• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Chris McKivat (8)
Just been woken up in the middle of my sleep to spam notifications from the GPS forum!!
Why are we arguing and not talking about QLD GPS guys cmon, I know us footy players are like leather on the outside but nice and squishy on the inside.
Let's be respectful of each other and try not to wake me up after a long night shift.

footinbothcamps

Frank Row (1)
Good to see someone call it as it’s been happening god over 40 years
That Qld u15 side is a joke, there is a kid in this side who has been playing in his schools 15'B side. We know of a kid who goes to school in Qld but plays club rugby in Northern NSW, he couldn't for some reason (most likely not chummy with the selectors/coach) make the South Coast u15 side yet has just been selected in the Waratah u15s side. I'd suspect that just like last year the Waratahs will blow this Qld side away.

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
RR’s round 5 predictions
BGS vs TGS - TGS are low on confidence, BGS will be primed to steal a W here on home ground after a solid narrow loss against GT last week. Putting my balls on the line and backing the BGS boys in by less than 7

GT vs NC - NC will be too strong but the GT back row will ensure the boys in black and red are competitive. NC by 21+

TSS vs BSHS - form guide says State High but I feel the TSS boys are a different beast at home. TSS have to address their defensive frailties particularly in transition when they turnover ball. If the TSS boys make this a set piece dominated match and play a boring territorial game on the back of this with their kicking I feel they can give State High their first loss for the year. Goldie’s kicking will need to better this week, I feel the talented TSS 9 has been a little bit off his best this season and it has affected his team’s fortunes. I must be bored, I’m backing the boys from TSS by 7+.

ACGS vs BBC - I believe both teams are carrying some niggles to important personnel where I believe the bench will play an important part in determining the result.
Churchie’s bench pales in comparison to the BBC bench and as such, I believe the Highlanders from the Wong will eventually win by 14+ over the Vikings East of the Bane.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey All - Back with another opinion piece. Just wanted to list my beliefs for the best props of the season thus far. This list is in no particular order.

Kinglsey Uys - TSS
Barry Smith - BGS
Levi Slater - NC
Alec Weir - GT
Oscar Donovan - BBC
Isaac Raluni - NC
Harrison Humphreys - TGS
Lucas Clifford (Bomb Squad) - BBC

Again, these are just my thoughts, please let me know your personal opinions with a reply. Thanks Forum.

Last edited:
Is that under 15 game when they went uncontested scrums and picked 8 breakaways?
Do you think the Rugby Australia rules are their for a joke mate. Neck injuries are a dangerous part of the game and if you wanna take the mick out of them then you aren't just a poor footy fan, your a poor bloke. i have seen plenty of serious neck injuries in my time of watching footy, and i can tell you it is heartbreaking. GT did the responsible thing in this case and went uncontested. DO BETTER

Just been woken up in the middle of my sleep to spam notifications from the GPS forum!!
Why are we arguing and not talking about QLD GPS guys cmon, I know us footy players are like leather on the outside but nice and squishy on the inside.
Let's be respectful of each other and try not to wake me up after a long night shift.
Mate where do you live if you are only just waking up? Or did you just have a big night so you had to catch up on some sleep ahhaahah. Happened to the best of us, KFC always did the trick for me.

Dcarter

Banned
Do you think the Rugby Australia rules are there for a joke mate. Neck injuries are a dangerous part of the game and if you wanna take the mick out of them then you aren't just a poor footy fan, your a poor bloke. i have seen plenty of serious neck injuries in my time of watching footy, and i can tell you it is heartbreaking. GT did the responsible thing in this case and went uncontested. DO BETTER
Don’t try and sugar coat it! Your telling me that there wasn’t 3 boys out of the whole 15 age group that weren’t FRR that day. If that’s the case what the hell has the GT program been doing whilst these boys have been at the school? Also if that’s your take, then why don’t we have uncontested rucks and malls, scrums are at least done in a controlled manner???? Rucks people are flying in my everywhere!

Dcarter

Banned
Do you think the Rugby Australia rules are there for a joke mate. Neck injuries are a dangerous part of the game and if you wanna take the mick out of them then you aren't just a poor footy fan, your a poor bloke. i have seen plenty of serious neck injuries in my time of watching footy, and i can tell you it is heartbreaking. GT did the responsible thing in this case and went uncontested. DO BETTER
As you would be aware most neck injuries occur from tackling not scrums.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Who would be on the front cover?
Reminds me of all the Football players back home trying to celebrate the hardest to get on the cover of one of these games. :p
I was never too big into video games when I was younger, but i did dabble in the old FIFA 98 on the PS System. I think they tend to have the big name players, which in this case would be O'Connel, Siulepa, Hales, Mcnally, ETC, on the cover. Alternatively, they could include some of the captains from each school.

footinbothcamps

Frank Row (1)

QLD REDS UNDER 15s

Okay I hope I don't get slapped for this as I am not disrespecting young player but when will the REDS STOP appointing school coaches/rugby directors to rep teams. Some of these selections are unfathomable. Bias can be unintentional and with the two coaches being from Nudgee and Ipswich Grammar I will say no more. I believe Scott Gale will coach the Under 16s so brace yourself for a tsunami of TGS boys in that team. IF the QLD Under 15s beat NSW I will shout the bar at Ballymore for 15 minutes !
i'll give the Qld u15 team a line of +26.5 and i'll happy shout the bar at Ballymore for an hour i'm that confident the NSW 15s will win and win easily.

Don’t try and sugar coat it! Your telling me that there wasn’t 3 boys out of the whole 15 age group that weren’t FRR that day. If that’s the case what the hell has the GT program been doing whilst these boys have been at the school? Also if that’s your take, then why don’t we have uncontested rucks and malls, scrums are at least done in a controlled manner???? Rucks people are flying in my everywhere!
Had a couple out with injury mate, that's just how the world works. Natural selection

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
Speaking about front rowers the absolute lack of calls for dominant scrums this year has been ridiculous. I have watched TSS who arguably the strongest scrum in the comp and they hardly get the penalties they deserve at set piece time.

I’m not a TSS supporter but Kingsley Uys, Blaze Moana and Jonah Rangiwai have dominated at set piece but are only rarely rewarded. Most of the time refs are more inclined to call a reset.

If we want to be developing the set piece in our next generations this has to be adjudicated properly. Local refs may not pay it any mind, but when our kids get to the international stage they are found severely wanting when playing countries who afford the set piece the respect it deserves.

The lack of calls at scrum time has quite honestly been ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.