• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I think the Wallaby players, coaches and staff should attend occasions such as the Nudgee Terrace rugby day, perhaps also some home games on Ross or at Churchie or BBC to understand from the bottom up what rugby culture looks like. The Springboks for me have the best and deepest rugby culture followed by Wales and New Zealand, England and countries like Fiji, Argentina, Ireland. We used to have strong culture also peaking when Michael Lynagh and Campo etc were playing. Now it feels very AFLish, vacuous, corporate and shallow. The GPS competition is superb and they could learn a lot from it culturally. Those international teams I mentioned seem to be playing for a higher purpose, particularly the Springboks, and I see something similar, for example, when the Terrace boys walk out against Nudgee, or when Nudgee bows down and prays in front of the admiring grand stand before they run out, or when BBC come down the hill behind the bag pipes. There are so many poor decisions that get made by various rugby organisations in Australia and the one that is really annoying me atm is when I watch any games on the GPS Sport live feed and they only start the coverage after both teams have taken the field. They don’t show any of the build up. Don’t they know anything about GPS rugby and its rituals etc.? Gosh, bad decision after bad decision incl a referee shutting down a superb rugby contest by blowing his whistle whenever an attacking team is on the line of its opposition. Come on Rugby Australia smarten up for god’s sake.
Just Wanted to say I Absolutely love this take. Union in Aus has been on a downfall for a long time and we need some kind of change ASAP to get us where we used to be.

kingsleyuys4

Frank Row (1)
I hear all this talk but I dont want to see any of yous talking until you come up against Kingsley's uys scrum. He is a one in a generation player, yous all talk about tika, Nudgee this Nudgee that, come feel the wrath of UYS scrum

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think the Wallaby players, coaches and staff should attend occasions such as the Nudgee Terrace rugby day, perhaps also some home games on Ross or at Churchie or BBC to understand from the bottom up what rugby culture looks like. The Springboks for me have the best and deepest rugby culture followed by Wales and New Zealand, England and countries like Fiji, Argentina, Ireland. We used to have strong culture also peaking when Michael Lynagh and Campo etc were playing. Now it feels very AFLish, vacuous, corporate and shallow. The GPS competition is superb and they could learn a lot from it culturally. Those international teams I mentioned seem to be playing for a higher purpose, particularly the Springboks, and I see something similar, for example, when the Terrace boys walk out against Nudgee, or when Nudgee bows down and prays in front of the admiring grand stand before they run out, or when BBC come down the hill behind the bag pipes. There are so many poor decisions that get made by various rugby organisations in Australia and the one that is really annoying me atm is when I watch any games on the GPS Sport live feed and they only start the coverage after both teams have taken the field. They don’t show any of the build up. Don’t they know anything about GPS rugby and its rituals etc.? Gosh, bad decision after bad decision incl a referee shutting down a superb rugby contest by blowing his whistle whenever an attacking team is on the line of its opposition. Come on Rugby Australia smarten up for god’s sake.
As an Englishman, I can attest to your comments. The culture back home for rugby is much better than here (no offence), and even better when it comes to football. In my younger years, I always thought that Aussies had a great rugby (and beer) culture. However, since moving here in the early 2000s, it hasn't lived up to my expectations and seems to have declined. Nonetheless, Rugby League has that strong culture, similar to rugby back home. In my opinion, the rugby boards across Australia will need to reinvent themselves, or else the sport we all love may start to diminish.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I did not know this cheers mate. That's great news. Now i can support my ex school (boys in the red and black), as well as go down to the Kennel at Toowong and watch my beloved Wests Bulldogs. AND, why not stream the AUS v SA game on stan, (the home of footy) whilst im at it. WHAT A DAY OF FOOTY WE HAVE COMING ON THE 10TH OF AUGUST
Love to See another Wests man on the forum. DOGGIES GO. DOGGIES BARK BARK BARK. GO DOGGIES BARK GO. DOGGGGIES BARK GO WESTS BULLDOGS (Sylvian Road, Take me Home, To the place, I Belong, Western Districts, Rugby Football, Take me home, Sylvian Road)

Mate no way. Are you currently playing down at Wests or are you an ex player. I will be attending this week's matchup against Easts at Toowong. How about you?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Mate no way. Are you currently playing down at Wests or are you an ex player. I will be attending this week's matchup against Easts at Toowong. How about you?
Currently a Colts Coach. Will be down there this weekend for prems of course. Doggies looking good this season - If you would like to talk more I'd love to have you visit the QPR forum.

HarryHits

Bob McCowan (2)
"...the program has lost its ability to truthfully self reflect on its performance and is in decline."

To date this season NC has won:

- 27 out of 31 games v Churchie
- 49 out of 50 of the games v TSS and IGS
- total to date 96% of all contests
- 100% of all 1st XV games
- Defeated the top rugby school from New Zealand (Christchurch)
- Defeated the top rugby school from Sydney (Barker)

"self reflect on its performance and is in decline."
"...the program has lost its ability to truthfully self reflect on its performance and is in decline."

To date this season NC has won:

- 27 out of 31 games v Churchie
- 49 out of 50 of the games v TSS and IGS
- total to date 96% of all contests
- 100% of all 1st XV games
- Defeated the top rugby school from New Zealand (Christchurch)
- Defeated the top rugby school from Sydney (Barker)

"self reflect on its performance and is in decline."
Yes 100% should be worried about the decline. Other schools should worry about how they will achieve this level of success year in and out.

Rondolavender4

Frank Row (1)
why no talk about the smashing dashing centre Killarney (Lavender Express) Lavernder, although he has been banged up a few times he still score trys left right centre. he is currently working on not hogging the ball but could be the next Rob Tioa!

Rondolavender4

Frank Row (1)
why no talk about the smashing dashing centre Killarney (Lavender Express) Lavernder, although he has been banged up a few times he still score trys left right centre. he is currently working on not hogging the ball but could be the next Rob Tioa!
some say he might just move to Tight head prop to replace the big boy Jonah at tight head at TSS

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Who is this? Which School? Position? Would love to hear more about this player.

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hello Forum Members,
Have been conducting some research into the upcoming "battle of the colours" and have come across a predicted 1st XV starting lineup for Terrace against the old foe Nudgee College. Now i see they have made some changes to the spine, otherwise the team looks pretty familiar. I wouldn't rule out the new flyhalf as he is believed to have a kicking game that challenges young gun Finn Mackay. Hopefully more news to come out of Terrace and Nudgee camps in the days to come. Keen for a good round 4 and lets hope for a clean game of footy. (Nudgee old boy 1986)
Cheers,
OmmitRugby
View attachment 20112
Very different team to the one we have been seeing, are you sure this is correct?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hello Forum Members,
Have been conducting some research into the upcoming "battle of the colours" and have come across a predicted 1st XV starting lineup for Terrace against the old foe Nudgee College. Now i see they have made some changes to the spine, otherwise the team looks pretty familiar. I wouldn't rule out the new flyhalf as he is believed to have a kicking game that challenges young gun Finn Mackay. Hopefully more news to come out of Terrace and Nudgee camps in the days to come. Keen for a good round 4 and lets hope for a clean game of footy. (Nudgee old boy 1986)
Cheers,
OmmitRugby
View attachment 20112
I Believe this could be some sort of troll post, but I'm not sure. Where is the likes of Russell, McGahan (J&S), Clifford, Hales. These are the Terrace players I have seen on the TOTW lists and none appear here. Apologies if I am incorrect but please explain @OmmitRugby
Regards,
TheRugbyCyclist

loadsofflankers_3000

Frank Nicholson (4)
I Believe this could be some sort of troll post, but I'm not sure. Where is the likes of Russell, McGahan (J&S), Clifford, Hales. These are the Terrace players I have seen on the TOTW lists and none appear here. Apologies if I am incorrect but please explain @OmmitRugby
Regards,
TheRugbyCyclist
I will have to agree with @TheRugbyCyclist here, as I said before it looks very different. No hard feelings @OmmitRugby but please enlighten us!

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello Forum Members,
Cheers,
OmmitRugby
View attachment 20112
Very very happy to see my man Rohan Clancy getting a run around up with the big dogs this week, any word on Austin Ross as Im sure I saw him in some of the firsts trials but am yet to see him don the storied GT 1st XV jersey. Upset to not see Rohans brother in arms, Joey Grice not getting a run around this week, is there any word out of the GT camp on this up and comer? Will the bench be 16 A's or some of the GT 3rds players?

Status
Not open for further replies.