• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Poor decision not to cut inside by Osborne, would've easily waved off Dagg racing across. Or even stretch out a little further, would be heavily criticised in league for that scoring attempt.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What a final few minutes (well, the whole match really, but especially the last few mins) - unbelievable defence from the Crusaders, great pass from Smith, great tackle Dagg. Wow. Did Brumbies no favours with both teams leaping past them on table.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Best game I have seen this year! It had biffo, agro, niggle and was played like games of old. Only thing missing was proper rucking.

Dagg seems to have lifted his game, just as the international season beckons.
Highlanders still got 2 points out of it, so still in with a final top 6 place chance.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wow, how close was that call. Honestly wouldn't have whinged (much) had it gone t'other way. Bad luck Clan but I'm now liking your chances of snatching 6th off the Brumbies on BP's.

Only one game but is Fekitoa the answer to the question "WTF do we do when Conrad hangs 'em up?"

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Wow, how close was that call. Honestly wouldn't have whinged (much) had it gone t'other way. Bad luck Clan but I'm now liking your chances of snatching 6th off the Brumbies on BP's.

Only one game but is Fekitoa the answer to the question "WTF do we do when Conrad hangs 'em up?"

Yep.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)

Only one game? If he can make every single one of those tackles in which he rushes out of the line for, yes. An unpolished diamond perhaps.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Only one game? If he can make every single one of those tackles in which he rushes out of the line for, yes. An unpolished diamond perhaps.

Yeah, that's what AB training camps are for, knocking off the rough edges. Don't forget that Nonu used to be shite on D, forever getting beaten on his inside shoulder but holy shit Andre Taylor finishes off a Savea bust, 7-0 in Wellywood.

Anyone know what's with the names on the players shirt fronts? I'm guessing it's tied into the Plunket logo they're wearing but are these the names of real kids or just random names? Or maybe the players own kids/nieces & nephews etc?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Another long-range 'canes try, Franks finishing off out wide, Barrett may struggle to add the extras as it looks to be a tad windy. It's good if wobbly, 14-8 after 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.