• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ vs England Test 2 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Really?

SA has more 4 times the number of senior registered male rugby players in SA to NZ. Four times !!!
England has almost 5 times.
Australia (and I didn't realize this) has double the number of players NZ does.

Number of players in a country is not correlated with results after a certain threshold.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
According to wiki NZ comprises 600+ Islands, but of the 1133 All Blacks to date roughly 95% were born on just 2, the unimaginatively-named North & South. In the early days a few came from the islands of Britain & Ireland, in more recent times there have been more from there (e.g. Jamie Salmon & John Gallagher) plus a few from Australia (more correctly a Continent than an island, but it is girt by sea so close enough IMO) such as Steve Devine, plus about 25 from the archipelagos to the north, sometimes referred to as The Islands, other times as Samoa (both the American & sovereign parts) Fiji & Tonga. Here endith the geography/ history lesson.

Man I get peeved when I read idiots making dumb statements like this.
Before you reveal your ignorance any further, have a read of this excellent article here:

Yeah, this can be pretty frustrating.

Some people are starting to make similar complaints about the Wallabies regarding our players with Pacific Islander heritage.

The claim that we've pillaged them from the Pacific Islands is ridiculous. Most of them were born in Auckland!

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
No, your right. they should have sat him down in the middle of the pitch, gone over what he'd done wrong, recommended a positive treatment program to help him with his problem & then assigned a review officer to ensure that his recovery from his terrible disease was complete and he would no longer be a danger to himself.

That'll deter the bastards for sure. Much more than a hard hit from behind by a security guard executing a tackle that would be considered legal in every rugby sporting code.

NOTE: How do I quote posts these days? Quite obvious who this is replying to though I think.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, this can be pretty frustrating.

Some people are starting to make similar complaints about the Wallabies regarding our players with Pacific Islander heritage.

The claim that we've pillaged them from the Pacific Islands is ridiculous. Most of them were born in Auckland!

When it is pointed out how wrong they are they will stay quiet for a while, but pop up with the same drivel at a later date. It is such a firmly held conviction I think some will never give up on it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No, your right. they should have sat him down in the middle of the pitch, gone over what he'd done wrong, recommended a positive treatment program to help him with his problem & then assigned a review officer to ensure that his recovery from his terrible disease was complete and he would no longer be a danger to himself.

That'll deter the bastards for sure. Much more than a hard hit from behind by a security guard executing a tackle that would be considered legal in every rugby sporting code.

NOTE: How do I quote posts these days? Quite obvious who this is replying to though I think.

That would be me.

Somewhere between your 1st & 2nd suggestions I.e. put him in hospital / give him counselling lies the appropriate response: get him off the field using the minimum force required to do so without putting anyone else, the security guard obviously included, in harms way. Pretty much what's required by law of any security guard, whether full- or in this case part-time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Um, No, he didn't have the ball.
100% illegal tackle.
Actually if you look closely,looked like he had 2, so was obviously a cheating bastard,and someone should of tried to ruck at least one of the balls clear!!
As I said earlier, stuff him,I sick of pricks trying to ruin my games with streaking (and bloody Mexican waves)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
When it is pointed out how wrong they are they will stay quiet for a while, but pop up with the same drivel at a later date. It is such a firmly held conviction I think some will never give up on it.

You are, sadly, correct. Thought I'd left this BS behind when I bailed on Planet Rugby in favour of GAGR, hoping this is isolated trolling & not a sign that GAGR is heading into the sewer that PR & to a lesser but still disturbing degree (at least where this non-issue is concerned) The Roar have become.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really?

SA has more 4 times the number of senior registered male rugby players in SA to NZ. Four times !!!
England has almost 5 times.
Australia (and I didn't realize this) has double the number of players NZ does.

Do you have the statistics about the number of Union players from these countries? Can you post that, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.