• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcarter

Banned
Next week is shaping up to be excellent round of Rugby.

TGS V BGS - t'bar finished hard this afternoon in some aggressive up tempo rugby, against Churchie but Churchie looked fully in control most of the game until they went sleep in the dying minutes. TGS has some good cattle and will beat the Light , The Dark of BGS despite BGS obvious efforts- they are on the improve.

Churchie v BBC at Main Oval East Brisbane could be the advantage , although BBC is starting to find form and I predict a win for the Black and Green so long as TSS has not taken too much petrol out of the Tank. As Nudgee found out, Churchie is a team not to be taken lightly this year but I see BBC still with points to be made .

Bshs v TSS - Not sure how BSHS travels but TSS like IGS to take the physical game to match BSHS, but this BSHS TEAM is proving to have something we don't see from recent BSHS teams and that is a bit of Grit.

Finally NC v GT. With Nudgee declaring publicly they really needed 16 Men to beat Churchie last week and only had 15, and a decisive victory against reining wooden spooners BGS this afternoon, they could not have had a better preparation. GT also had a deserved win against Churchie with just 15 men and have had a week off. It is now time for GT to put up or shut up. They have squawked that this team is the real deal. I contend that if Nudgee continue to lack respect for opponents , GT could pull off a win, then GT deserve to be stamped "The Real Deal". If however GT lose I put them Bottom 3 by the end of the season. For the sake of making it an interesting season my heart says GT by a conversion but my head say Nudgee by 5.
Head case welcome back, I missed your complete dribble! GT are the furthest thing from the real deal as you have any rugby knowledge. You pick and choose what you want to use as stats. You justify your bias towards GT you only mention that they too managed to beat Churchie just like Nudgee. But fail to mention that Nudgee put 50 on TSS whilst TSS pumped GT. You also failed to mention that the wooden spooners should have beaten terrace of not held up twice. And eventually ended up losing 16-10. This is in stark comparison to Nudgee thinking BGS by 50. Your credibility or lack of, is amplified with each uneducated and sometimes stupid post that you make. Have a breather from the forum mate. Your starting to embarrass yourself.

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Head case welcome back, I missed your complete dribble! GT are the furthest thing from the real deal as you have any rugby knowledge. You pick and choose what you want to use as stats. You justify your bias towards GT you only mention that they too managed to beat Churchie just like Nudgee. But fail to mention that Nudgee put 50 on TSS whilst TSS pumped GT. You also failed to mention that the wooden spooners should have beaten terrace of not held up twice. And eventually ended up losing 16-10. This is in stark comparison to Nudgee thinking BGS by 50. Your credibility or lack of, is amplified with each uneducated and sometimes stupid post that you make. Have a breather from the forum mate. Your starting to embarrass yourself.
Lol. There it is again.Decline and Vulnerability. If you were that confident, there is no need to defend with such venom. You feel it too. The defence rests

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
I

Of course they don’t. They always support their school in good times and not so good.
Toowoomba always play above their weight and are a very good rugby school.
I thought t'bar boys started to show some spark that many had been expecting in the last 15 min, when Churchie fell asleep. With Churchie leading 33-12 they started to turn off. The T'bar boys felt that and Then TGS tempo and speed increased dramatically and a confidence in body language returned with some Belief in their team and abilities. I think we will see more of it in coming weeks. A couple of big boppers started running wild.

Hairlikegeorgesmith

Bob McCowan (2)
I thought t'bar boys started to show some spark that many had been expecting in the last 15 min, when Churchie fell asleep. With Churchie leading 33-12 they started to turn off. The T'bar boys felt that and Then TGS tempo and speed increased dramatically and a confidence in body language returned with some Belief in their team and abilities. I think we will see more of it in coming weeks. A couple of big boppers started running wild.
Your kidding. Only game they will win this campain is BGS. Downlands look better on the paddock. Imported all these new players and there is no cohesion. Plus only wanting to offer scholarships in year 10+ makes it hard to find quality players. Headmaster talked a big game. Didn't he claim to have played Australian Schoolboys for both league and union ?

Nut and Bolt

Stan Wickham (3)
Your kidding. Only game they will win this campain is BGS. Downlands look better on the paddock. Imported all these new players and there is no cohesion. Plus only wanting to offer scholarships in year 10+ makes it hard to find quality players. Headmaster talked a big game. Didn't he claim to have played Australian Schoolboys for both league and union ?
Couldn't agree more mate rumour has it old boys and players not happy with the way TGS rugby is heading. Will be interesting how they go against BGS this weekend.

I have got 2 real talking points from this past weekend of footy:

a) Toowoomba Grammar's defence in the backline is extremely poor. There was zero connection between the 12 and 13 channel. Churchie repeated the same starter play for the entire game. A simple blind winger cuts out the 10 and passes to 12, then 13 runs a short line and 10 swings around the back of the blocker to shift straight away to 15, beating the jamming opposition winger. Now dont get me wrong, Churchie ran this play clinically every time. A real impressive showing from young gun Fletcher Austin returning for his second year of first XV footy. Him alongside Treyvon Pritchard were able to exploit a jamming 13 and 14 every time, leading to two full field tries for Pritchard. TGS have made several changes to their backs including the demotion of Reds U16 halfback Jack Brown, which was a massive shock to myself, and im sure many others. In order to win games they need to build cohesion within their unit and i think it is imperative they return to their team within the trial period, which looked deadly. I have also been dissapointed with flyhalf Ily, not sure what his last name is but he was a gun last year and has struggled heavily so far this year. Last weekend he kicked two touch finders over the dead ball line, resulting in a turnover which was costly for the Grammar School, falling short in the dying minutes.

b) Downlands College have some serious footy players. They took it to GT on the weekend, winning by a comfortable 33 points. GT rested their entire starting XV and gave some youngsters in the u16's a red hot crack, as well as the 2nd XV boys. Either way, i was most impressed by their captain (no.8), who ran a riot amongst the young bucks of GT. He has a huge frame whilst being athletic and hungry throughout the entire game. He showed great leadership and has one of the best offloads/tipping from a forward ive ever seen. He set up three of four tries and scored two meat pies himself. This kid is a freak of nature and could easily play at a high level within the GPS comp. I seriously believe that the O'callaghan cup could be heading back to Downlands this season.

5 days until one of the greatest schoolboy rugby events in Australia, I won't be missing this for the world.
Alright mate i appreciate you trying to do this for me... But it is clear to anyone in this forum that the countdown is my job. I was inactive this weekend due to some wifi issues at my place out in Warwick. But i dont need you to do it for me. All of the respected members of this forum know the countdown is my job

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alright mate i appreciate you trying to do this for me... But it is clear to anyone in this forum that the countdown is my job. I was inactive this weekend due to some wifi issues at my place out in Warwick. But i dont need you to do it for me. All of the respected members of this forum know the countdown is my job
sorry mate though I should jump in and keep it going, sorry to overstep I was just trying to help

Hairlikegeorgesmith

Bob McCowan (2)
GT always put up a Herculean effort against Nudgee. It’s there GF no matter where they are on the ladder.the TSS game was an anomaly for Nudgee,everything went right for them.
GT will put up the fight of their lives.
Nudgee might be a little complacent

Not sure where your mail is coming from. Scrum half has changed, but Hepner & Baravilala are both listed as locks and Ramsey & Gray the flankers from last week are back again for this game. So only change I see is Elms in for Brown at half.
Sorry mate combined two weeks into one. Previous week Jonah and RT dropped ? Anyway all the imports and poaching the QLD Reds guy Lincoln have backfired

Status
Not open for further replies.