• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How dumb is he? He just asked if the ref is allowed to check with the TMO for a 'carried back'.

You can check anything these days.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Not too much in it is there?
Thinking the Hurricanes 6 forward 2 back split may be used to batter the clan in the last fifteen.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Footy tips for this weekend are off to a poor start.

The Clan are the surprise package given their 2013 performances.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Barrett is off. Who else could they use other than Taylor?

Off now but was still out there for the miss & Taylor was 2/3 prior suggesting he was kicking in the 1st half? Never mind, game over & Clan sneak the win with 'canes picking up a losing BP.

EDIT: full-time stats have Taylor 1/3 but still must've been kicking prior to Barrett leaving. Only of interest in terms of Bogans fitness heading towards the June Tests.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm sure I'll enrage our Kiwi posters, but that was a pretty ordinary game of footy. Does the LHP for the Highlanders ever pack close to straight? He usually started at about 45 degrees then turned East. Peyper seemed not to have a clue. Some bloody odd advantage played, or not played at times.
I thought Perenara looked sharper than Smith at 9.
And @qwerty51, I completely agree - the "defending" 9 at scrums is getting away with blue murder at times, which hardly seems to be a fair result for a team winning a scrum.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought the Canes paid for 6-2 split, and not being able or wanting to replace Barrett earlier, hamstrung their backline I thought. Clan seemed to have trouble controlling ball at back of scrum. All in all not one of the flasher games of rugby, not sure why Cyclo would think he would enrage kiwi posters by saying so(or just trying to fish a bit Cyclo??) Don't think there can be much argument over result , and really feel that was Canes last chance gone, and only Chiefs and Saders to make finals from NZ (if they go ok from here in)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'd like a new rule introduced, the defending scrumhalf has to be behind his team's last feet (like a ruck) on a scrum. Scrums are had enough getting clean ball from without pestering scrumhalfs a metre away from you.
Na Gwerty, bloody halfbacks get too much protection normally anyway:p

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thought the Canes paid for 6-2 split, and not being able or wanting to replace Barrett earlier, hamstrung their backline I thought. Clan seemed to have trouble controlling ball at back of scrum. All in all not one of the flasher games of rugby, not sure why Cyclo would think he would enrage kiwi posters by saying so(or just trying to fish a bit Cyclo??) Don't think there can be much argument over result , and really feel that was Canes last chance gone, and only Chiefs and Saders to make finals from NZ (if they go ok from here in)
No, not fishing at all. There is a bit of a theme on another Rugby forum that says close Aussie games are dire, but close Kiwi ones are "tough contests" with myriad amazing skills nullifying each other! ;) It may well be true a lot of the time. I'm sure a few will be talking this one up!
I watch the Kiwi derbies with a relatively pure sense of enjoyment as the rugby is often just what I like - fast attack and counter, less, but better directed kicking, good defence, and strong breakdown contests. And I'm not invested in it. So this one was disappointing. It was just messy and never really scaled the heights I hoped.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Canes/Clan game on its own merits, with no comparisons elsewhere was just solid viewing for mine. Not great, not woeful.

Up against the Brumbies/Sharks game however I'd say I've just witnessed the greatest game of Rugby for all time ;) (would of liked a fishing emoticon but the wink will have to suffice).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Canes/Clan game on its own merits, with no comparisons elsewhere was just solid viewing for mine. Not great, not woeful.

Up against the Brumbies/Sharks game however I'd say I've just witnessed the greatest game of Rugby for all time ;) (would of liked a fishing emoticon but the wink will have to suffice).
He he. I had to remove all sharp objects for last week's game, this week I even used a sharp knife to cut the orange slices for my Negroni with no temptation!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I'm sure I'll enrage our Kiwi posters, but that was a pretty ordinary game of footy.

yeah, it didnt seem too engrossing for some reason, odd given that the ball seemed to be in play for such long phases and what was that stat, only 2 handlign errors in the 1st half?

wow, you'd have to say TJ Perenara outshone Aaron Smith.

Andre Taylor fluffing that penalty shot, oh dear. A potential season rooter.

Although there was a potentially season-rogering Ash Dixon Balls up at the death there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.