• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Or "guess", according to Meg. I think he said guess.

ImageProxy.mvc

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kick from the sidelines required to win it for the Lions.

Either way they have done well to come back in the second half.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well the Clan have blown this game big time, and are extremely lucky to have snuck home with a 1 point victory.

Absolutely went to sleep in the second half.

M

Moono75

Talk about coming home with a wet sail. Lions unlucky. Elton needs to hit the gym and do some leg presses.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
OK I'm probably gonna put the kiss of death on games to come, but if the clan win with a bp, and the Crusadrers win, and the Force lose, that'll put 4 NZ teams in the top six.
Normal service is resumed.

Never mind games to come, nek minit Lions are in again, Jantges lining it up to win the game, no time left, and it's missed so Clan get away with it 23-22, Lions blowing up big time as the charge may have been a tad prem but WGAF.

Speights & oysters recipe:

You will need a big-arse insulated platter (or be South of the Waitaki) so your layer of ice doesn't melt; as many oysters as you can cram onto the platter, half-shelled; 3 x Speights & a pepper grinder. Drink the first Speights then drizzle half the 2nd over your oysters & drink the rest. Give the oysters a grind of pepper; go to the fridge & retrieve your 3rd Speights; consume oysters & Speights then return to fridge for more Speights. Some wusses substitute lemon juice for Speights but seriously unless you've got lazy bottle of Patrone I'd stick with the Speights. No, thank YOU.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions got robbed. Scored a try in front of the posts. Should of been 7 points. Then should d
Been able to ale that kick again. Really piss poor. Good for my tipping but absolutely robbed!!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Never mind games to come, nek minit Lions are in again, Jantges lining it up to win the game, no time left, and it's missed so Clan get away with it 23-22, Lions blowing up big time as the charge may have been a tad prem but WGAF.

Speights & oysters recipe:

You will need a big-arse insulated platter (or be South of the Waitaki) so your layer of ice doesn't melt; as many oysters as you can cram onto the platter, half-shelled; 3 x Speights & a pepper grinder. Drink the first Speights then drizzle half the 2nd over your oysters & drink the rest. Give the oysters a grind of pepper; go to the fridge & retrieve your 3rd Speights; consume oysters & Speights then return to fridge for more Speights. Some wusses substitute lemon juice for Speights but seriously unless you've got lazy bottle of Patrone I'd stick with the Speights. No, thank YOU.

Speights and bluff? Gotta give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Speights and bluff? Gotta give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can substitute lesser oysters if needs must. Once used Kilkenny in the absence of Speights & Sydney oysters in lieu of Bluff, wasn't too bad. I've heard good things about Irish oysters & gather you're in that part of the world so give it a whirl & let me know how you get on.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
You can substitute lesser oysters if needs must. Once used Kilkenny in the absence of Speights & Sydney oysters in lieu of Bluff, wasn't too bad. I've heard good things about Irish oysters & gather you're in that part of the world so give it a whirl & let me know how you get on.

Will do. Tracking down the Speights may be the issue, but I'll give it my best shot :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Will do. Tracking down the Speights may be the issue, but I'll give it my best shot :)

Save yourself the hassle & go Kilkenny - unless of course you've got some tame Otago/Southland scarfies with access to the good stuff. I have it on good authority that French & Spanish oysters, while plentiful & relatively cheap, taste like snot so if I were you I'd go fully Irish.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
OK I'm probably gonna put the kiss of death on games to come, but if the clan win with a bp, and the Crusadrers win, and the Force lose, that'll put 4 NZ teams in the top six.
Normal service is resumed.
Just don't forget that NZ sides still have 11 derbies left between teams that are a chance of making the final and are about to rob each other of a shit load of points. Only 6 derbies of consequence left in the Aus conference.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Just don't forget that NZ sides still have 11 derbies left between teams that are a chance of making the final and are about to rob each other of a shit load of points. Only 6 derbies of consequence left in the Aus conference.

Fair comment. My pick right now would be for the Bulls to sneak into the top six, probably at the expense of the Force. A 2-2-2 split of finals places would probably be a good reflection of resurgence in form of some teams etc.
The unknown is the spoiler teams-they could play havoc with the final standings for all conferences.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)

True, though I think it's only 10 now. I can see the Blues ('saders, chiefs, sharks) and the Highlanders (2 X crusaders and 1 X Chiefs) falling away.

Chiefs, 'saders, 'canes in the finals, in that order. (IMO)

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Fair comment. My pick right now would be for the Bulls to sneak into the top six, probably at the expense of the Force. A 2-2-2 split of finals places would probably be a good reflection of resurgence in form of some teams etc.
The unknown is the spoiler teams-they could play havoc with the final standings for all conferences.

Really can't see the bulls making it, 1 saffa team, 2 kiwi, 2 aussie and either force or 'canes.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think the bulls need to win every game, but they have a soft run home so still a chance.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
I think the bulls need to win every game, but they have a soft run home so still a chance.

Yeah you're right they are still are chance, but I can't see a team that's 4 from 11 going 5 from 5 and having the luck of other results go their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.