• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
God, where do they find these journos in NZ:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/10029155/Chiefs-take-all-the-spoils-in-New-Plymouth

On the Blues:

WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK. In general, when one team is playing worse than their opposition THEY ARE SAID TO BE STRUGGLING TO BE CONTAINIGN THE OPPOSITION.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS BUT I AM TAKING NOTES MYSELF HERE FOR FURTHER REFERENCE. SO AS I CAN ASCERTAIN WHY RUGBY TEAMS LOSE RUGBY MATCHES.

MORE LATER.
Is this containing, contagion, or continence, because I can't tell if your post is enclosed, infective, or trying not to dribble? :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Anyone know how bad Piutau's injury is? Looked pretty nasty although I noted he sat out the match on the bench rather than going for an x-Ray/scan so that's gotta be a good sign. His misfortune may be Cory Jane's lifeline or maybe they'll go with Andre Taylor in the 2nd fullback role?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Piutau will be a big loss for Blues as well as a bit of a one for ABs, though I can see an opening for Visinia in ABs 35 man training squad if he out!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Piutau will be a big loss for Blues as well as a bit of a one for ABs, though I can see an opening for Visinia in ABs 35 man training squad if he out!!

Haven't seen much of Vinisia other than last night & last week, looks promising. I had Piutau pencilled in to share 15-playing-14 role with Smith so maybe if that gig goes to Jane or Taylor & they still think Ben can cover Conrad there's room for another Savea-style power wing. I guess even being part of the 35 would be good for him even if he doesn't make the final cut.

Also seriously impressed with young Nathan Harris, he's another who might benefit from being in the training camp(s) alongside Kev & (I suppose) Coles. Ditto Tuipulotu & Fekitoa.

On McNicholl, I ran out of fingers & toes counting the guys who would have to get injured for him to get a shot at Black!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Parker knocks one over from 48m out, Clan 10-0 but have lost Bekhuis & Hardie, both look like knee injuries, Bekhuis's rather worse than Hardie's. Parker DG, 13-0. How ironic.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Buckman's got a double, 18-0 kick to come from the sideline - Parker misses, not long 'til half time this could get ugly if Clan keep splitting them up the guts - as they've just done again, then wide for Emery in the left corner. 23-0 with the kick to come then half time. Parker misses again, siren goes. I suspect a lot of TV's are getting turned off (or smashed up) in J'burg right now.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
OK I'm probably gonna put the kiss of death on games to come, but if the clan win with a bp, and the Crusadrers win, and the Force lose, that'll put 4 NZ teams in the top six.
Normal service is resumed.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Pretty sure he'll be cited for this. We all saw the elbow on the replays. How could the TMO/ref/assistants not see that?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Officially banned from Lions practice:

Passing
Catching
Running straight.

Big no-nos. Straight into the front row at scrum practice if you dare to do any of this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.