• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Be interesting to see how many of the Naki faithful have turned and will support the Chiefs at the Bullring huh bada?? Think there maybe a few that are stll Canes supporters and may actually be happy to support the Blues just for style of rugby they play. The Blues obviously need to overcome their 'out of town blues', and with the forward pack they putting out now, that backline could just cause a bit of grief. I really do like the look of Hall,Hickey,Visinia,Nonu,Moala, Halai and Piatau if JK goes with them! I personally think although early in year I got a bit excited about Tevita Li, I think Visinia is going to cuase a wee bit of excitement over next year or so at either wing or fullback (perhaps with Piatau having run at 13). All I can say is bloody exciting lineup, and that from a Canes man!!!

You could almost envisage this game as being at a neutral venue with divided allegiances, however the underlying message wil be 'deal to the Jafas'. I like the look of the backline you've suggested, however I'd say leave the Weepu sub until the death thows of the game (unless we're up by a good few points). Noakes if fit, could be an excellent sub at about the 60 minute mark, unless Hickey is getting monstored early on.

Good to see that Nonu has declared he still has more to come. Should send a chill down our traditional foes.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to hear that when the Chiefs arrived at New Plymouth they were met with chants of Hurricanes!!! As I said may not be a home crowd!!

M

Moono75

Hour or so to kickoff. Think the Blues will take this one. Big game from Nonu and Blues scrum to dominate.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
1st blood to the Blues via Visinier! Hickey converts, 7-0
Could be a long night night in Chiefercanes territory Edit: for the Blues

Maybe not. Big Ben in in the corner. Anscombe slots, 7-7, 11 mins gone.

Tim Nainai Williams in, Anscombe converts, 14-0. 21 mins gone. Piatau off with a gammy leg. Commentators injury speculation ranges from ankle, leg, to measles and leprosy

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Anscombe penalty, 17-7. Visinier having a great game so far.

Hickey responds in kind, 17-10, 31 gone.

And again 17-13

Anscombe chucks another over, 20-13 at HT

Blues backline looks menacing, Nonu again having a good one.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great first half. Blues stuffed up a couple of chances.

Nonu impressive. Hope Piatau is ok - limping off certainly better than getting stretchered off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
You get the feeling that the Chiefs are not the lay down mezzaire for the premiership.

They seem to be a lot more vulnerable than they have been in the last 2 years.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scrappy first half with lots of messy ball at ruck time for Blues and LO/Scrums for Chiefs.

Kaino and Nonu looking good despite Nonu's howler that resulted in the Big Ben try.

Marshall looking very dangerous from fullback for the Chiefs.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
You get the feeling that the Chiefs are not the lay down mezzaire for the premiership.

They seem to be a lot more vulnerable than they have been in the last 2 years.

Were they ever considered that this year given they lost their most influential player in Clarke?

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Were they ever considered that this year given they lost their most influential player in Clarke?

Agreed and I'd say confidence levels took a hit with Cruden out, however this game so far has indicators of a resurgence. Any idea when Cruden is back?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I've always been massive Kevin Mealamu fan but he's not a great captain. Needed a strong captain to get the ref looking at some of the bullshit the Chiefs pulled tonite at the break-down.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Barrett is 3 for 3 and Canes lead 9-0.

Rebels not getting their hands on the ball. Canes seem to be controlling it pretty well except when they try to run it out of their 22

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
God, where do they find these journos in NZ:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/10029155/Chiefs-take-all-the-spoils-in-New-Plymouth

On the Blues:
They started well enough when wing Lolagi Visinia scored in the eighth minute but, as they tend to do, they struggled to contain the opposition

WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK. In general, when one team is playing worse than their opposition THEY ARE SAID TO BE STRUGGLING TO BE CONTAINIGN THE OPPOSITION.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS BUT I AM TAKING NOTES MYSELF HERE FOR FURTHER REFERENCE. SO AS I CAN ASCERTAIN WHY RUGBY TEAMS LOSE RUGBY MATCHES.

MORE LATER.

Status
Not open for further replies.