• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
X-factor overload in this matchup :D Might have to drive the family up for some Saturday footy if that's the game to watch this round.

Courier Mail states in their round 3 report "Grey is Electric with a capital E."
Yes I indeed will be making the drive to Ippy to watch as my younger brother has a game and i am so keen to see how my beloved college bounces back after their controversial loss to a powerhouse BSHS.

rugby.jacko

Frank Row (1)
Good to hear from some familiar forum patrons

My predictions for tomorrow's games:

TGS V TSS - After a big loss last week, TSS will be primed for a big performance on old boys day in front of a rowdy home crowd at Southport. However, TGS after 2 straight losses will be even more hungry. I see this game being an absolute grind with some late tries for both squads. TGS for me are the harder working team, with the likes of Joey Gray and Tom Bailey in the backrow. I think TGS get the win here in a very entertaining battle
TGS 24 - TSS 17/MOTM: Tom Bailey (TGS)

BBC V IGS
- At Brassal this game will be a good one. A great centres battle with Finn Kendall and James Grey facing up against Frank Howarth and newly imported Andres Ayache. I personally think IGS will give BBC a great run for their money, however after a loss last weekend i would be very surprised to see a 2nd competition front runner open their campaigns with 2 straight losses (TGS already begun 0-2).
BBC 26 - IGS 14/MOTM: Gray O'neill (BBC)

GT V BGS
- Gregory Terrace have a bit of momentum heading into tomorrow's battle against BGS up at Northgate, after taking down ACGS in a surprise victory at home in round 2. BGS have had a while to prepare for this matchup, but the late injury to young gun inside centre Harper Enasio leaves a big whole for BGS to fill. Max Romer is back from injury this week which adds another layer of depth to the backline. But nonetheless a big loss for this inexperienced BGS team. I see Saia Poese exploiting this throughout the game well. Even without Oliver Nasser, GT should get the win. Conditions will be challenging with 14km/h winds at kickoff time, which will allow BGS to play their style of footy, similar to that of England's international team. A grind is what this Grammar squad wants, full of kicking and errors to stem the momentum of Terrace's spark out wide. I still see Terrace winning this game in a closer result than most would expect.
GT 26 - BGS 18/MOTM: Charlie Hollyman (GT)

NC V ACGS
- Nudgee are without key playmaker Charlie O'connell which will without a doubt impact their cohesiveness as a unit. Alongside 'Chuck' on the sidelines will be Carter Welfare who scored an impressive double whilst assisting on a length of the field special late in the game last weekend. Nudgee's reshuffled backline will rely on 2 year players such as Sam Watson, Nick Conway and Jacob Johnson. Big news for Churchie is that Treyvon Pritchard is back. This completely changes the game for Churchie. Call me crazy, but i see an absolute masterclass from the likes of Blanch, Austin and Pritchard in front of a packed home ground down at East Brisbane. I reckon each of them scores a try of their own, and this will ultimately get ACGS over the hump against a heavily injured NC team.
ACGS 34 - NC 28/MOTM: Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

Cheers lads
I like these predictions I believe TGS will come out firing, they are arguably the fittest team in the GPS and could cause some serious damage to the less fit TSS side. Although IGS have come out strong with a win against TGS I think BBC will get the best of them in the end game, even with these injuries. BGS Vs GT will be a lot closer than everyone is thinking, the loss of Nasser will prove to be extremely difficult for the boys of GT. BGS also having the return of key back Max Romer. Have to agree with final score margin though. And lastly ACGS vs NC. I'm just curious as to how the hell you have Churchie beating NC. Nudgee have been lethal to every team they've faced so far. Their forwards are extremely aggressive, and I believe they will dominate the set piece and overall battle.
But otherwise these predictions look spot on.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to hear from some familiar forum patrons

My predictions for tomorrow's games:

TGS V TSS - After a big loss last week, TSS will be primed for a big performance on old boys day in front of a rowdy home crowd at Southport. However, TGS after 2 straight losses will be even more hungry. I see this game being an absolute grind with some late tries for both squads. TGS for me are the harder working team, with the likes of Joey Gray and Tom Bailey in the backrow. I think TGS get the win here in a very entertaining battle
TGS 24 - TSS 17/MOTM: Tom Bailey (TGS)

BBC V IGS
- At Brassal this game will be a good one. A great centres battle with Finn Kendall and James Grey facing up against Frank Howarth and newly imported Andres Ayache. I personally think IGS will give BBC a great run for their money, however after a loss last weekend i would be very surprised to see a 2nd competition front runner open their campaigns with 2 straight losses (TGS already begun 0-2).
BBC 26 - IGS 14/MOTM: Gray O'neill (BBC)

GT V BGS
- Gregory Terrace have a bit of momentum heading into tomorrow's battle against BGS up at Northgate, after taking down ACGS in a surprise victory at home in round 2. BGS have had a while to prepare for this matchup, but the late injury to young gun inside centre Harper Enasio leaves a big whole for BGS to fill. Max Romer is back from injury this week which adds another layer of depth to the backline. But nonetheless a big loss for this inexperienced BGS team. I see Saia Poese exploiting this throughout the game well. Even without Oliver Nasser, GT should get the win. Conditions will be challenging with 14km/h winds at kickoff time, which will allow BGS to play their style of footy, similar to that of England's international team. A grind is what this Grammar squad wants, full of kicking and errors to stem the momentum of Terrace's spark out wide. I still see Terrace winning this game in a closer result than most would expect.
GT 26 - BGS 18/MOTM: Charlie Hollyman (GT)

NC V ACGS
- Nudgee are without key playmaker Charlie O'connell which will without a doubt impact their cohesiveness as a unit. Alongside 'Chuck' on the sidelines will be Carter Welfare who scored an impressive double whilst assisting on a length of the field special late in the game last weekend. Nudgee's reshuffled backline will rely on 2 year players such as Sam Watson, Nick Conway and Jacob Johnson. Big news for Churchie is that Treyvon Pritchard is back. This completely changes the game for Churchie. Call me crazy, but i see an absolute masterclass from the likes of Blanch, Austin and Pritchard in front of a packed home ground down at East Brisbane. I reckon each of them scores a try of their own, and this will ultimately get ACGS over the hump against a heavily injured NC team.
ACGS 34 - NC 28/MOTM: Treyvon Pritchard (ACGS)

Cheers lads

For what it’s worth …. these are my tips for Round 3 (the first mentioned team is at home).

IGS vs BBC
This will be a tight game and I expect IGS to really challenge BBC and push them all the way. However, I think BBC will just get up by less than 7 points.
MOTM - BBC No. 10 - Tony Kennedy to be the match winner

TSS vs TGS
I can see TSS bounce back in a big way from the poor performance against Nudgee last weekend and I’m tipping them to continue TGS’s misery with a 0 - 3 start to the season!
MOTM - TSS No. 8 - Agapetos Lote-Felo

ACGS vs NC (Match of the round)
I’d have to agree with WHACKO J and tip Churchie in an upset, similar to the last time Nudgee visited Main Oval 2 years ago. Churchie to pressure & test out debutant 10 Archie Mesritz and new 12 Max Rohan in defence. The battle of the hookers should be a highlight too but I’m tipping Churchie by 7 or less in a great game!
MOTM - ACGS No. 10 - Fletcher Austin

BGS vs GT
I’m tipping a dour struggle at Northgate and if there was a game that could end up in a draw and with all due respect, this is the game. However, I think GT’s grinding win over ACGS last week and with Grammar having the bye, I think GT will continue there winning momentum and get up.
MOTM - GT No. 13 - Siosaia Poese

DISCLAIMER:
** Please note, these predictions are solely based on my opinions only and only from what I’ve seen during pre-season games as well as the available footage of the live screen matches todate!!! **