• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAussieSocrates

Frank Row (1)
For what it’s worth …. these are my tips for Round 3 (the first mentioned team is at home).

IGS vs BBC
This will be a tight game and I expect IGS to really challenge BBC and push them all the way. However, I think BBC will just get up by less than 7 points.
MOTM - BBC No. 10 - Tony Kennedy to be the match winner

TSS vs TGS
I can see TSS bounce back in a big way from the poor performance against Nudgee last weekend and I’m tipping them to continue TGS’s misery with a 0 - 3 start to the season!
MOTM - TSS No. 8 - Agapetos Lote-Felo

ACGS vs NC (Match of the round)
I’d have to agree with WHACKO J and tip Churchie in an upset, similar to the last time Nudgee visited Main Oval 2 years ago. Churchie to pressure & test out debutant 10 Archie Mesritz and new 12 Max Rohan in defence. The battle of the hookers should be a highlight too but I’m tipping Churchie by 7 or less in a great game!
MOTM - ACGS No. 10 - Fletcher Austin

BGS vs GT
I’m tipping a dour struggle at Northgate and if there was a game that could end up in a draw and with all due respect, this is the game. However, I think GT’s grinding win over ACGS last week and with Grammar having the bye, I think GT will continue there winning momentum and get up.
MOTM - GT No. 13 - Siosaia Poese

DISCLAIMER:
** Please note, these predictions are solely based on my opinions only and only from what I’ve seen during pre-season games as well as the available footage of the live screen matches todate!!! **
Good prediction about IGS vs BBC game, BBC were lucky to win.

Themaulmarauder

Bob McCowan (2)
Good prediction about IGS vs BBC game, BBC were lucky to win.
Good prediction alright, although I wouldn't say that BBC were lucky to win. They proved they were the better team dominating the set piece and collision battle all game through their forwards pack, in which one of moments such as the Ipswich intercept try and BBC winger dropping the ball over the line, The score line reflected a contested game, but showed BBC were the better team. However, BBC felt the difference missing their preferred no 10. Charlie bird to injury with their replacement 10 Toby Kennedy lacking awareness and experience in attack, and struggled to get his team out of their own half at times. Overall It's safe to say that Toby Kennedy for MOTM wasn't the best prediction

Dcarter

Banned
My understanding is they are all independent QRU qualified and appointed refs- certainly at top levels. Why would the QRU have an agenda to penalise Nudgee out of the game and beat up on school kids . You talk nonsense.” It’s couldn’t be us, it must be the refs” #eyeroll.

The coaches this week at training need to get back to looking at less on line speed and more on staying behind the line, and more on tackle technique to keep the high hits out of the game and less on trying to pull off the “hit of the century “, more on releasing the ball after the tackle and entering the breakdown via the gate- just what I saw. It maybe more interpreted that the overall rugby program needs to have a week of resetting their focus on discipline and stop blaming refs but Who am I to tell them what to do.

Perhaps the vulnerability, and decline of the program is showing a little more with these conspiracy theories you have. ” it can’t be us, it was the ref- PLEASE! Sounds like excuses to me.

Takeaways this week- A week of refocus on the approach to rules of the game, and continue to playing Rugby in good spirit including accepting the ref’s decision and give the competition a little more respect for competing. Then the rugby program becomes a little bit stronger.
I am trying to understand your comment pertaining to “perhaps the vulnerability, and decline of the program is showing a little more with these conspiracy theories”.

what makes you say that? Is that based on the first round against IGS where Nudgee won every single game (at Ipswich) or maybe its round 2 where they won every single game against TSS.. Oh no I have got it, it’s the winning only 26 from 31 matches against Churchie at Churchie. Yes that’s it! The program is on the decline. NFI

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
I am trying to understand your comment pertaining to “perhaps the vulnerability, and decline of the program is showing a little more with these conspiracy theories”.

what makes you say that? Is that based on the first round against IGS where Nudgee won every single game (at Ipswich) or maybe its round 2 where they won every single game against TSS.. Oh no I have got it, it’s the winning only 26 from 31 matches against Churchie at Churchie. Yes that’s it! The program is on the decline. NFI
Don’t bother trying your response says it all

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree ACGS v NC was a good game.

Overall NCs discipline was atrocious, offside all the time out wide, there were lots of occasions where it was missed. Having said that if it wasn't for the intercept try then they are easy winners.

On the other hand Churchie showed more fight than they have this year to date. Key goal kicking misses and poor game management decisions cost them the game. Two costly uncontested mid field open side bombs into the wind, yielding easy turnovers for NC on half-way. At 12 all they had NC on the rack and chose 3pts - they lacked confidence to kick it to the corner and work a set piece. NC on the other hand when down 12-15 with an easy penalty but went for the corner - line out set piece ... try.

ACGS were valiant but need to start playing smarter, better tactical kicking and converting goal line pressure - it's cost them 2 weeks in a row. The irony is that NC badly missed their preferred 10.
Very fair assessment and lines up with what I saw. Nudgee were deserved winners but who doesn’t like a close game?

Interception trys do count still and adds to the ill discipline . Why throw the pass? More for the coaches to look at next week.

I agree , Churchie showed more fight than previous games, but also showed they can compete at the top level. I totally agree that a kick for the corner to back themselves instead of a kick for goal made more sense and a more aggressive approach may have put Nudgee under even more pressure. ACGS were obviously trying to take any points on offer as a mark of respect for who they were playing but it backfired. Nudgee may not have reciprocated that respect thinking they could score at will like the TSS game ( but they couldn’t )hence the close score line.

I will also pick up the point that Nudgees set piece and go to “line out” to driving maul , failed time and time again and the final try in the corner was not pretty but got them home. The Churchie pack was out muscled and jumped but their counter defence strategy and determination in the tackles to neutralise these Nudgee weapons was outstanding and a new experience to Nudgee. Nudgee was completely outplayed in this area and their frustrations showed. They couldn’t break down the defensive line with their set piece. Wtf? Churchie therefore won the forwards battle with their loose forwards beating Nc to the breakdown time and time again.

I cant help but think , Nudgee were lucky to get away with this one, but Churchies attack was too timid. Churchie could have easily have stolen it in the final minutes with some razzle dazzle try but they didn’t and the result stands with a W for Nudgee.

Still The fact is Nudgee couldn't ice Churchie like they did to TSS , and that will have them thinking as to what it all means. This game will have them psychologically confused about their abilities to handle a team like BSHS.

On the other hand BSHS BBC and the others will be rolling the replays tomorrow on this game, grateful to have been given insight into the” keys to victory “. It will be up to Nudgee to check the locks to ensure they dont get in, and steal the premiership silverware.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Good prediction alright, although I wouldn't say that BBC were lucky to win. They proved they were the better team dominating the set piece and collision battle all game through their forwards pack, in which one of moments such as the Ipswich intercept try and BBC winger dropping the ball over the line, The score line reflected a contested game, but showed BBC were the better team. However, BBC felt the difference missing their preferred no 10. Charlie bird to injury with their replacement 10 Toby Kennedy lacking awareness and experience in attack, and struggled to get his team out of their own half at times. Overall It's safe to say that Toby Kennedy for MOTM wasn't the best prediction
I have to agree there you cannot say that BBC got lucky as it was evident that they were the better team in the forward pack especially when it came to ball running as the BBC forwards were dominant with ball in hand as well as on defense the forwards were very strong with a very physically dominant game from Cooper Eagle who really set the tone for the BBC forwards which proved the difference for the game.

TheAussieSocrates

Frank Row (1)
I have to agree there you cannot say that BBC got lucky as it was evident that they were the better team in the forward pack especially when it came to ball running as the BBC forwards were dominant with ball in hand as well as on defense the forwards were very strong with a very physically dominant game from Cooper Eagle who really set the tone for the BBC forwards which proved the difference for the game.
and yet, BBC only won by Two points. My point was IGS got back and nearly got up. Agree BBC were dominant, no arguments there.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haven't got around to watching the nudgee churchie game I know it was a tight score, considering NC flogged TSS last week and GT beat Churchie what was the big change in churchie's performance or was it just no charlie O'connell?
Thoughts on this game

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Haven't got around to watching the nudgee churchie game I know it was a tight score, considering NC flogged TSS last week and GT beat Churchie what was the big change in churchie's performance or was it just no charlie O'connell?
Thoughts on this game
I am yet to watch the game yet as well but from what I have gathered from talk about the game it was that Churchie showed up on the day ready to put up a fight at home and Nudgee played far from their best footy so obviously with these factors it was bound to be a close game as churchie when on a good day are a pretty decent team in the competition.

backfencewarrior

Frank Row (1)
I was watching the NC v Churchie game on the weekend, the seemed to dominate possession however lacked the strike in there team to score at one point they were on Nudgees try line for 7 minutes unable to get over. disappointing for Churchie for what could of been a great upset.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey Fellas,

Been a while since ive posted but here are my round 4 predictions, love to hear your thoughts.

BSHS vs IGS: BSHS by 10

NC vs BGS: NC 20+

BBC vs TSS: TSS by 5

TGS vs ACGS: TGS by 10

GT bye
Cannot keep doubting the college they were backed to lose to IGS last weekend and came away with the win and now this weekend with wind up their sails after a win against a dark horse IGS nd will be coming into this round with more confidence than last week which will help them to re-cement themselves as a premier side in this competition.

Does anyone know if any schools First’s have played Downlands on the bye? Just curious to know how they are going.
Yes Grammar played DC in round 2 and they only just beat the boys from the bush. BBC beat them comprehensively up at the range. Unsure about State High. GT have the bye this week, and the inside word is that coach Adrian Thompson will be resting the entire starting 15 in order to recover fully and make sure there are no minor niggles come round 5 in the battle of the colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.