• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outsider

Peter Burge (5)
Hey outsider, great to have your opinion here. I am enthralled to see why you say that about GT. Because the stats are completely damning saying GT have barely beaten them in 30 years maybe once or twice?
Terrace go into every game against Nudgee as f their life de[ends on it. They give it their all and the know the stats but they play with heart and live for the upsets like in 2004, 2015 and 2016 (well it should have been). I love the passion and the hope - bit the the Wallabies against the AB's.

Dcarter

Banned
Terrace go into every game against Nudgee as f their life de[ends on it. They give it their all and the know the stats but they play with heart and live for the upsets like in 2004, 2015 and 2016 (well it should have been). I love the passion and the hope - bit the the Wallabies against the AB's.
Cheers outsider. Unfortunately for the wallabies, That is not reciprocated. With the demise of rugby in Australia the all blacks in last 10 years have openly admitted that SA are their most coveted scalp for them.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Real question here:
with the AUS V SA game being played at suncorp in the arvo, and the Hostplus cup fixtures as per usual. Which of (GT V NC), (SA V AUS), or a prem grade club footy fixture would you most like to watch?
The premier grade club rugby games have all been rearranged to accommodate the test match. The atmosphere at GT vs NC will be electric

ILRU

Frank Row (1)
Don't think Roman needs to pray will be a easy win for BSHS
Roman praying that many more will convert to Rugby, that rugby be even greater than what it was previously because so many gifted rugby players leave for either RL or to play overseas. I am praying that Roman stays with rugby because we need him, but if he chooses basketball good for him, rugby can't complete with the money that basketball is paying an 18-year-old, so go get paid for the talent and elite athlete you are, then come back to rugby.
I can't believe ive been given the blessing of bus driver for the IGS boys this round heading down to defeat BSHS.
Better start praying Roman!
Preach.
Then Roman's prayer will be for the driver of the bus to get the IGS boys safely to Fursden and safely back to IGS and that we all have a blessed day of awesome rugby.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
I think the Wallaby players, coaches and staff should attend occasions such as the Nudgee Terrace rugby day, perhaps also some home games on Ross or at Churchie or BBC to understand from the bottom up what rugby culture looks like. The Springboks for me have the best and deepest rugby culture followed by Wales and New Zealand, England and countries like Fiji, Argentina, Ireland. We used to have strong culture also peaking when Michael Lynagh and Campo etc were playing. Now it feels very AFLish, vacuous, corporate and shallow. The GPS competition is superb and they could learn a lot from it culturally. Those international teams I mentioned seem to be playing for a higher purpose, particularly the Springboks, and I see something similar, for example, when the Terrace boys walk out against Nudgee, or when Nudgee bows down and prays in front of the admiring grand stand before they run out, or when BBC come down the hill behind the bag pipes. There are so many poor decisions that get made by various rugby organisations in Australia and the one that is really annoying me atm is when I watch any games on the GPS Sport live feed and they only start the coverage after both teams have taken the field. They don’t show any of the build up. Don’t they know anything about GPS rugby and its rituals etc.? Gosh, bad decision after bad decision incl a referee shutting down a superb rugby contest by blowing his whistle whenever an attacking team is on the line of its opposition. Come on Rugby Australia smarten up for god’s sake.

The premier grade club rugby games have all been rearranged to accommodate the test match. The atmosphere at GT vs NC will be electric
I did not know this cheers mate. That's great news. Now i can support my ex school (boys in the red and black), as well as go down to the Kennel at Toowong and watch my beloved Wests Bulldogs. AND, why not stream the AUS v SA game on stan, (the home of footy) whilst im at it. WHAT A DAY OF FOOTY WE HAVE COMING ON THE 10TH OF AUGUST

Status
Not open for further replies.