• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What about Vinne Munro? Buckman's early try he takes one look at the replay and decides it's a try. Looked pretty inconclusive to me, definitely needed another angle and second look. The Lions scored against the posts at the end there, ultimately robbing them. Shame on you Vinnie.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I agree with the bulls making a run into the finals. But they need things to go their way. I the force can win tonight I think they will make the final. They will benefit the most from the June tests as well

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not 1, but yes this is the reason. Ben M will be in the wallaby squad. I think he should be on over the honey badger. The badge ha seen good but not spectacular. With Joe Tomane injured he will be here though.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Not 1, but yes this is the reason. Ben M will be in the wallaby squad. I think he should be on over the honey badger. The badge ha seen good but not spectacular. With Joe Tomane injured he will be here though.

It's a pity because they've played well collectively to warrant more wallaby places, but perhaps not well enough individually to oust incumbents.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
. The Lions scored against the posts at the end there, ultimately robbing them. Shame on you Vinnie.

Logic says that some part of the ball almost certainly made contact with the post & another part of the ball with the ground, but the TMO has to actually see it in order to give it a Try. In this case he couldn't see therefore No Try. Blame the Laws of the game, not the bloke following them.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I saw it, why didn't the TMO?

I thought I saw it, too. But I also saw a Clan players hand that may or may not have prevented the ball touching the post & ground at the same time. And as @badabing & @hughjarse have already pointed out, those that prosper from a shit decision or 3 must expect to one day be on the receiving end.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Had to happen:

"
Veteran prop Chris King has been cited for striking Lions captain Warren Whitely in the Highlanders' 23-22 Super Rugby win in Dunedin on Saturday.

King is alleged to have made contact with Whitely in the 54th minute of the match in an off-the-ball incident.

Match referee Angus Gardner reviewed the incident with the television match official and issued a yellow card.

However, the Sanzar citing commissioner has reviewed match footage and deemed that the incident meets the red card threshold for foul play.

Sanzar duty judicial officer Peter Ingwersen will consider the incident."

4 weeks?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Aiui, at the end of the match, the Lions' licker should have been allowed to re-take his conversion kick because of an illegal charge-down attempt by the Highlanders.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I think the Lions kicker effectively got a second swing at the ball off the tee after the referee had shooshed the Clan back behind the try line following the kicker abandoning his first run in.

The difference between this one, and Cruden's one in the IRE v NZL game was that Cruden didn't abandon his run in to the first kick (which missed). The ref sent the IRE team back behind the line and allowed Cruden a second run up and kick for goal.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Had to happen:

"
Veteran prop Chris King has been cited for striking Lions captain Warren Whitely in the Highlanders' 23-22 Super Rugby win in Dunedin on Saturday.

King is alleged to have made contact with Whitely in the 54th minute of the match in an off-the-ball incident.

Match referee Angus Gardner reviewed the incident with the television match official and issued a yellow card.

However, the Sanzar citing commissioner has reviewed match footage and deemed that the incident meets the red card threshold for foul play.

Sanzar duty judicial officer Peter Ingwersen will consider the incident."

4 weeks?

Nope, 2 weeks reduced to 1. Saffers unhappy with the inconsistent (spin the wheel) punishments handed out by the judiciary.

Status
Not open for further replies.