• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Are you certain?

the country selectors probably thought he was going to make nsw schools, so got rid off him before he most likely would quit anyway
he is a strong chance

FK,

It is my understanding that Country will not finalise its team for National until after the meeting with NSWSRU and SJRU. This occurs on the Monday after Regional.

Alternatively are you saying that CJRU have already selected their team for Regional and Jennings is not in it?

I'd be very surprised!

Regards,
Newbie.

Bill McLean (32)
CTPE,

Morgan attends Marist Kogarah, a noted league school which has been a breeding ground for the Dragons for many decades. Interestingly Morgan is contracted to the Canterbury Bulldogs, however his contract still allows to still play rugby, a term his father insited on!

Regards,

C

cold coffee

:)

Good call on " 10 in a props body"! I think the "fits and starts" thing also is influenced by the amount of possession the team had ( speaking about last weekend ) - he is a ball runner and with no ball it is easy to go missing. AICES had hardly any ball in the first half of the CAS1 game and what they did have was under pressure or kicked away. For the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half they kept it in the forwards and applied pressure of their own and scored their only try. 44 - 7 doesn't look great but the AICES boys had to do a lot of tackling ( obviously missed a few!:) ). Backrow worked hard, Mill in particular seemed to be everywhere, but limited opportunities!

I like Pappalardo's step and "double pump" dummy! 10 in props body - I like it!

I could be wrong but i think Alex has pulled out of the MWZ side.... Family overseas travel !!! ... However i could be corrected here !

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Curtain doesnt play club footy but he is playing opens for Joeys although he will be back next term, whether he will be in firsts or seconds i do not know.

I understand that Pat Curtin developed a stress foot fracture during the trials but that he is now training at 100% and will be back in the new term, probably in the Twos with a chance to back up in the Ones.

I think that he is actually a better scrummie that Kay, who looks like a 10 with a 9 jersey - but that is by the by.

My questions is: could Curtin's injury in the trials be overcome by superior performances in the Joeys Twos or Ones, or is it too much to ask for the selectors to go into that detail?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
My questions is: could Curtin's injury in the trials be overcome by superior performances in the Joeys Twos or Ones, or is it too much to ask for the selectors to go into that detail?

I'm not certain if you're suggesting that Curtain could make the NSW Schools U16s team despite not playing in the trials and schools state champs but if you are he's got buckleys. The team is chosen on 6th July- three weeks before the next round of the GPS.

Rory Davis was outstanding last weekend and is a shoe in for the no 9 jersey.

D

Dingdong

Superior to the performances of players who had the chance to play in trials. I did not realise that the team was selected so early.

I thimk the argument that the 16's playing 1st's or 2nd's have evolved into better players ( than their 16 a 's counterparts) has been soundly put to bed. IMO, the standout performers before and after the trials / School championships were all players who play in their agegroup ( except Sandell ). Yes Deegan was good but no way better than Davis, Tulloch, Morgan, Popple, Whicker, Jones and the like. Curtain was 2 steps behind the front runnets BEFORE his injury. In what games for Joey's do you base his superior performances on ?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Dingdong

You missed my point. I meant future superior performances. The National U/16 Championships are held in late September but I had no clue as to when the teams for it are selected. My guess was earlier in September.

There have been trials already and Curtin was injured, therefore I was curious, if the teams were picked just before the Championships, if he could make up ground with superior performances for Joeys. I was in no way suggesting that he was better than the guys who shone in the trials, nor assuming that he was better because he is playing Opens, just asking if it would be too late to make a late surge if he had some excellent performances.

But CTPE has posted that the teams will be selected on July 6, nearly 2 months before the Championships. I didn't know that.

Storm in a teacup.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
i think if the teams were selected later Curtin could have pushed for selection, if Deegan was to be the NSW 10 (which he most likely will) Curtin would have had a few more games in with him this year in opens along with the 100s of others theyve played together. Not saying he is better than Davis but with Deegan at 10 his close

G

G-78-XV-V

I'm guessing from what you blokes are saying, that the game to watch on the weekend will be Sunday mornings...
Northern vs Western zones where a majority of the potential NSW talent will be on display....

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
U16s draw for this weekends Regionals is below. All games are being played on Field 1 at Grantham Reserve, Lucretia Road, Blacktown.

Saturday 2 July:

9.30am Western Zone v Barbarians
10.30am Country Juniors v Southern Zone
12.30pm Northern Zone v Barbarians
1.30pm Southern Zone v Western Zone
3pm Country Juniors v Northern Zone

Sunday 3 July

9.30am Western Zone v Northern Zone
10.30am Southern Zone v Barbarians
12.30pm Country Juniors v Western Zone
1.30pm Northern Zone v Southern Zone
3pm Country Juniors v Barbarians

F

For the love of the game.

good luck to all the boyzzzzzzzzzzz. See you on the field.

U16s draw for this weekends Regionals is below. All games are being played on Field 1 at Grantham Reserve, Lucretia Road, Blacktown.

Saturday 2 July:

9.30am Western Zone v Barbarians
10.30am Country Juniors v Southern Zone
12.30pm Northern Zone v Barbarians
1.30pm Southern Zone v Western Zone
3pm Country Juniors v Northern Zone

Sunday 3 July

9.30am Western Zone v Northern Zone
10.30am Southern Zone v Barbarians
12.30pm Country Juniors v Western Zone
1.30pm Northern Zone v Southern Zone
3pm Country Juniors v Barbarians

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Western Zone looked a bit suspect today, the No 12 needs to stop trying to be the flyhalf and let the flyhalf control the game,no cohesion at all needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.