• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Jimmy Ah Chung Injured???

It is my understanding that young Jimmy Ah Chung has suffered an injury which will put him out of action for several weeks? If so was it the same ham-string strain which he has been carrying for a while now?

Here is another young talent that may need to rest. Played for Parramatta in their HM team this year, but in the second row of all places. Never could understand Parra's decision on that placement! A winger with pace to burn who was selected in the SJRU U/15's team last year.

If he has suffered the same injury it might explain why he looked a little heavy on his feet at last week's School Champs.

Has a big future ahead of him if his family and/or manager look after him properly. Several NRL clubs were chasing him but he decided to go with Parra. I believe this will probably be his last season in rugby. A pity though!

Regards,
Newbie.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
OK - so what? Maybe he'll be more like that absolute do-nothing, Dan Carter. Or another noted short ass - Grant Fox.

Point taken.... as I said at #815 I think that he's a real talent. Time will tell how big a role size plays, if any, in his advancement.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah, i reckon we can get him for next year's school titles:lmao: Then again, CTPE would still want the GPS squad selected as a unit. :p

Now, now Magpie.... that's most uncharitable ;)

My very objective view as to the make up of a potential Schools side can be found at #616... whilst it is GPS top heavy in view of that teams performances at the Schools Champs it does include some CCC players including 3 in the starting line up.

C

cold coffee

CUT the waffle fellas

You fellas have disappointed me ... Apart from Newbies report - This morning ive woken up to reports on the thickness of snow.... how big a young man will eventually will grow, Harry Jones, Tepai and Morgan who has a thing for the #23 (Michael Jordon fan) and to finish Newbie is now gibbering on how much sauce he will intake whilst on holidays....

I encourage each and every one of you unbiased scribes to dig deeper and offer your insight on the Day 2 matches... or you will all be cut from the squad....!!!

LIFT YOUR GAMES !...................... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Point taken.... as I said at #815 I think that he's a real talent. Time will tell how big a role size plays, if any, in his advancement.

Thanks CTPE - now for a quick bit of reverse navigation from me.

Not saying that Clark will get to the international level, he needs to build on his skill as a consistent team player (as per someone's observation of his game on Saturday) and all that aside - I don't put him at the same level yet as a few of the other regular names in these threads - eg A Kellaway.

N

ned

He didn't play at the State Champs. He was named in their team but I know that he would have had league commitments right throughout the period Sydney Uni were preparing for the Sate Champs so he was given the honour (NOT) of wearing that favourite NIKE number of 23 ... lol.

Regards,
Newbie.
Newbie he wasn't selected for the state champs for sydney uni because he never paid his registration and was taken off the sheet before the state champs so i don't know how he could actually be selected for any regional teams.

P

Parra

metro zone finals July 3

As a distant relative to a Parra player I went along today and saw a few games.
Anyone else on this well followed site go along?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Newbie he wasn't selected for the state champs for sydney uni because he never paid his registration and was taken off the sheet before the state champs so i don't know how he could actually be selected for any regional teams.

Ned - I'd check your sources. Wouldn't believe that even if I read it in a stat dec! MOTH

P

Parra

How well awesome were Country? The team gets brought together from all over the state and the played with great understanding and cohesion. Very well drilled, in my opinion. The full back broke every first tackle versus Parra. Awesome to see the 15s and 16s working together, great rugby values.

MNZ, I had heard all these huge things about them. Passing in the backs, definitely needs to be worked on. Forwards, big no.4 came on at the end versus MWZ and totally pwned versus MSZ - why leave him so late? Cannot workout what can I have gone wrong, didnt these guys beat Parra at the last level?

Parra - tepai, malaki, worth the price of admission just for these 2. What an awesome game versus country. Bad luck boys.

Baa Baas, how good are these guys? How didnt they get selected for other teams, great teamwork and commitment.

MSZ, so unlucky versus MNZ. A kick on the final whistle. Was it 18 to 17? Desperately unlucky. 22 was great.

I think an important issue is the coaching of line out, timing seemed all wrong, lifters didnt know wehre to go, throwing was off. Is this the league influence? Do kids train for this area anymore?

Q

QuadeCooperFan

what was the team for Western zone?

EDIT: actually nevermind, i found it on the website!

R

rockon

games today:
mwz beat mnz
Barbarians beat msz
country beat mwz
mnz beat msz
barbarians beat country.

Comment on any standouts?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
What is truly disturbing about the final ranking is the rationalizing that NSWJRU will do to sweep aside the abject failure of the MNZ selectors & no answers for any questions surrounding why the left over baa baas nailed the first select sides.) But have to say MNZ being tipped by MSZ - wow -

spiker

Frank Row (1)
Great days rugby-and well done to country-probably the best game of the w/e vs MWZ,well deserved win.
MSZ robbed in last minute vs MNZ-why did MNZ hold back Morris,Jones and Williams till last 10 mins?Have their coaches ever coached before-and hope there is some accountability for some truly strange selection decisions all w/e.MSZ's Paenga-Amosa again was a star-gosh he works hard.
Can anyone name a top Sydney team now-who are the certain picks forgetting Schools?

R

rara10

How well awesome were Country? The team gets brought together from all over the state and the played with great understanding and cohesion. Very well drilled, in my opinion. The full back broke every first tackle versus Parra. Awesome to see the 15s and 16s working together, great rugby values.

Agreed went out today to see what you have all been talking about as i missed the schools comp and yesterdays games. there was some great rugby today the last game between Country and Baa baas was a cracker turning point for me was when 22 Fullback came off injured at half time Country lost their way and stiill only went down by 3 great footy both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.