• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep ,I know where you coming from Cyclo, I would of enjoyed it a bit more than you because my team was in it, but I thought both teams cancelled each other out, and although there was some great defence, I thought the attacks of both teams perhaps weren't as fluent as I had hoped!!
I will say Juian Savea looked pretty bloody good even in that style of game, he really got a great work rate this year!!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Enjoyed it for the half back battle alone. TJ Perenara certainly took the honours, even though his try wasn't a try.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Fixed.

"The end justifies the means". First Speaker for the Affirmative is @Teach.:)

No. That is not fixed at all. The boy and I started watching initially with some degree of resignation that we would be worn down, and our reserve players would be overpowered. at the point when Hayden Parker got that sweet drop goal we dared to dream and then it was real hearts in our mouths stuff.

Seen a lot worse games this season.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
4 Kiwi sides in the top 6 was never gonna last but this result means there may well only be 2 given the 'canes & Clan's respective run-ins. Also it appears my lot would go top of the table if they were able to down the Shorks by 12+ & score 4 tries in the process & Brumbies were to lose. Somewhat of a long shot but not bad for a team currently sitting 6th.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gotta ask Waiopehu, how come you became a Saders man, yet you keep a nic from the heart of Canes land??;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Mutton, I live in Brissy too, but was just wondering with Waiopehu with nics etc, my son went to same college and I used to have a little to do with their 1st 15. Out of interest Mutton and other kiwis,you been watching that perfect season videos on All Blacks facebook site, I quite look at behind scenes bits in these videos.

M

Muttonbird

Thanks for the heads-up on the bts videos. Nice insight into the camp.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Gotta ask Waiopehu, how come you became a Saders man, yet you keep a nic from the heart of Canes land??;)

Dad worked for the Post Office so we moved a fair bit, born in Nelson but left when I was little & I went to something like 6 different primary schools & lived in Tauranga, Rotorua & New Plymouth before moving to Levin & Waiopehu College at 13. For some reason I just never connected with either BofP or 'naki but was a great fan of Fergie McCormick & some of the other hard-as Cantabs like Tane Norton & Grizz.

Tried very hard to be a 'canes fan: drank enough Lion Red at the Cossie Club to win a jersey & have it signed by some of the players when they visited pre-season; went to the first-ever Super Rugby match in Palmy North; but when the day came that "my" 'canes went up against Marshall, Merts & co I just couldn't do it: gave my jersey to a mate who's a similar size & have been a Crusaders fan ever since. Just to remind you, we finished dead last that year while 'canes made the semis so I'm no bandwagon-jumper.

As for the Brissy bit, @Muttonbird, as a great man (& Rob Muldoon) once said, I'm just another dumb kiwi doing his bit to raise the average IQ of both countries!

M

Muttonbird

As for the Brissy bit, @Muttonbird, as a great man (& Rob Muldoon) once said, I'm just another dumb kiwi doing his bit to raise the average IQ of both countries!
Yeah, fair enough. Just that this country has done a fine job of exporting Kiwis and importing non-Kiwis over the last 10 years. Do you get a lot of the "f@#k-off Kiwi" attitude, or have you been there long enough to blend in?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, fair enough. Just that this country has done a fine job of exporting Kiwis and importing non-Kiwis over the last 10 years. Do you get a lot of the "f@#k-off Kiwi" attitude, or have you been there long enough to blend in?
You mean blund? Sorry.
Does anyone really give that crap anymore? Bit sad if they do. Apart from sparring on rugby sites, I enjoy finding some Kiwis to chinwag about rugby with.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
WTF? Frans-I-never-run-the-ball goes for a scoot, opens us up like a can of fucking sardines then throws a backhander to some other guy who scores. 7-0 after 10. Fuck.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Slade makes amends for missing from 48m by finishing a good chase from big Sam, fends off Steyn in the process, kick is good so 7-7 after 15. Yippee.

Status
Not open for further replies.