• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ vs England Test 2 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Perhaps the AB's should be playing NFL.
Firstly it was their clean out of passive defenders way ahead of the ruck.
Next came players loitering on the ruck fringes, creating holes for their inside ball runners.
Now we're seeing groups of players running ahead of the ball and using footwork and contact to shepherd trailing team mates.
Throw in the number of forward passes they threw and they're on track to soon join the NFL.
PS: They're good at it, but how long can this blatant BS continue?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Next came players loitering on the ruck fringes, creating holes for their inside ball runners.
Now we're seeing groups of players running ahead of the ball and using footwork and contact to shepherd trailing team mates.
Throw in the number of forward passes they threw and they're on track to soon join the NFL.

aus_cry_3008_zpsb62d7f8f.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Anyone know who the ref will be for the 3rd test? Not Garces I hope

I assume he will be. Not even the IRB would fly someone half way around the world to run up and down the side line with a flag. I'd imagine the team of 3 will have 1 whistle and 2 flags each.

M

Muttonbird

All teams do this and occasionally get pinged for it although not nearly enough in my opinion. It is borrowed from mungoball and I hate it. Wouldn't take much for the IRB to stamp it out if they wanted to.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seen worse let go but fair enough Mr Fun Policeman, I'll get my coat, see myself out & save my Kim Hughes & Reeky Stuart references for another day.
I wasn't too bothered by what you said, but I could only see one way it would go next, so I thought I might head it off.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
At the moment the All Blacks are so ominous that I just want their streak to end so that SA may contest the remarkable winning run you have had. Would love SA to end the streak, but am thinking mathematically here. Our chances are very slim of ever getting near our 17 game winning streak given the rugby landscape in SA.

Really?

SA has more 4 times the number of senior registered male rugby players in SA to NZ. Four times !!!
England has almost 5 times.
Australia (and I didn't realize this) has double the number of players NZ does.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Really?

SA has more 4 times the number of senior registered male rugby players in SA to NZ. Four times !!!
England has almost 5 times.
Australia (and I didn't realize this) has double the number of players NZ does.
I'd be careful believing any figures for participation put out by the ARU. They have been shown to be rubbery at best.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I'd be careful believing any figures for participation put out by the ARU. They have been shown to be rubbery at best.

Really? Why?
More so than other countries' figures?
You would admit Australia has significantly more senior male rugby players than NZ? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.