• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dingdong

DING DING ROUND 2

TEPAI
V
morgan

First round knockout to TEPAI !!!!!!!

I can't say the stadard of Rugby across the Zones was all that impressive today. Quite a few boys who looked really good last week were just ok today. Wondering if the schools coaches were there today (may have got out the big red pen)

M

magpie4ever

DING DING ROUND 2

TEPAI
V
morgan

First round knockout to TEPAI !!!!!!!

I can't say the stadard of Rugby across the Zones was all that impressive today. Quite a few boys who looked really good last week were just ok today. Wondering if the schools coaches were there today (may have got out the big red pen)

Obviously, Tepai had a big game. Any other names who looked good and names of players who disappointed today?

D

Dingdong

Obviously, Tepai had a big game. Any other names who looked good and names of players who disappointed today?

Malaki was my pick for the day. Others who played really well were Niu Tupou,Robert Taufa(Barbarians),Jack McCalman,Trent Winterstein,Junior Satu(Western), Brandon Amosa,Fred FialaMolu (Southern), Nick Andrews,Corey Tulloch (Country) and as far as Northern goes,I didn't think anyone of them was a particular standout, in fact they all looked a bit flat.

R

rara10

Malaki was my pick for the day. Others who played really well were Niu Tupou,Robert Taufa(Barbarians),Jack McCalman,Trent Winterstein,Junior Satu(Western), Brandon Amosa,Fred FialaMolu (Southern), Nick Andrews,Corey Tulloch (Country) and as far as Northern goes,I didn't think anyone of them was a particular standout, in fact they all looked a bit flat.

What about Redden?

spiker

Frank Row (1)

Yes agree with you Dingdong with Amosa-thought he was outstanding,Malaki was good too but struggle to see him as a numb 8 in a fast expansive game,like Knox last w/e.Tulloch was good for Country,and as for Northern zone Morris was a standout,and was easily the best forward.Harry Jones was good but too often didn't finish.Will be an interesting game tomorrow morning mwz vs mnz.

R

rara10

Yes agree with you Dingdong with Amosa-thought he was outstanding,Malaki was good too but struggle to see him as a numb 8 in a fast expansive game,like Knox last w/e.Tulloch was good for Country,and as for Northern zone Morris was a standout,and was easily the best forward.Harry Jones was good but too often didn't finish.Will be an interesting game tomorrow morning mwz vs mnz.

In earlier posts Tulloch was not mentioned in the country team picks???????

Did he play 10 or 12

D

Dingdong

In earlier posts Tulloch was not mentioned in the country team picks???????

Did he play 10 or 12

Yeh, we all fell for the dummy there. Not sure what's going on. He wore 22, played half a game at fullback against Southern then played the whole game at fullback in the second game. Would have close to the best on field against Northern. What a versatile player !!!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
MWZ 13 Barbarians 5

So barbarians showing up the big boys? (or at least making them work hard.). Any opinions as to why - nominally a team of cast offs, so are they just clicking, playing up a level or what? I know one of their coaches has an impressive club record with canterbury

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

Totally agree with your observation. I think a few boys were content to coast on their performances from last week on the assumption that they're already on the way to the Nationals as members in the Schools U16 team. Will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow as I think a few of them might be getting a wake up call overnight.

D

Dingdong

Totally agree with you on Malki. I reckon the times right for him to move to the front row(LH)

spiker

Frank Row (1)
Totally agree with your observation. I think a few boys were content to coast on their performances from last week on the assumption that they're already on the way to the Nationals as members in the Schools U16 team. Will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow as I think a few of them might be getting a wake up call overnight.

CTPE-It was so not so much that these boys were taking it easier than last w/e-it just seems in each side there's 3/4 boys of a standard quite a bit less,and cause the game to be so stop/start.I've never seen so many missed tackles and dropped balls for this level.Even class hookers not being able to throw straight or correct height.Pretty sub standard days rugby,when so much was expected!

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Was Clark playing 10 for MWZ?

No Clark should have been playing as per his jersey No 12 but he obviously thought he was picked as a 10. It was hard to watch as he kept over calling Angeloni and as a result as per my previous post the back line suffered a loss of cohesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.