• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nope, 2 weeks reduced to 1. Saffers unhappy with the inconsistent (spin the wheel) punishments handed out by the judiciary.

Got off lightly IMO. Elbows are way more dangerous/damaging than shoulders.

Anyhoo, NZ teams now ranked 2, 4 ,6 & 7 although I still expect Clan & 'canes to (just) miss out: loser on Friday will be the first to drift away from the pack, unless they can engineer a 4-tries-each draw. Wouldn't that get the conspiracy nutters going.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sad story on so many levels:

Tim Bateman's decision to leave New Zealand has nothing to do with rugby and everything to do with family.

The Hurricanes second five-eighth has announced he will head to Japan at the end of the Super Rugby season to take up a two-year deal with the Coca Cola West Red Sparks.

Sadly, Bateman's second stint in the Fukuoka region, is because his wife Laura was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last year.

After a tough few months the couple have decided to take their family - they have two young daughters Shyla and Mylie - overseas in order to access the best possible medical treatment.

''To cut a long story short, my wife was diagnosed with MS last year and we had to make a decision based on the treatment that was not going to be available here in New Zealand for her,'' Bateman said after Hurricanes training today.

Here's hoping she gets the treatment she needs & it works.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sad reason to have to leave, but certainly makes who you play rugby for an insignificant decision doesn't it. Apparently he will be living about 10 minutes from Japans top MS man. Hope it goes good for her!!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks against Crusaders.

BigBadFush Picked the biggest pack possible. Steyn still at 10. I am now the official president of the "Jake White smokes his own socks" movement. Steyn at 10 is just awfuller than bloody awful.

They are not going to try and bash the Saders. With that packs it looks like they are going to try and eat them.

Alberts in the back row is better though.

Saders by 10, a stale burger and a half eaten Pizza.

Sharks – 15 SP Marais, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 S'bura Sithole, 12 Paul Jordaan, 11 Lwazi Mvovo ,10 Frans Steyn, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Willem Alberts, 7 Jean Deysel, 6 Tera Mtembu, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Etienne Oosthuizen, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, (c) 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Kyle Cooper, 17 Dale Chadwick, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Ryan Kankowski, 20 Keegan Daniel, 21 Charl McLeod, 22 Tim Swiel, 23 Heimar Williams.

Crusaders – 15 Tom Taylor, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Rey Lee-Lo, 12 Ryan Crotty (c), 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Colin Slade, 9 Willi Heinz, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Subs: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Tim Perry, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 George Whitelock, 21 Andy Ellis, 22 Tyler Bleyendaal, 23 Nafi Tuitavake.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I'd be more optimistic if Romano (broken ankle, fuck it), Read (concussion symptoms, still) & Dagg (niggly knee) were there: their replacements are OK but this is the Sharks so we're gonna miss Izzy's monster boot, Romano's mongrel & KR's all-round abilities big time. Still good enough to win esp at home but shit this is gonna be close. Good guys by 6ish.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd be more optimistic if Romano (broken ankle, fuck it), Read (concussion symptoms, still) & Dagg (niggly knee) were there: their replacements are OK but this is the Sharks so we're gonna miss Izzy's monster boot, Romano's mongrel & KR's all-round abilities big time. Still good enough to win esp at home but shit this is gonna be close. Good guys by 6ish.
Play some footy. The Sharks don't have a floppy disc for that.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Play some footy. The Sharks don't have a floppy disc for that.
Nah. That's too much work. Beat them in the kicking game and it's a cruise.

I have not seen a Crusaders pack getting bossed. Can't recall it happening anyway and they sure ain't starting to get the ball to the wing anytime soon.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Forecast for tonight is 13deg & cloudy with not much wind & 76% humidity so should be good conditions for running rugby. I won't get home until 6:45ish so will be watching on delay & have to remember not to jump on GAGR lest I find out the score before I've seen the game (hate that).

Hard one to pick but I'm leaning towards the 'canes, largely because they're at home & their attack has been looking pretty good of late. Mind you they'll still leak a few so maybe a lazy $5 on the draw at 1/2 or full time option wouldn't be a bad idea?

M

Muttonbird

I won't get home until 6:45ish so will be watching on delay.

Kick off is at 7:35. Plenty of time.

Crusaders overall record against the Sharks
Played 17 , Wins 14 , Losses 3, Draws 0

This is the head-to-head record. The Crusaders are playing well. The Sharks have already played all their rugby this season.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Sharks against Crusaders.
BigBadFush Picked the biggest pack possible. Steyn still at 10. I am now the official president of the "Jake White smokes his own socks" movement. Steyn at 10 is just awfuller than bloody awful.

On the face of it' you'd think he might be okay. Huge boot and is physical.
What is wrong with him exactly, no vision?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The good news is that Steyn can't play worse than he did last weekend.

... and if somehow he manages to, it will be something to behold.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The good news is that Steyn can't play worse than he did last weekend.

... and if somehow he manages to, it will be something to behold.

On the face of it' you'd think he might be okay. Huge boot and is physical.
What is wrong with him exactly, no vision?

Decision making.
Positioning.
Does not have much of a step.
Not a great pass.

All those things are far less evident when he plays 12 and 15.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Cheeky try by Perenara, knocks ball out of A. Smiths hand, retrieves and score. TJP quickly moving ahead of TKB as #2 scrumhalf option for ABs
Peyper having a very good game so far, imho.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Looked like Perenara touchs the ball last after he knocks it out of Smiths hands so thought it was going to be called knock on.
Looks like to be a cracker of a second half. Not overly confident that we will win this but should be entertaining.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd like a new rule introduced, the defending scrumhalf has to be behind his team's last feet (like a ruck) on a scrum. Scrums are had enough getting clean ball from without pestering scrumhalfs a metre away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.