• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
ERRORAUCKBLUES_zpse966d337.png
lebow-1.gif
lebow-1.gif
lebow-1.gif
lebow-1.gif
lebow-1.gif
devo.gif
devo.gif
clockwork.gif

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
DomPost article quoted on stuff.co.nz:

"It is understood current Wellington Lions and New Zealand under-20s coach Chris Boyd and former Hawke's Bay and Highlanders assistant coach Peter Russell, who has returned from a stint with Newcastle, were both interviewed for the Hurricanes job last week.

The Hurricanes board is due to meet tomorrow with an announcement on Hammett's replacement expected next month."

My money's on Boyd HC with Russell as AC.
Well Waiopehu, see Boyd has got gig, with John Plumtree chucking in the Assistant coach with Ireland to come back and be his assis. be a huge pay cut for Plumtree, but he reckons it time to come home!!

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Kieran Read out of England test with continuing concussion problems.
A big boost for SA and Aussie if he is out long term

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Match day 23 named:

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Cory Jane, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (c), Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Victor Vito, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Malakai Fekitoa.

England don't appear to have named their's yet but yahoo have a story that "36" is out with an ankle injury & Kyle Eastmond will likely replace him.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Really like the look of this lineup. Glad that Perenara got the nod ahead of TKB, but would have liked to see Barrett start ahead of Cruden.

This sort of lineup may be good enough to grant GOAT's wish to "Send them home sour".

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Agree on Cruden not only due to the layoff, which I thought really showed v 'Tahs, but also 'cos Bogan's been in great form lately. I'd also have preferred they replace Savea with another big unit rather than Jane: sure, the Poms kicking game is gonna have to be very selective & super-accurate or that back 3 will carve them up but at the same time a big guy on one wing gives the attack more balance IMO & gives the D something else to think about.

Looking forward to seeing Tuipolotu & Feketoa get a run in the final 20ish.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Hey Dismal Pillock what's with this reneging on the Avatar deal? :cool:

Thoughts on Tuipulotu on bench? Was that expected?

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
England squad:

Brown,Yarde,Tuilagi, Eastmond,May, Burns, Care, Marler,Webber,Wilson,Launchbury, Parling,Haskell,Robshaw, Morgan

Bench:Gray, Thomas, Mullan, Attwood, Johnson, Youngs, Cipriani, Pennell

#carrythemhome #onastretcher

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Match day 23 named:

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Cory Jane, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (c), Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Victor Vito, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Malakai Fekitoa.

England don't appear to have named their's yet but yahoo have a story that "36" is out with an ankle injury & Kyle Eastmond will likely replace him.

No surprises there. Funny how it is easier to forecast the ABs team selections than the Wallabies.

England team doesn't look to be all that strong. ABs by a motza.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Hey Dismal Pillock what's with this reneging on the Avatar deal? :cool:
I resent this slight impugning my gentlemanly good name. The aforementioned wager was for a term of 1 calendar week, please redact this slur upon my gaylord chivalry or suffer the galling and potentially horrific consequences of me getting your silly little blue Canyonero avatar up on on the MSpaint blocks.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
All Blacks pretty much picked on form, except maybe Cruden, who probably plays more the pattern that Shag wants, so even he is could probably considered form, I actually think up to his injury he was best 10 around and you don't pick your team on one game!! Also Waiopehu, not quite sure why you think a big winger is really required, I think Jane and Smith will do alright with a bit of silky running.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
All Blacks pretty much picked on form, except maybe Cruden, who probably plays more the pattern that Shag wants, so even he is could probably considered form, I actually think up to his injury he was best 10 around and you don't pick your team on one game!! Also Waiopehu, not quite sure why you think a big winger is really required, I think Jane and Smith will do alright with a bit of silky running.

I'm sure they will, but having a bigger more powerful guy on one wing attracts defenders & potentially opens up holes on the inside or allows the FB (or on occasion #8) to run a loop; also allows for our 5/8 to work a move closer in putting our big guy 1-on-1 with a smaller guy; and who other than a Pom doesn't wanna see a re-enactment of Jonah v Catt?

Status
Not open for further replies.