• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Chiefs haven't been bad, Hurricanes have just scored a try every time they have gone into the oppo 22.

Could not have summed it up better than that.

How about Barrett? Just super with the boot. As a neutral for this game its great to watch but as a Wallaby fan I'd hate to see him at 10 for the AB's with that kind of accuracy. I don't see our goal kickers anywhere near as accurate.

Saveas hair has been set free. Along with the scoreline.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
It's a fundraising thing. Some spaces on the jerseys were on trademe to bid on if you wanted to guarrantee your kid's name on a jersey, others went on ballot.

Cool, great to see our game getting on board with good causes & hope they raised a shitload of cash, maybe make up for some of John & Bill's funding cuts.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Trevor Chappel reference sneaking in. Kiwis will never forgive that one.

Yeah well, when even Rod Marsh thinks it's a shit thing to do, it's a shit thing to do. And changing the rule mid-comp so we can't return the favour is a bit off too, eh. For the record, I don't recall anyone ever saying we'd have won if not for the underarm, just that it was, to coin a phrase, just not fucking cricket, old chap. And when even Rod Marsh says it's a shit thing to do etc etc.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Canes turning back the clock with some epic sweeping counters, reminiscent of the Cullen/Umaga/Lomu era

Although whyFT did Shields celebrate his try like he'd just clinched the poofball World Cup Final winner in the 91st minute? 37 or 42, who gives a fvck? Didnt they already have the BP anyway?

I could watch Barrett all day. An improvised kick pass, off the deck, with the wrong foot? Which idiot sanctioned giving BENJI the $$ over this kid? BUY BUY BUY. Fuck Wellington Beaudy, you can buy a house in Otara for the same price as one in that windswept dunghole.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bumbies cling to playoff spot over chiefs by one poxy point differential. Otherwise its NZ 3, 4, 5, 6.

wow the Cantabs and Highlanders put on an expo there, fantastic match, skill level through the roof, ball in hand virtually the whole time, and then the spoils decided at the death by a coat of paint. Can't help but compare that to the chinese bum torture of watching runaway comp leaders the Shawks and their highly thrilling multi-faceted (well, 2 facets) game plan which reads as follows:

* Kick ball away.

* Hope for worst.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bumbies cling to playoff spot over chiefs by one poxy point differential. Otherwise its NZ 3, 4, 5, 6.

wow the Cantabs and Highlanders put on an expo there, fantastic match, skill level through the roof, ball in hand virtually the whole time, and then the spoils decided at the death by a coat of paint. Can't help but compare that to the chinese bum torture of watching runaway comp leaders the Shawks and their highly thrilling multi-faceted (well, 2 facets) game plan which reads as follows:
Actually, the Brumbies have 8 wins to the Chiefs 6.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
This from Jamie Joseph on the TMO no-try call:

"I don't know, you make your mind up, boys - it was tough," Joseph said.

When asked if he thought it was a "50-50 decision" Joseph finally let his lips curl in an upward direction.

"I wasn't very good at maths unless it had dollar signs," he laughed. "I don't know . . . The wording I heard was that it hit the touch line and the goal line simultaneously. I didn't see it touch the line. I saw a goal line and I saw a flag."

Diplomatic, no?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Catching up in the replays off the IQ.

Clan v Cru. Game of the year so far. Crowd of the year. The roof probably helps the noise levels. Well done South Islanders.

Canes vs The Tribe. Wow. The Tribe doing a Waratahs.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Like you just caught game properly today HJ, (blues fest to attend), and I have to agree the Clan/Saders was a cracker, how good is Smith of the A variety, bloody fast pass, and even more important he puts them into the right place for players to hit holes etc, by geez Colin Slade playing pretty well to now he over all injuries.
Canes/Chiefs now I think after watching that I tend to think even without Carter, we may have a reasonable 10 or two amongst the ones I have seen, Cruden, Barrett, Slade, and even Spoaga, Parker and young Hickey look not too rubbish!!
Fekiatoa keeps giving impression he may not be to bad at 13 if required.
Noted to that Coles is playing bloody well at hooker in my opinion!!

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
How on earth Luke Whitelock gets into the ABs over Braid, Vito, Shields, Manu, Christie ... I'll never know
Well Vito is ahead of him at 8 for ABs, and don't apart from Manu the others don't really play 8, though I do tend to prefer Shields myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.