• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hi All, TheRugbyCyclist here, presenting my tips for the week.
As always, these are just an opinion, and I would love to hear feedback/thoughts from all fellow forumists.

TSS vs BSHS - GIVE ME THE STATEY BOYS!
BSHS have proven themselves week in week out as one of the premiership contenders with season. As far as I know, Roman will return again this week, potentially as a starter (not sure if he has been in Tasmania or not), but after a clutch win against IGS away, and premiership contending momentum, I see state high taking this one. Although TSS have been strong, after a loss against BBC, and especially looking at their Nudgee result, I envision that BSHS will come out with the energy and take this one, as TSS seem to be slightly struggling with their mentality so far.
FINAL SCORE - 22-15 BSHS

BGS vs TGS - GIVE ME THE BOYS FROM THE RANGE IN THE BLUE AND GOLD
After a loss for both sides last week, with BGS suffering a big one against NC, and TGS going out in what was once a close game against ACGS, I see the boys from the range coming out with their first win of the season. Although TGS have been dicey, making many changes in their spine throughout the season, their team will prove ultimately too good for the Grammar boys as they travel to Northgate. TGS have had a solid squad all year and have surprised many by not winning, but with their shifty backs and composed forwards, they can easily grab their first win up at Oval 1.
FINAL SCORE - 33-18 TGS

ACGS vs BBC - GIVE ME THE HIGHLANDER BOYS FROM THE 'WONG
This game is shaping up to be one of the best all season, however for obvious reasons it cannot be deemed as my game of the round. Both sides are coming of good wins last week and have looked to be top 5 sides. ACGS especially have seemed to be unpredictable, with losses against GT but a near win against NC, so it's been hard to pick how they can go. However, i predict that after that loss against BSHS, BBC have been fired up and are looking to put one hand on the premiership. With the forwards such as Eagle, Mayberry and their shifty backs such as Howarth and DJ, The team has looked composed both in free play and off the set piece. Churchie will compete, especially in the scrum, with the likes of Sio and Solofa. If BBC can manage their scrum in the late game and use their bench, (such as Clifford, Smith), i see them coming away with this one in a somewhat low scoring affair.
FINAL SCORE - 18-15 BBC

GT vs NC - GIVE ME MY OLD BOYS - THE BLUE AND WHITE. THIS IS THE GAME OF THE ROUND
Ahhhhh, the battle of the colours. Many things have been said about this game, and their are many possibilities indeed. As a NC old boy, my pick may be biased, but I see NC coming up with this one in a close one. NC have proven themselves all season as the team to beat, however GT aren't one to walk away from a challenge, and on their best day could come out winners. Personally, I see this game going two ways.
NUMBER 1 - GT come out firing, and the game goes down to the last minutes
NUMBER 2 - NC come through putting many points on in the first half and GT don't recover.
However it goes, I see Russell, scoring for GT, and O'conell from NC providing as the centrepiece for the NC attack. Scrums will be interesting to watch, with Terrace having a generally smaller time, however they have proven the golden rule in rugby - Size doesn't matter
FINAL SCORE - 19-17 NC

IGS - BYE

Again, please let me know your thoughts, and I thank everyone for putting in the time and effort to read my tips.

As always, these are just an opinion, and I would love to hear feedback/thoughts from all fellow forumists.

BSHS have proven themselves week in week out as one of the premiership contenders with season. As far as I know, Roman will return again this week, potentially as a starter (not sure if he has been in Tasmania or not), but after a clutch win against IGS away, and premiership contending momentum, I see state high taking this one. Although TSS have been strong, after a loss against BBC, and especially looking at their Nudgee result, I envision that BSHS will come out with the energy and take this one, as TSS seem to be slightly struggling with their mentality so far.
FINAL SCORE - 22-15 BSHS

After a loss for both sides last week, with BGS suffering a big one against NC, and TGS going out in what was once a close game against ACGS, I see the boys from the range coming out with their first win of the season. Although TGS have been dicey, making many changes in their spine throughout the season, their team will prove ultimately too good for the Grammar boys as they travel to Northgate. TGS have had a solid squad all year and have surprised many by not winning, but with their shifty backs and composed forwards, they can easily grab their first win up at Oval 1.
FINAL SCORE - 33-18 TGS

This game is shaping up to be one of the best all season, however for obvious reasons it cannot be deemed as my game of the round. Both sides are coming of good wins last week and have looked to be top 5 sides. ACGS especially have seemed to be unpredictable, with losses against GT but a near win against NC, so it's been hard to pick how they can go. However, i predict that after that loss against BSHS, BBC have been fired up and are looking to put one hand on the premiership. With the forwards such as Eagle, Mayberry and their shifty backs such as Howarth and DJ, The team has looked composed both in free play and off the set piece. Churchie will compete, especially in the scrum, with the likes of Sio and Solofa. If BBC can manage their scrum in the late game and use their bench, (such as Clifford, Smith), i see them coming away with this one in a somewhat low scoring affair.
FINAL SCORE - 18-15 BBC

GT vs NC - GIVE ME MY OLD BOYS - THE BLUE AND WHITE. THIS IS THE GAME OF THE ROUND
Ahhhhh, the battle of the colours. Many things have been said about this game, and their are many possibilities indeed. As a NC old boy, my pick may be biased, but I see NC coming up with this one in a close one. NC have proven themselves all season as the team to beat, however GT aren't one to walk away from a challenge, and on their best day could come out winners. Personally, I see this game going two ways.
NUMBER 2 - NC come through putting many points on in the first half and GT don't recover.
However it goes, I see Russell, scoring for GT, and O'conell from NC providing as the centrepiece for the NC attack. Scrums will be interesting to watch, with Terrace having a generally smaller time, however they have proven the golden rule in rugby - Size doesn't matter
FINAL SCORE - 19-17 NC

IGS - BYE

Again, please let me know your thoughts, and I thank everyone for putting in the time and effort to read my tips.
I appreciate this a lot mate. I like your thinking a lot

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Mate
inside word is that Princeton played 3rds last week, but i would be surprised if he overtakes Slater or Raulini, who have been playing some great footy. Also Presytn is rumoured to be returning but yet again the centres (Welfare and Rohan) have been playing good footy and i think Presytn will be playing 2s this week and then getting a solid 15 minutes off the bench in the back half of the game, when the forwards get tired.
thanks for the update @WHACKO_JACKO.GT

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)

FINAL SCORE - 22-15 BSHS

FINAL SCORE - 33-18 TGS

FINAL SCORE - 18-15 BBC

FINAL SCORE - 19-17 NC

IGS - BYE

110% agree, I'll put money on that these predictions will be perfect.
Anyone know where to find the GPS section on sportsbet :p:cool::) (Only joking, gamble responsibly).

Dcarter

Banned
Hey I agree with this excpet I would change the GT vs NC score will be a very close game could lean either side
Cheers Daniel. Appreciate reply mate. Yeah reasoning behind NC score was based on For and against this far this year for both teams. Plus with 5/8 back for Nudgee and Preston starting, and GT forward pack not as strong. Just my opinion though mate, and always happy for alternative opinion. Cheers brother

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
My predictions from last week (after being spot on):

Firstly, I predicted Nudgee would put on at least 50 against BGS in the 1st XV and that would be one of the smaller margins on the day. Nudgee won 100% of their games on the day and most with margins of between 45, 50, 60 and 70 points. The fall of yet another important pillar of Australian rugby is very sad to see and I don't like to see this.

NB: BGS won all but 1 of the chess matches.

Down to business:

Country Grammar v City Grammar - Toowoomba by 25 points. A no brainer. Hopefully BGS can compete in some of the other games during the day.

Southport v State High - This is a difficult one to pick. I think Southport have under achieved so far this season and State High have really shown their steel under some pressure situations, particularly last week to become firm contenders for the Premiership. The State School will be hungry for win but I think the Shark Dodgers are due a win and last weekend's match must have taken its toll on State High to win pretty much on the bell against Ipswich. Hmm...okay, I'm going with Southport by 5 points.

Anglican Church School v the Uniting Church School
- BBC are settling in nicely to this Premiership and I believe the more methodical mentality cohort will prevail over the more liberally minded school. BBC by 10 points.

The Battle of the Colours between the two 19th Century Roman Catholic Establishment Schools
- A valiant Terrace team will walk onto the Tennyson cricket oval for this annual rugby match but Nudgee will pile on the points with their team full of stars and son's of Australian sporting royalty. I'll be humble and suggest a 30 point margin to Nudgee and Terrace will win a few matches across the day.

NB: Terrace to win the chess.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT....how many days now?

My predictions from last week (after being spot on):

Firstly, I predicted Nudgee would put on at least 50 against BGS in the 1st XV and that would be one of the smaller margins on the day. Nudgee won 100% of their games on the day and most with margins of between 45, 50, 60 and 70 points. The fall of yet another important pillar of Australian rugby is very sad to see and I don't like to see this.

NB: BGS won all but 1 of the chess matches.

Down to business:

Country Grammar v City Grammar - Toowoomba by 25 points. A no brainer. Hopefully BGS can compete in some of the other games during the day.

Southport v State High - This is a difficult one to pick. I think Southport have under achieved so far this season and State High have really shown their steel under some pressure situations, particularly last week to become firm contenders for the Premiership. The State School will be hungry for win but I think the Shark Dodgers are due a win and last weekend's match must have taken its toll on State High to win pretty much on the bell against Ipswich. Hmm...okay, I'm going with Southport by 5 points.

Anglican Church School v the Uniting Church School
- BBC are settling in nicely to this Premiership and I believe the more methodical mentality cohort will prevail over the more liberally minded school. BBC by 10 points.

The Battle of the Colours between the two 19th Century Roman Catholic Establishment Schools
- A valiant Terrace team will walk onto the Tennyson cricket oval for this annual rugby match but Nudgee will pile on the points with their team full of stars and son's of Australian sporting royalty. I'll be humble and suggest a 30 point margin to Nudgee and Terrace will win a few matches across the day.

NB: Terrace to win the chess.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT....how many days now?

You wont be getting any countdowns if you keep disrespecting my former school like that. There is no world in which GT dont put in a big effort and keep this game close for the majority of this fixture. The GT boys put in a great effort in the trial losing by 14. However, this game would have been a one try game if Nasser didn't drop a certain try. Not a personal shot at the bloke, cause he is the best in the comp at the moment. I see this one being close, and i will not be giving a score prediction as it is simply too tough to call.

Hairlikegeorgesmith

Bob McCowan (2)

QLD REDS UNDER 15s

Okay I hope I don't get slapped for this as I am not disrespecting young player but when will the REDS STOP appointing school coaches/rugby directors to rep teams. Some of these selections are unfathomable. Bias can be unintentional and with the two coaches being from Nudgee and Ipswich Grammar I will say no more. I believe Scott Gale will coach the Under 16s so brace yourself for a tsunami of TGS boys in that team. IF the QLD Under 15s beat NSW I will shout the bar at Ballymore for 15 minutes !

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)

QLD REDS UNDER 15s

Okay I hope I don't get slapped for this as I am not disrespecting young player but when will the REDS STOP appointing school coaches/rugby directors to rep teams. Some of these selections are unfathomable. Bias can be unintentional and with the two coaches being from Nudgee and Ipswich Grammar I will say no more. I believe Scott Gale will coach the Under 16s so brace yourself for a tsunami of TGS boys in that team. IF the QLD Under 15s beat NSW I will shout the bar at Ballymore for 15 minutes !
Good to see someone call it as it’s been happening god over 40 years

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
My ‘Round 5’ tips …..

BGS vs TGS - this will be close but I feel TGS will get away with this one to register there first win of the season - TGS by 7 or less

GT vs NC - unfortunately, I don’t give GT any chance of an upset. I think NC will blow GT away in the first half & continue the route into the 2nd half - NC by 30+

TSS vs BSHS - another close and exciting game. However, I feel the lads from South Brisbane will outmuscle the TSS pack and sneak away with a good away win - BSHS by 6

ACGS vs BBC - another enthralling contest & I think the Churchie home crowd will get the Blue & Grey boys over the line - Churchie by 7 or less

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)

QLD REDS UNDER 15s

Completley Agree here - The Reds program need to be looking beyond the GPS system to win. Simply picking GPS players and coaches just suggests nepotism towards big rugby schools like NC. If it's a Queensland Reds side - Look in all parts of Queensland. North, South, Public or Private. I would suggest these teams to look more into the Club sides of these age groups. But what would I know hey? I'm just another RugbyCyclist.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
You wont be getting any countdowns if you keep disrespecting my former school like that. There is no world in which GT dont put in a big effort and keep this game close for the majority of this fixture. The GT boys put in a great effort in the trial losing by 14. However, this game would have been a one try game if Nasser didn't drop a certain try. Not a personal shot at the bloke, cause he is the best in the comp at the moment. I see this one being close, and i will not be giving a score prediction as it is simply too tough to call.
Hey @WHACKO_JACKO.GT would I be able to get a countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.