• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nudgee pulled an ATAR average score of 85 which is roughly the same as BBC, TSS, TGS etc. Perception isn't always reality but it makes for a good story .

In terms of reality rather than optics, the average score in the rugby (I think rugby is the topic for this forum) against Terrace might also be a very big number (85 also? Just kidding…) but let's wait and see!

How many sleeps to go!?
What is this ATAR thing? Is it the Australian version of the GCSE?

PM me and let me know please.

Sorry for being a burden and not letting the chat flow im only a Bob McCowan and still learning. I do love it here, great culture and banter!

Whack Your Jack I love your passion but as this is a rugby forum not a school reunion love to know how you think given GT track record this year with a 6try to 1loss to TSS, narrow win over Churchie zoomboys and 1try each win over perpetual cellar dwellers BGS how do you figure you have a chance over Nudge apart from a lot of passion which I do respect but don’t regard.
Hey mate, first of all get my name right please. Second of all this Terrace age group has done it before, and they will do it again. Enough said.

MY SCORE PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEK:

BGS V TGS - Barry smith is the best prop in the game. SIMPLE AS THAT, another upset and BGS get their first season win in over 2 years (BGS 24 - TGS 12)

ACGS V BBC - Austin, Blanch and Pritchard are too good for the likes of Howarth and Red Rocket. (ACGS 33 - BBC 27)

TSS V BSHS - I think that TSS have the best home field advantage of any team, they are so tough to beat down at the 'Port' (TSS 41 - BSHS 28)

GT V NC - I believe it is forecasted to rain, so i am getting 2016 vibes for this one. Rain will slow the game down and the most physical team will win. In my eyes this is GT, they are undersized so they have to make up for it with intent and this is what they did well against ACGS. (GT 18 - NC 17)

I think that @WHACKO_JACKO.GT is reffering to them winning against NC a few times in the younger grades?

Let me know if this is incorrect information as I am not trying to turn this into a 'fake news' forum.
U 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's, 15's, 5 straight wins. A narrow loss in U16's which was one of the best non 1stXV footy matches i have ever had the pleasure of watching. There is no reason why this GT team shouldn't challenge this NC squad until the dying minutes

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
U 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's, 15's, 5 straight wins. A narrow loss in U16's which was one of the best non 1stXV footy matches i have ever had the pleasure of watching. There is no reason why this GT team shouldn't challenge this NC squad until the dying minutes
@WHACKO_JACKO.GT would you say that the loss in the U16's was to players who had moved up to play in the 1st? As I am aware that there were a few year 10 and 11 boys in the 1sts last year?

GPS_scout2024

Frank Nicholson (4)
MY SCORE PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEK:

BGS V TGS - Barry smith is the best prop in the game. SIMPLE AS THAT, another upset and BGS get their first season win in over 2 years (BGS 24 - TGS 12)

ACGS V BBC - Austin, Blanch and Pritchard are too good for the likes of Howarth and Red Rocket. (ACGS 33 - BBC 27)

TSS V BSHS - I think that TSS have the best home field advantage of any team, they are so tough to beat down at the 'Port' (TSS 41 - BSHS 28)

GT V NC - I believe it is forecasted to rain, so i am getting 2016 vibes for this one. Rain will slow the game down and the most physical team will win. In my eyes this is GT, they are undersized so they have to make up for it with intent and this is what they did well against ACGS. (GT 18 - NC 17)
Good Morning Jack,

I respect most of your posts and belive your knowledge is quite strong regarding the season.

However this is probably one of the worst predictions i have seen for this season.

TGS v BGS- TGS will clean grammar up, they were premiership contenders and have had a tough run. I believe they will be hungry for a win and with such a quality side they will most likely do so.

BBC v ACGS- Although Churchie have shown their potential, BBC are way too strong and will pump them.

BSHS v TSS- This round will definitely be the game to watch for round 5, BSHS making the trip to the shark tank will be quite the challenge as TSS havent lost at home in a couple of years. However with BSHS on an undefeated streak will be too much for the southport boys after their losses against BBC and Nudgee. Roman back in the starting line up will give BSHS a large advantage however UYS is sure to provide trouble for the south brissy boys.

NC v GT- GT have the pack mindset and are sure to give NC a good run for their money, however coming of multiple convincing wins i believe the blue and white will comfortably get the job done as they proved their strength against the TSS premiership contending squad. NC by 15+.

Thanks for your opinion Jack and i don't mean any disrespect by i just disagree with your tips for round 5. Id like to hear what the rest of the forum thinks about both of our predictions for this week.

Cheers GPS scout.

Dcarter

Banned
Is that under 15 game when they went uncontested scrums and picked 8 breakaways?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree Here - Although I am a NC Old boy, and am definitely backing them this week, this GT age group is one of the strongest we've seen come through the program thus far. I pick Nudgee in a close one. NUDGEE ARE YOU READY READY? YES WE ARE READY READY.

HarryHits

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree Here - Although I am a NC Old boy, and am definitely backing them this week, this GT age group is one of the strongest we've seen come through the program thus far. I pick Nudgee in a close one. NUDGEE ARE YOU READY READY? YES WE ARE READY READY.
They might have been years passed but on the GT vs NC trial day GT didn’t win many games and if they did the margins were close. Whereas most of the wins by NC had a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.