves a (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)
Good work on the cutting out of the l and e. Could of had ourselves another 2 week ban recipient

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Chris McKivat (8)
Old Boy from the swish, sons boarding NC this year (u11's). He's in the B side right now if you're keen to watch, born with soft bones, unfortunately. Oh if my boy was born with my traits the GPS would be in danger.

edited: he plays down an age due to his soft bones.

Last edited:

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good afternoon fellow forum members,

Have enjoyed the competition to this point and the comments (well most of them) that have gone up in relation to the games.

I have tried to get out to a few games to watch what is also coming through and have been shocked at the number of quality players still yet to cement themselves in First XV on the bench or still plying their trade in 2nd’s or 16’s, who…. could quite easily be demanding a starting spot had they chosen another school to attend.

I’ve had a bit a fun and named a “Chompin at the Bit XV” and think there are some bloody good kids still out there waiting for their chance to cement a First XV spot. Keen to learn about any others you might think should be added to this list.

RR’s “Chompin at the Bit” XV
1. Jeremiah Harbottle (GT) / Harrison Asi (BBC)
2. Caleb West (IGS) / Taukie Maile (BSHS) / Aiden Luke (NC) / Raff Cameron (ACGS)
3. Tito Hamala (NC) / Havea Takai (BSHS)
4. Tavita Loughland (BBC)
5. Rohan Clancy (GT)
6. Adam Kim (BBC)
7. Giovanni Koopu (BSHS)
8. Manasa Vunibola (BSHS)
9. Nick Eccleston (ACGS)
10. Bond Bradley (NC) / Bailen Noy (ACGS)
11. Callum Dalton (TSS)
12. Flynn Corbett (BSHS) / Angus Underwood (ACGS)
13. Pierre Poluleuligaga (NC)
14. Clay Andrews (BBC)
15. Jeremiah Patea (BSHS)

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)

Have enjoyed the competition to this point and the comments (well most of them) that have gone up in relation to the games.

I have tried to get out to a few games to watch what is also coming through and have been shocked at the number of quality players still yet to cement themselves in First XV on the bench or still plying their trade in 2nd’s or 16’s, who…. could quite easily be demanding a starting spot had they chosen another school to attend.

I’ve had a bit a fun and named a “Chompin at the Bit XV” and think there are some bloody good kids still out there waiting for their chance to cement a First XV spot. Keen to learn about any others you might think should be added to this list.

2. Caleb West (IGS) / Taukie Maile (BSHS) / Aiden Luke (NC) / Raff Cameron (ACGS)
5. Rohan Clancy (GT)
6. Adam Kim (BBC)
7. Giovanni Koopu (BSHS)
9. Nick Eccleston (ACGS)
11. Callum Dalton (TSS)
14. Clay Andrews (BBC)
Love This Idea - So much talent is unseen due to boys just not making the cut, or having highly skilled rep players in their position, especially for the inside backs. A few players I would add from my GPS viewing thus far,

Gunewardene (GT) - Fullback/Wing
Harrison (IGS) - Prop
Hannan (BSHS) - Flyhalf
Twomey (NC) - Outside Back
Tiso (NC) - Wing
Robinson (NC) - Hooker
Just wanted to highlight Robinson as he played Australian u16's last year but due to the skill and trade of NC captain Greenfell, He is playing 2nds this year.

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on good players on the come up from 16s and 2nds. Thanks for the great idea @RazorRamon

Taniela Mcreight

Stan Wickham (3)

5. Rohan Clancy (GT)
6. Adam Kim (BBC)
7. Giovanni Koopu (BSHS)
9. Nick Eccleston (ACGS)
11. Callum Dalton (TSS)
14. Clay Andrews (BBC)
Cheers mate, boy oh boy are there some names there. I think that 15 alone would make quite a first XV side. How on earth is Caleb West not in the staring side for Ipswich, he is an absolute weapon on and off the ball. I understand that he debuted last year in grade 10, and has somehow obviously been pushed back to the twos. He made the reds u15 starting spot at prop in 2022 and has developed his game even more since. I wonder if @Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage can give us an insight as to why hes not starting, if hes the ippy old boy that he says he is aye.

bigmoneybrown

Peter Burge (5)
Love This Idea - So much talent is unseen due to boys just not making the cut, or having highly skilled rep players in their position, especially for the inside backs. A few players I would add from my GPS viewing thus far,

Gunewardene (GT) - Fullback/Wing
Harrison (IGS) - Prop
Hannan (BSHS) - Flyhalf
Twomey (NC) - Outside Back
Tiso (NC) - Wing
Robinson (NC) - Hooker
Just wanted to highlight Robinson as he played Australian u16's last year but due to the skill and trade of NC captain Greenfell, He is playing 2nds this year.

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on good players on the come up from 16s and 2nds. Thanks for the great idea @RazorRamon
Haven’t heard of Hannan. Would love a little background on the bloke, what are his strengths, weaknesses etc. Just tryna improve my gps footy knowledge

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
You wont be getting any countdowns if you keep disrespecting my former school like that. There is no world in which GT dont put in a big effort and keep this game close for the majority of this fixture. The GT boys put in a great effort in the trial losing by 14. However, this game would have been a one try game if Nasser didn't drop a certain try. Not a personal shot at the bloke, cause he is the best in the comp at the moment. I see this one being close, and i will not be giving a score prediction as it is simply too tough to call.

I would never disrespect a school that half of my family went to which is why I said Terrace will be valiant and win a few games across the day. Its one of the country's best rugby schools and it's the only other GPS school I would ever consider sending my boys to. There is no question Terrace will put in their full effort across all matches and also in support.

In terms of the 1st XV, Nudgee have piled on the points in the second half of their matches so far this season and they have their play maker coming back in as well as Prestyn Laine-Sietu. I hope you are right and it ends up being a classic match and I don't mind Terrace having their wins over my old school (from time to time...). Terrace did a job on Churchie and Churchie outplayed Nudgee in a few areas, so you could be right but let's see how it plays out Terrace Gentleman.

Counting down the days to Australia's top rugby fixture.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would never disrespect a school that half of my family went to which is why I said Terrace will be valiant and win a few games across the day. Its one of the country's best rugby schools and it's the only other GPS school I would ever consider sending my boys to. There is no question Terrace will put in their full effort across all matches and also in support.

In terms of the 1st XV, Nudgee have piled on the points in the second half of their matches so far this season and they have their play maker coming back in as well as Prestyn Laine-Sietu. I hope you are right and it ends up being a classic match and I don't mind Terrace having their wins over my old school (from time to time...). Terrace did a job on Churchie and Churchie outplayed Nudgee in a few areas, so you could be right but let's see how it plays out Terrace Gentleman.

Counting down the days to Australia's top rugby fixture.
I think NC will be too strong with O’Connell and Laine-Setu back. They really missed their first choice flyhalf against Churchie.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 2nd XV scrum half from NC, Will Reardon is much better than Watson. Service is much faster and his accuracy is top notch. Watson is only getting picked because of the three year senior rule. Watch the last time U18’s reds v Tahs and listen to the commentary when Watson comes on.
I saw this Reardon kid play on the weekend and I would have to agree. The kid can play footy and has a very bright future. Would like to see what he could do with O’Connell as a starting halves pairing.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Yes mate i cannot wait for this clash, my blood is boiling
Whack Your Jack I love your passion but as this is a rugby forum not a school reunion love to know how you think given GT track record this year with a 6try to 1loss to TSS, narrow win over Churchie zoomboys and 1try each win over perpetual cellar dwellers BGS how do you figure you have a chance over Nudge apart from a lot of passion which I do respect but don’t regard.

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Here are my fresh updated musing.

Acgs v BBC 25 -17 two even teams with the home ground advantage giving Churchie the win. Churchie will be very pleased to walk away from a tough Toowoomba assignment with a win, and equally BBC dispatching Tss ( a big scalp)

TSS v BSHS 5-7 Southport at home will be tough with Tss regrouping and hungry for a win after the Bbc loss, but BSHS playing enterprising rugby. Tss is a real show with bulk and size and Bshs will need to keep alert with their strike weapon of size and athleticism perhaps matched. This game will be very close. Score could go either way. Bshs for mine- just

Bgs v Tgs. 12-31 An improving Bgs will initially be tough for TGS in the first half , but last weeks finishing form give me the confidence to say TGS all the way. They were finally getting their act together at the end of last weeks game.

Nc v Gt. 42-nil . The game all the other schools love to watch as the , so called brother schools, talk of the comradeship and close respect they both hold for each other…….. and then for 70 minutes proceeds to knock the living stuffing out of each other ( much to the other schools enjoyment) as the real feelings start to surface . The loser has to suffer another 12 months of ridicule- a high price to pay. Gt are very confident this year of turning the tables and will give it their all.

In recent years Nudgee have become experts at belittling the hapless Gt teams and even in years when Nudgee brimming with over confidence and a substandard premiership potential 1st 15 ‘s such as this year, they have NOT forgotten how to drive the knife deep into the shoulder blades of the Gt team who will be completely outclassed by this years substandard Nudgee 15.

FOR FORM GUIDANCE- Gt played well against the under strength Churchie team ( no new Ponga played that week) , who in turn taught Nudgee about respecting the competition as Churchie beat NC on all, but the scoreboard. Despite not being known for the Academic abilities, lets hope Nudgee learnt their lesson and show Gt some respect . Lol

So my prediction is a 42. - nil win to Nudgee with the Sandgate rd Petrol station selling ice and the Chemist selling decorub the real winners.

After Sat , Gt have the Academics to work out they are at best bottom 3, after a humiliating loss on Ross.

To the other schools , Let them sit back and enjoy these two gladiators schools bash the be jezuz out of each other on the field until one gets stabbed with the gladiator sword between shoulder blades , settling the argument and thus emptying the declining Ross Colosseum for another 24 months - so the good natured unsportsmanlike gloating can commence until next year, where the wonderful tradition continues.

Good luck all teams.

Dcarter

Banned
Here are my fresh updated musing.

Acgs v BBC 25 -17 two even teams with the home ground advantage giving Churchie the win. Churchie will be very pleased to walk away from a tough Toowoomba assignment with a win, and equally BBC dispatching Tss ( a big scalp)

TSS v BSHS 5-7 Southport at home will be tough with Tss regrouping and hungry for a win after the Bbc loss, but BSHS playing enterprising rugby. Tss is a real show with bulk and size and Bshs will need to keep alert with their strike weapon of size and athleticism perhaps matched. This game will be very close. Score could go either way. Bshs for mine- just

Bgs v Tgs. 12-31 An improving Bgs will initially be tough for TGS in the first half , but last weeks finishing form give me the confidence to say TGS all the way. They were finally getting their act together at the end of last weeks game.

Nc v Gt. 42-nil . The game all the other schools love to watch as the , so called brother schools, talk of the comradeship and close respect they both hold for each other…….. and then for 70 minutes proceeds to knock the living stuffing out of each other ( much to the other schools enjoyment) as the real feelings start to surface . The loser has to suffer another 12 months of ridicule- a high price to pay. Gt are very confident this year of turning the tables and will give it their all.

In recent years Nudgee have become experts at belittling the hapless Gt teams and even in years when Nudgee brimming with over confidence and a substandard premiership potential 1st 15 ‘s such as this year, they have NOT forgotten how to drive the knife deep into the shoulder blades of the Gt team who will be completely outclassed by this years substandard Nudgee 15.

FOR FORM GUIDANCE- Gt played well against the under strength Churchie team ( no new Ponga played that week) , who in turn taught Nudgee about respecting the competition as Churchie beat NC on all, but the scoreboard. Despite not being known for the Academic abilities, lets hope Nudgee learnt their lesson and show Gt some respect . Lol

So my prediction is a 42. - nil win to Nudgee with the Sandgate rd Petrol station selling ice and the Chemist selling decorub the real winners.

After Sat , Gt have the Academics to work out they are at best bottom 3, after a humiliating loss on Ross.

To the other schools , Let them sit back and enjoy these two gladiators schools bash the be jezuz out of each other on the field until one gets stabbed with the gladiator sword between shoulder blades , settling the argument and thus emptying the declining Ross Colosseum for another 24 months - so the good natured unsportsmanlike gloating can commence until next year, where the wonderful tradition continues.

Good luck all teams.
Headcase is back again, with this weeks version of dumb and dumber. This time he is playing the lead role. Because his originality about the so called lack of academic abilities has only highlighted that it’s him wearing the dunces hat. Because head case I thought I would let you know that game is actually been played at tennyson smart one!

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Headcase is back again, with this weeks version of dumb and dumber. This time he is playing the lead role. Because his originality about the so called lack of academic abilities has only highlighted that it’s him wearing the dunces hat. Because head case I thought I would let you know that game is actually been played at tennyson smart one!
Thanks Dc - I wont be going so i wont bother putting Tennyson into google maps.

- Easy fix though.

Gt 42 - Nudgee nil . Ref reported for Bias.

Gregory Terrace is a crack outfit who have proved their fire power by beating Churchie at home in Tennyson, and the Gorilla army is waiting with arms outreached to crush Nudgees dreams. This years Nudgee team is an under strength outfit , brimming with confidence, but not the ability to win at Tennyson. The Churchie game exposed the Nudgee weakness for all to see, and the Gt coaches would have replayed that game 100 times. Everyone can see the NC Vulnerability except one eyed NC supporters. Could this be their week to slip. Its Gts GAME for the taking.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Dc - I wont be going so i wont bother putting Tennyson into google maps.

- Easy fix though.

Gt 42 - Nudgee nil . Ref reported for Bias.

Gregory Terrace is a crack outfit who have proved their fire power by beating Churchie at home in Tennyson, and the Gorilla army is waiting with arms outreached to crush Nudgees dreams. This years Nudgee team is an under strength outfit , brimming with confidence, but not the ability to win at Tennyson. The Churchie game exposed the Nudgee weakness for all to see, and the Gt coaches would have replayed that game 100 times. Everyone can see the NC Vulnerability except one eyed NC supporters. Could this be their week to slip. Its Gts GAME for the taking.
Nudgee pulled an ATAR average score of 85 which is roughly the same as BBC, TSS, TGS etc. Perception isn't always reality but it makes for a good story .

In terms of reality rather than optics, the average score in the rugby (I think rugby is the topic for this forum) against Terrace might also be a very big number (85 also? Just kidding…) but let's wait and see!

How many sleeps to go!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.