• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
My predictions from last week (after being spot on):

Firstly, I predicted Nudgee would put on at least 50 against BGS in the 1st XV and that would be one of the smaller margins on the day. Nudgee won 100% of their games on the day and most with margins of between 45, 50, 60 and 70 points. The fall of yet another important pillar of Australian rugby is very sad to see and I don't like to see this.

NB: BGS won all but 1 of the chess matches.

Down to business:

Country Grammar v City Grammar - Toowoomba by 25 points. A no brainer. Hopefully BGS can compete in some of the other games during the day.

Southport v State High - This is a difficult one to pick. I think Southport have under achieved so far this season and State High have really shown their steel under some pressure situations, particularly last week to become firm contenders for the Premiership. The State School will be hungry for win but I think the Shark Dodgers are due a win and last weekend's match must have taken its toll on State High to win pretty much on the bell against Ipswich. Hmm...okay, I'm going with Southport by 5 points.

Anglican Church School v the Uniting Church School
- BBC are settling in nicely to this Premiership and I believe the more methodical mentality cohort will prevail over the more liberally minded school. BBC by 10 points.

The Battle of the Colours between the two 19th Century Roman Catholic Establishment Schools
- A valiant Terrace team will walk onto the Tennyson cricket oval for this annual rugby match but Nudgee will pile on the points with their team full of stars and son's of Australian sporting royalty. I'll be humble and suggest a 30 point margin to Nudgee and Terrace will win a few matches across the day.

NB: Terrace to win the chess.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT....how many days now?

@Sofit What exactly do you mean by the 'chess matches,' please either PM me or reply here!
Thanks,
LOF_3000

Hi, all I have to say is that watching my old school go down like that last week was tough. I would love to see them catch a win, but more than anything, I wouldn't mind someone explaining to me how TGS, my old school, is 0-4. People had told me we had a good chance at the premiership.

Also, to weigh in on this debate about Terrace Vs Nudgee, as I have previously stated, I have a close family friend with a son at the school who believes Terrace has a real chance this weekend. After re-watching the replay of a gallant win against Churchie a few weeks ago, I can see them pushing the boys from Boondall, possibly winning.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi, all I have to say is that watching my old school go down like that last week was tough. I would love to see them catch a win, but more than anything, I wouldn't mind someone explaining to me how TGS, my old school, is 0-4. People had told me we had a good chance at the premiership.

Also, to weigh in on this debate about Terrace Vs Nudgee, as I have previously stated, I have a close family friend with a son at the school who believes Terrace has a real chance this weekend. After re-watching the replay of a gallant win against Churchie a few weeks ago, I can see them pushing the boys from Boondall, possibly winning.
Hmm I have some St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace '(slang used by low IQ schoolboys)' suspisions here?

p.s let me know if '(slang used by low IQ schoolboys)' is the right word to describe this person as I am still learning all the slang?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hmm I have some St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace '(slang used by low IQ schoolboys)' suspisions here?

p.s let me know if '(slang used by low IQ schoolboys)' is the right word to describe this person as I am still learning all the slang?
It doesn't strike me as a fake but who knows. My personal opinion (not the rules of the forum) is that everyone has a valid opinion until they start to behave poorly. As long as they are talking footy I am all for it. @SOUTHS_SYDENYPREMS80523 I think your opinion is valid.

I did not know that that would correct it to that, what a cool feature! I just meant that this sounds like a St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace boy hyping up his own school behind an alias called @SOUTHS_SYDENYPREMS80523
Don't know who you are, mate but guarantee you wouldn't catch me going to school with the city slickers from Terrace. I am a TGS man through and through.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)

I think GT will have a chance if they play up to the standard they did against ACGS. However, if they play like they did against BGS then us NC boys will be ruthless, and I would expect a thrashing.

Looking forward to attending Tennyson this week, my lads will show Nudgee College what it means to play for the red and black. I miss that feeling of running out of the tunnel more than anything.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Looking forward to attending Tennyson this week, my lads will show Nudgee College what it means to play for the red and black. I miss that feeling of running out of the tunnel more than anything.
Same Here - We might be old boys of opposing schools but we share the same lust for the atmosphere of schoolboy footy. Looking forward to a great game on the weekend.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah sure mate. Let's see if you GT boys really bleed red then ay? The bear's coming, coming for you, college coming, coming for you.
COME ON NC!!!! Shalalala, All the NC Boys, Shalalala, All the NC Boys, Shalala, all the NC Boys, SHALALA, ALL THE NC BOYS, SHALALALA, ALL THE NC BOYS (A old classic from my time at NC, Anyone know if this one is still around?)

Status
Not open for further replies.