• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ vs England Test 2 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
His technique was beautiful - gave himself at least 3 chances to drop it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Referee's ruining rugby games is usually done to blowing the whistle too much, this has been the complete opposite, Peyper has let way too much go. Forward passes being one to mention

However, I'm not taking anything away from New Zealand.

If you turn off for a second they will completely capitalise. If you want to beat NZ, you have to play the full 80 minutes, its as simple as that.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
1 point victory is fair I feel. England blew a lot of chances.

Good game.

No it isn't.
We blew them off the park in a 20 minute spell.
We are still 10-15 better. Kieran Read to come back and Kaino to 6 - sweet
England didn't know what hit them and cannot live with a fast-paced, well executed game.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nope it's not. It has to be a penalty offence or knock on.

The point of the 'any reason' is because the ref has seen a grounding and wants to know if the ball got there legally.

TMO did everything fine, totally Peyper's fault.

Yeah nah, Peyper gave him a 2nd chance to get it right by asking about the hand(s) under the ball, Georgie boy still managed to fuck it up. If that were a Sethfricken TMO, Mr Barry for example, people'd be lining up to crucify him & rightly so. GA was a shite ref/ TJ for years & has been an equally shite TMO for several more.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He would've been breaking protocol, didn't want to revisit that incident in Durban? 2011 SA/NZ with the Dagg forward pass.

Peyper should've never asked any reason if he didn't see a grounding.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Give me correct over protocol every day of the week & twice on Saturday. Besides which, JP made specific reference to the hand(s) under the ball issue, giving GA a perfect out if he wasn't 100% certain. But no, he still fucked it up. I'd call him a muppet but that'd be suggesting someone had their hand up his fundamental orifice which is just way too yucky for this fine website.

BTW, go the Wallabies, smash those French fuckers.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
He would've been breaking protocol, didn't want to revisit that incident in Durban? 2011 SA/NZ with the Dagg forward pass.

Peyper should've never asked any reason if he didn't see a grounding.

The croissant on the sideline said he thought he saw it grounded. What was the whole "it was the england players arm underneath it"? Does that make a difference if the ball doesn't touch the ground?

The whole 'no reason' thing is bollocks to begin with. Just look at it and make a decision. No grounding? A 5 metre scrum is consolation.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Give me correct over protocol every day of the week & twice on Saturday. Besides which, JP made specific reference to the hand(s) under the ball issue, giving GA a perfect out if he wasn't 100% certain. But no, he still fucked it up. I'd call him a muppet but that'd be suggesting someone had their hand up his fundamental orifice which is just way too yucky for this fine website.

BTW, go the Wallabies, smash those French fuckers.
If Peyper was confident from watching it that there was a hand under the ball, he could have disallowed it. It was a clusterfuck on all fronts, but remember the TMO has pretty strict protocols in which to operate (which I forgot earlier when I posted). I'm not really defending GA, but it was more a Peyper fuck-up on review, with solid support idiocy from GA!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
If Peyper was confident from watching it that there was a hand under the ball, he could have disallowed it. It was a clusterfuck on all fronts, but remember the TMO has pretty strict protocols in which to operate (which I forgot earlier when I posted). I'm not really defending GA, but it was more a Peyper fuck-up on review, with solid support idiocy from GA!!

My Final thought before moving on: by asking about the hand(s) under the ball was JP not indicating he had doubts about the grounding? I hate the whole "any reason why I can't award a try" thing too but still feel GA could've said "hand(s) under the ball prevented grounding therefore no try" & everyone excl the Poms but incl JP would've said "OK then, 5m scrum, attacking ball". Cluster fuck avoided, no?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The croissant on the sideline said he thought he saw it grounded. What was the whole "it was the england players arm underneath it"? Does that make a difference if the ball doesn't touch the ground?

The whole 'no reason' thing is bollocks to begin with. Just look at it and make a decision. No grounding? A 5 metre scrum is consolation.

No reason is good when used properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.