• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a post regarding (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)s. Which school has the best (not sure if this is the best word) (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)s on this forum?

Is Rupert ‘Real Hitta’ McGrath returning this week?
Good question @TheGPSBloke.

R. Mcgrath (GT) played Blindside Breakaway for terrace the brave verses TSS down at the shark tank in round one. He certainly played well and showed effort before sustaining what appeared to be a quad injury. This caused him to miss round two's clash against Churchie . But I wonder where he will slot in at because Wines and Illot made some noise on Saturday. However if Nasser is out could he be seen donning the prestigious GT number 8 jersey or will it be H. Sharpe (GT Seconds Number 8).

Good question @TheGPSBloke.

R. Mcgrath (GT) played Blindside Breakaway for terrace the brave verses TSS down at the shark tank in round one. He certainly played well and showed effort before sustaining what appeared to be a quad injury. This caused him to miss round two's clash against Churchie . But I wonder where he will slot in at because Wines and Illot made some noise on Saturday. However if Nasser is out could he be seen donning the prestigious GT number 8 jersey or will it be H. Sharpe (GT Seconds Number 8).
It is known that R. McGrath (GT), can play lock forward aswell as backrow. Is GT second rower J. Hogan (GT), injured?

Hey @gpsrugbynews I was just looking back at some older posts and saw this. Do you know where this kid is right now. As I did not see him play VS Churchie on Saturday for 1XV or the 2XV.
Hey mate I have the inside knowledge on this kid. He sustained a signifcant injury to his right ankle, he dislocated it playing in the State High trial match. However he has managed to aviod surgery and will potentially be back for the last 3 rounds.

LawsonCreightonFan

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey @gpsrugbynews I was just looking back at some older posts and saw this. Do you know where this kid is right now. As I did not see him play VS Churchie on Saturday for 1XV or the 2XV.
Coorey has sustained a significant stomach bug and looks to be out for the foreseeable future is what my sources tell me, word out of GT is the sickness got so bad it hospitalized the young bull. A few of the boys around Terrace jokingly or unjokingly say it has been caused by Xaviers love of a 'McSmart Meal', at least he brings the pack weight right up. Hope for a quick return to fitness for the young prodigy as I think GT will greatly appreciate his presence in and around the set pieces with a few big games to end the season.

It is known that R. McGrath (GT), can play lock forward aswell as backrow. Is GT second rower J. Hogan (GT), injured?
Yeah not sure, from the footage on the weekend and the body language Jack was giving, I suspect it was a shoulder or wrist. Signs are probably pointing more to shoulder as he was holding his arm a bit higher up. He came back out of the changroom a bit later in a sling and sat on the bench the rest of the game so likely nothing bad.

Daniel Koalins

Stan Wickham (3)
Coorey has sustained a significant stomach bug and looks to be out for the foreseeable future is what my sources tell me, word out of GT is the sickness got so bad it hospitalized the young bull. A few of the boys around Terrace jokingly or unjokingly say it has been caused by Xaviers love of a 'McSmart Meal', at least he brings the pack weight right up. Hope for a quick return to fitness for the young prodigy as I think GT will greatly appreciate his presence in and around the set pieces with a few big games to end the season.
Ye mate we don't need the pisstakes would appreciate the accurate information
As I mentioned before i think it was an ankle and he is looking at a round 9 return

Alright back to class, boys lets not take the piss here.

Daniel Koalins

Stan Wickham (3)
Terrace Prodigy Joseph Walsh who played for the 2nd XV this year, is only in grade 11 but is rumoured to have put on 20kg so far. A country boy at heart he will be strapping on the boots at Outside centre next year for the First XV. Size, speed and power and is said to be the next Frankie Goldsborough. Apparently there's a new New Zealand product who was injured this year for Terrace on the wing Kiyan Gunewardene. Is said to be the Terrace Schoolboy legend for 2024. Should be a great year of footy.:)
What Has happened to Joe walsh reports going around of a knee injury, when will the winger be back?

LawsonCreightonFan

Bob McCowan (2)
With all this talk about GT missing Nasser this weekend I think this weekend could really be the time Austin "Rossy" Ross comes to the forefront of this team. Although a shoulder injury saw him sidelined last week I think his showings in the 2nd XV over the trials and in week 1 vs TSS really put him in the running over H. Sharpe. Really look forward to seeing who the coaching staff go with this weekend.

THEHAMMERLOVER

Bob McCowan (2)
Dear all,

I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend and enjoyed the true spectacle that the GPS 1st XV Round 2 fixture encumbered. Many hard fought games were played on Saturday and I will touch on them briefly.

Firstly, Terrace proved haters wrong with an outstanding and gritty performance against ACGS. They had momentum from the get go and never looked to be on the back foot, with outstanding performances from both Nasser (8) who scored two beautiful A Zone tries, and Russell (11) who scored in the corner, after beating 4 defenders, to seal the game. Although the scoreline presented 27-19, Terrace easily could have put another 30 points on ACGS.

Over at Miskin, BSHS were dominant, 19-12, and truly outclassed the home team. Roman was again phenomenal and BBC was left batted and bruised as a result. Dealing blows in the front row, Lucas Bakker, back row, Carter Westerberg, and first-five, Charlie Bird, it truly poses the task for the coaching staff to create a team fit to play IGS after getting a confidence building win against TGS, up the range.

In the battle of the outer lands, IGS were just gutsy. Winning 36-17, IGS seem to be the real deal and will sure be a team worth keeping in mind. On th other hand, TGS were just alright. They were nothing special and now find themselves behind the eight ball, being 0-2. This still doesn't mean they are out of contention, however they have certainly made it harder for themselves.

Now finally, the apparent 'game of the round' Nudgee vs TSS was just awful. TSS were outplayed and seem to be far too ahead of themselves after the win against Terrace. Nudgee looked strong, however nothing special. Just traditional Nudgee rugby, dominant forwards and backs that can capitalise. It was certainly a game, but to be classed as the 'game of the round' was far from true.

Now we should talk about the actual game of the round. Churchie 16A vs Terrace 16A. In the recent clash against Churchie, Hamish 'the Hammer' Clifton of Terrace delivered a performance that was nothing short of legendary. As a hooker, Clifton showcased his exceptional prowess, leaving the opposing hooker—a red-headed player whose name seemed as elusive as his attempts to keep up with Clifton—utterly outmatched. Clifton's dominance in the scrums was akin to a seasoned blacksmith hammering out the flaws in his work, with each engagement reminding the crowd why he earned his formidable nickname. Clifton's performance was hard not to commend and will receive my best on ground remark. Despite Terrace's narrow loss by a single point, Clifton's display was a masterclass in hooker excellence, making the unnamed ginger opponent look more like a bewildered tourist than a rugby player.

I truly hope Clifton can back up this strong performance this coming week against BGS, in the King of the Hill special. I wish all teams the best of luck and hope all can prepare for another wonderful round of GPS rugby. Stay safe all. Thanks

Kind Regards,
TheHammerLover

Status
Not open for further replies.