• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Answer me one question though please mate, why's he wearing 23 ?

I didn't notice his father there today (or I couldn't see him) however I was asking the same question??? I know for a fact that Morgan wanted to go to the Baa Baa's team where most of his team mates and club coach are, but he was selected in the first 15 for MSZ and therefore he had to play there, so your question is a bloody good one.

My first thoughts was because of his illness, but surely the teams would have been nominated before then. Anyone here know???

Thanks for that DD I was wanting to know myself but forgot to ask the good folk here!!

Regards,
Newbie.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
'Pretty Valley' and 'Blue Cow' will be where I be heading to beat the crowds ... if it is all too much there ... Apres skiing ... lmao!!!

I think you'll be pretty much limited to Front Valley as there's actually only 15 of 47 lifts open and none at Blue Cow(error in their report). Man from Snowy River is looking good for the long haul!!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I don't doubt that he has plenty to offer as you'll see from my previous posts where I've lauded his talent and performances. The issue raised was about his size. He is indeed quite small compared to his contempories and the question is whether this will come against him in the future. As I suggested time will no doubt tell. Hopefully for one with so much talent he grows physically to a level where his performances aren't diminished due to his size. (I heard that he was playing on the wing in Opens CAS rugby?)

And the answer is that in open company this season he's been selected into the shadows for Open Schooolboys. Yes he's vertically challenged, but its not like he's a midget. It does look llike he's hit the weight room a fair bit & done some work on his speed across the last few years, so not sure where teh fixation on size comes in to it? Would hardly call Quade Copper a monster. As to positions played in opens, to my knowledge - he's covered 13, 14 & 15 so far this season & then in U16s 10 and now today 12.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I didn't notice his father there today (or I couldn't see him) however I was asking the same question. I know for a fact that Morgan wanted to go to the Baa Baa's team where his mates and club coach are. But he was selected in the fiest 15

I heard that the club coach was reprimanded for telling his club players to decline MSZ selections and he would take them on board with the baa baas - doubt that went down very well at all.

Bill McLean (32)
Same number he wore for Canterbury at the State Champs!

He didn't play at the State Champs. He was named in their team but I know that he would have had league commitments right throughout the period Sydney Uni were preparing for the Sate Champs so he was given the honour (NOT) of wearing that favourite NIKE number of 23 ... lol.

Regards,
Newbie.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
He didn't play at the State Champs. He was named in their team but I know that he would have had league commitments right throughout the period Sydney Uni were preparing for the Sate Champs so he was given the honour (NOT) of wearing that favourite NIKE number of 23 ... lol.

Regards,
Newbie.

How did he get selected in the MSZ team if he didn't play at the State Champs?

M

magpie4ever

It's not just about height. He needs to thicken up quite a bit.

What would he weigh at the moment? (75-78kgs?)

CTPE, my good man, 75-78kgs for a Anglo-Saxon 16 year old is bloody fantastic. If he is that you are looking at a 90 plus kgs, with modern training, diet & weights, as an open age footballer.

Bill McLean (32)
Queensland Won!!

Cooper is actually bigger than he looks on TV- 6ft 1in and about 93kgs

I know it doesnt belong here but Cooper was instrumental in Queeslnad's victory tonight (wish he played for us ... lol ... one title that all I want to see for us ... lmao)!!!

To answer your other question CTPE (i.e. bieng selected in the MSZ team without playing in State Champs? I dont know? Is there a stipulation you have to play? I know he played in the MSZ team last year; does that qualify you? I must admit I have not read the rules on that part!

R

rara10

I know it doesnt belong here but Cooper was instrumental in Queeslnad's victory tonight (wish he played for us ... lol ... one title that all I want to see for us ... lmao)!!!

To answer your other question CTPE (i.e. bieng selected in the MSZ team without playing in State Champs? I dont know? Is there a stipulation you have to play? I know he played in the MSZ team last year; does that qualify you? I must admit I have not read the rules on that part!

Cooper in CCC colours hmmmmm

Bill McLean (32)
OK - so what? Maybe he'll be more like that absolute do-nothing, Dan Carter. Or another noted short ass - Grant Fox.

Grant Fox ... could not agree with you more ...I hated that !@#$%^&*& ... but hell could ke kick ... he almost single handedly kept Australia's hands of the Bledisloe throughout the 80 and early 90's!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
...To answer your other question CTPE (i.e. bieng selected in the MSZ team without playing in State Champs? I dont know? Is there a stipulation you have to play? I know he played in the MSZ team last year; does that qualify you? I must admit I have not read the rules on that part!

Think you might find that there aren't any hard rules other than the same eligibility criteria for a district team at the state championship - if it's written down and it becomes too black & white, some parent of a kid that just misses out (i.e. player #24 in a 23 player squad) will get all out of shape and hostile because their kid missed out because some kid got selected outside the "rules". So the answer is - don't have a stupid rule - allow the selectors the latitude so they can select what they believe are the best 23!

Status
Not open for further replies.