• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Only saw the last 25 min & hate watching replays so I'm unlikely to ever see anything but highlights of the rest. Clan looked impressive at times esp on D when Chiefs had multiple phases in their 22. Found it strange Clan didn't take the 3 with time up, PD could yet be a factor & I've always believed that you take every point on offer.

Family function tonight, recording Crusaders v Hurricanes & hoping to watch it before anyone blabs the result. My lot by 5, because we need to.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
<snip>
Family function tonight, recording Crusaders v Hurricanes & hoping to watch it before anyone blabs the result. My lot by 5, because we need to.
I've done some google research on you. Good old Google.:)

Wikipedia says that Waiopehu College is in Levin which is in HurricaneLand yet your profile proudly displays the Crusaders logo ( assume they are "my lot").

I had been given to believe that, when it comes to sport, there is as much love between the North and South Islands of NZ as there is between NSW and Banjoland.

You, Sir, may have single handedly put that myth to bed, or are you the exception that proves the rule?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Wikipedia says that Waiopehu College is in Levin which is in HurricaneLand yet your profile proudly displays the Crusaders logo ( assume they are "my lot").

I had been given to believe that, when it comes to sport, there is as much love between the North and South Islands of NZ as there is between NSW and Banjoland.

You, Sir, may have single handedly put that myth to bed, or are you the exception that proves the rule?

NZ Rugby supporters are bandwagon jumpers. They just support whoever they think will win. One of my kiwi workers has had 3 super teams while I've known him. I can't wait till the Wallabies are back on top and all their Avatars start changing to Wallaby ones ;)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
NZ Rugby supporters are bandwagon jumpers. They just support whoever they think will win. One of my kiwi workers has had 3 super teams while I've known him. I can't wait till the Wallabies are back on top and all their Avatars start changing to Wallaby ones ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_(Super_Rugby)

1b1954a7-fd6f-48bf-9834-23c771133d98_zps4611fc0e.jpg

M

Muttonbird

That's a little unfair, WA. I myself support no Super Rugby team, just the All Blacks. I'm nationalistic like that, for better or worse, and so will also barrack for any NZ Super Rugby team against foreign opposition. Fleewees are a different kettle of fish though. These are the type of "Kiwis" you have met and work with. They've made a conscious decision to leave their own country for personal gain so it's no wonder they flip-flop on Super Rugby allegiance.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some good pressure in attack by the Canes, good go forward & nice work through the hands, but we scrambled very well in defence while Todd was off.

Canes look more threatening thus far.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Born in Nelson (South Island), lived in Tauranga, Rotorua, New Plymouth (all North) before moving to Levin at 12 & going to Waiopehu. For some reason as a kid I never connected with Bay of Plenty or Taranaki but became a Canterbury fan, fav players included the mighty Fergie McCormick, Tane Norton & Grizz Wyllie. When S12 kicked off I tried really hard to be a 'canes fan built never felt comfortable doing so - then they played the Crusaders & I just couldn't go against Mehrtens, Marshall & co so gave my 'canes jumper to a mate & the Crusaders have been "my lot" ever since, win or lose.

You're right about the North/ South thing esp Auckland/ Christchurch (although to be fair even the rest of the North can't stand Auckland). Not sure if that makes me an exception to any rule, I'll let you be the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.