• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Roy M'goy

Bob McCowan (2)
Quick question who do we think will win the center battle in IGS vs BBC, IGS warriors of Finn Kendall and James Grey or BBC's star's of Frank Howarth and Andreas Ayache
Although Finn and James have quite the names for themselves, Andreas has the determination of Tiger hunting prey. He was in the 16B's last year, and to make it to this stage it sure must take some serious skill. I think he is fit for the matchup. And having Frank Howarth on his inside is almost like having Payne Haas in the backline. Outstanding. Pure Muscle, speed, and grit.

GPS Canteen Manager

Frank Row (1)
Quick question who do we think will win the center battle in IGS vs BBC, IGS warriors of Finn Kendall and James Grey or BBC's star's of Frank Howarth and Andreas Ayache
BBC centers have the physicallity over IGS whereas it will be hard to contain there speed and if James grey gets any room to move he will use his rapid pace to his advantage. IGS centers will find it very hard to take down 6'3 Frank howarth

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
I feel as though BBC will be able to win the centre battle as the experience of Frank Howarth in the GPS comp and the experience of Andreas Ayache in the melbourne competition. I feel as though it is this experience that will give the college the upper hand.

If you get a chance, you must watch the 14A's for Nudgee. Played only one half against TSS last week and ran through them with 8 tries. They have the brother of Rob 'Razor' Toia in the form of Mana Toia. They have the brother of Ex-First15 player, Will Heaton. They have the biggest fullback for u14 I have ever seen, who would be edging on 7ft in the form of Tane Crampton. Despite my exaggeration of these guys, honestly, they play a great brand of footy, and would encourage you all to have a gheez if you cna.

RuckTickler45

Frank Row (1)
@rugby.jacko It will certainly be interesting to see how Churchie shape up against Nudgee this week. Key player and fullback Treyvon Pritchard making a return for the blue and grey will certainly assist in bolstering their chances. Furthermore, Nudgee is going without dangerous fly half Charlie O'connell (blue card) as well as inside centre Carter Welfare. Keen to see how replacement 10 Archie Mesritz fairs. However, if last weekends demolition against TSS is anything to go off, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 45 point deficit going Nudgee's way.

rugby.jacko

Frank Row (1)
@rugby.jacko It will certainly be interesting to see how Churchie shape up against Nudgee this week. Key player and fullback Treyvon Pritchard making a return for the blue and grey will certainly assist in bolstering their chances. Furthermore, Nudgee is going without dangerous fly half Charlie O'connell (blue card) as well as inside centre Carter Welfare. Keen to see how replacement 10 Archie Mesritz fairs. However, if last weekends demolition against TSS is anything to go off, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 45 point deficit going Nudgee's way.
Is Archie Mesritz under 16s or opens, either way I'm excited to see him play hopefully he can fill the role of Charlie O'connell! Seems like Churchie Vs Nudgee might be the game to watch this weekend...

Cheesyqdingle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is Archie Mesritz under 16s or opens, either way I'm excited to see him play hopefully he can fill the role of Charlie O'connell! Seems like Churchie Vs Nudgee might be the game to watch this weekend...
I think games between IGS v BBC and TSS v TGS will be more off a closer outcome and worth the watch. Archie is Opens aswell played seconds last week

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Herbert Moran (7)
Good to hear from some familiar forum patrons

My predictions for tomorrow's games:

TGS V TSS - After a big loss last week, TSS will be primed for a big performance on old boys day in front of a rowdy home crowd at Southport. However, TGS after 2 straight losses will be even more hungry. I see this game being an absolute grind with some late tries for both squads. TGS for me are the harder working team, with the likes of Joey Gray and Tom Bailey in the backrow. I think TGS get the win here in a very entertaining battle
TGS 24 - TSS 17/MOTM: Tom Bailey (TGS)

BBC V IGS
- At Brassal this game will be a good one. A great centres battle with Finn Kendall and James Grey facing up against Frank Howarth and newly imported Andres Ayache. I personally think IGS will give BBC a great run for their money, however after a loss last weekend i would be very surprised to see a 2nd competition front runner open their campaigns with 2 straight losses (TGS already begun 0-2).
BBC 26 - IGS 14/MOTM: Gray O'neill (BBC)

GT V BGS
- Gregory Terrace have a bit of momentum heading into tomorrow's battle against BGS up at Northgate, after taking down ACGS in a surprise victory at home in round 2. BGS have had a while to prepare for this matchup, but the late injury to young gun inside centre Harper Enasio leaves a big whole for BGS to fill. Max Romer is back from injury this week which adds another layer of depth to the backline. But nonetheless a big loss for this inexperienced BGS team. I see Saia Poese exploiting this throughout the game well. Even without Oliver Nasser, GT should get the win. Conditions will be challenging with 14km/h winds at kickoff time, which will allow BGS to play their style of footy, similar to that of England's international team. A grind is what this Grammar squad wants, full of kicking and errors to stem the momentum of Terrace's spark out wide. I still see Terrace winning this game in a closer result than most would expect.
GT 26 - BGS 18/MOTM: Charlie Hollyman (GT)

NC V ACGS
- Nudgee are without key playmaker Charlie O'connell which will without a doubt impact their cohesiveness as a unit. Alongside 'Chuck' on the sidelines will be Carter Welfare who scored an impressive double whilst assisting on a length of the field special late in the game last weekend. Nudgee's reshuffled backline will rely on 2 year players such as Sam Watson, Nick Conway and Jacob Johnson. Big news for Churchie is that Treyvon Pritchard is back. This completely changes the game for Churchie. Call me crazy, but i see an absolute masterclass from the likes of Blanch, Austin and Pritchard in front of a packed home ground down at East Brisbane. I reckon each of them scores a try of their own, and this will ultimately get ACGS over the hump against a heavily injured NC team.
ACGS 34 - NC 28/MOTM: Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

Cheers lads

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good to hear we are back boys

Here are my predictions

BBC Vs IGS- I've got this to be a great game maybe game of the round but I believe that BBC will come out on top with a tough win, even though they are battling through a couple of injuries.

ACGS Vs NC- I've got Nudgee winning this pretty easily even with Charlie O'Connell being injured I just believe they are too strong.

BGS Vs GT- I think GT should win quite easy as well think they look good after a strong week against ACGS, even though Oliver Nasser is out think they should be fine.

TSS Vs TGS- I think TSS on old boys should win this with TGS not at their best starting the season 0-2 and I think TSS will bounce back after their massive loss last week

50/23

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good to hear we are back boys

Here are my predictions

BBC Vs IGS- I've got this to be a great game maybe game of the round but I believe that BBC will come out on top with a tough win, even though they are battling through a couple of injuries.

ACGS Vs NC- I've got Nudgee winning this pretty easily even with Charlie O'Connell being injured I just believe they are too strong.

BGS Vs GT- I think GT should win quite easy as well think they look good after a strong week against ACGS, even though Oliver Nasser is out think they should be fine.

TSS Vs TGS- I think TSS on old boys should win this with TGS not at their best starting the season 0-2 and I think TSS will bounce back after their massive loss last week
Correct mate, BBC have made a few changes through backs and forwards this week regarding the game against IGS, Nate Barnett (out) Toby kennedy (In) Andreas Ayache to the centers which means Tai Taka goes to outside center after a sweet try against BSHS loosing the game 19-12. DJ Colavalu also comes in on the wing who we saw last year and in trial games have a huge impact to this team considering its his last year to prove why he should in this team. Regardging the forwards i think we might see cooper eagle come in for his debut after making it back from injury aswell as Tavita Loughland who played many of the trial games this year but couldnt crack the team ahead of the BSHS game. This could be his chance and will be looking to make an impact.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
My Apologies, Andreas Ayache will be moved to fullback ahead of tommorow gifting Tai the spot at outside center.
Sorry for being inactive guys only just found out the forum is back up and I open the forum up to see this as the first news back and wowie is it big news. Now I have been high on this Tai taka kid for a long time now ever since under 14 when he played with my younger brother and it was there i realised how special he is and i would just like to say that him getting an opportunity to start in the centres his natural position I am really interested to see how well he will play as he has been up there with the best winger in the comp to start the season off so it will be interesting to see how well he will go and how the BBC team will bounce back. Glad to be back on the forum with you all, safe travels.

Kind regards, GPS Lover

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Unlocking this for the posters who are interested in the games on the weekend. There will be zero tolerance from now on.
Thank you on behalf of all of the other passionate forumers here and would like to say thank you for opening up the forum you know with so much big news at the moment I have be trying to talk to anyone as who will listen as there has been no forum and my boss has been wanting to kill me so finally good to have somewhere to talk footy with others who share that passion for footy with me again.