• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GPS Round 2 – 4/8/2012

· Shore – Bye
· Kings vs Newington at Gowan Brae
· St Josephs vs Scots at Bellevue Hill
· St Ignatius vs Grammar at Riverview

Any predictions for this weekend? Kings vs Newington to be an extremely close game, with Kings hungry after a loss and Newington perhaps slow to start after an easy run against Grammar.

Whilst Scots backline could step up on any given day, I believe their forwards won't be able to contain the Joeys pack, and thus won't get enough ball. If their game against Kings anything to go on, the Scots pack also seem to lack discipline, which could cost them in the long run. Joeys by 20 or so.

View to run over Grammar by 40 +

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Any predictions for this weekend? Kings vs Newington to be an extremely close game, with Kings hungry after a loss and Newington perhaps slow to start after an easy run against Grammar.

Whilst Scots backline could step up on any given day, I believe their forwards won't be able to contain the Joeys pack, and thus won't get enough ball. If their game against Kings anything to go on, the Scots pack also seem to lack discipline, which could cost them in the long run. Joeys by 20 or so.

View to run over Grammar by 40 +
Hey M the only sure bet as seen so far is Shore, and even then a bye is always an each way bet.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
back when the CAS competition consisted of only five rounds, there was one season (1972) when in a six-team 1st XV competition there were four joint premiers. Four of the six teams won three and lost two; one team won two and lost three; and one won one and lost four.

If there was aver a time that something like this would happen in the GPS it is this year......Shore are now in the mix so if we predict that 4 of New, Kings, Joeys, Shore and Iggies win 4 games each, the other one wins 3, Scots 2 and Grammar 0 (excluding the last round fixture v High), there is your 4 way tie......

bring on a finals series!!

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tip for you riverview students to pass onto your coach.
There is no point getting whitely/dempsey to terrorise the grammer defence with 4 tries each this saturday as this tactic will only work against Grammer. Toughly found out against joeys, a couple of schoolboys will not win you the premiership, but teamwork will, hence the riverview v joeys game.
Was expecting much more from a talent filled riverview side.
Joeys to still struggle against Newingtons size, speed and cohesion. Riverview having the first 2. Joeys having the second 2.
thoughts.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Tip for you riverview students to pass onto your coach.
There is no point getting whitely/dempsey to terrorise the grammer defence with 4 tries each this saturday as this tactic will only work against Grammer. Toughly found out against joeys, a couple of schoolboys will not win you the premiership, but teamwork will, hence the riverview v joeys game.
Was expecting much more from a talent filled riverview side.
Joeys to still struggle against Newingtons size, speed and cohesion. Riverview having the first 2. Joeys having the second 2.
thoughts.
Dear John,
What are you trying to say exactly? I have read this more than once and still don't understand where/what you mean. Can you offer a little more insight please Sir. Thanks GC

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Dear John,
What are you trying to say exactly? I have read this more than once and still don't understand where/what you mean. Can you offer a little more insight please Sir. Thanks GC

Did not intend on making a complex statement. Was simply trying to put across the message that if Riverview were/are to win the comp (2/3 way tie very possible), i think they do have the players to achieve this, ultimately by not losing another game. They just need to play more as a unit.
Were you at the Riverview vs joeys match. If you were not then i understand your confusion.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Predictions for this weekend
Kings vs Newington - For Newington its their first real game of the season, for Kings they come off an unexpected first round loss to Shore. Newington have the size and fitness in the pack but if there is one backline to compete with Milne and Morea its Kings. Could go either way but as a Joeys boy hoping for and expecting a narrow Kings win at home. Kings 23-19
Riverview vs Grammar - If View are smart theyll tell there big three to stay pretty quite and build a game around the rest of the team, either way expected a big win for SIC. View 56-7
Joeys vs Scots - Scots first game of the comp season and come off the back of a very disappointing trial season while Joeys come off a strong win against View. Scots favoured back line can fire at any moment and there is no bigger game for them then this one. However i think the Joeys team are too smart and their forwards can really control the game while the backs just get the job done. Joeys 31-12

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Predictions for this weekend
Kings vs Newington - For Newington its their first real game of the season, for Kings they come off an unexpected first round loss to Shore. Newington have the size and fitness in the pack but if there is one backline to compete with Milne and Morea its Kings. Could go either way but as a Joeys boy hoping for and expecting a narrow Kings win at home. Kings 23-19
Riverview vs Grammar - If View are smart theyll tell there big three to stay pretty quite and build a game around the rest of the team, either way expected a big win for SIC. View 56-7
Joeys vs Scots - Scots first game of the comp season and come off the back of a very disappointing trial season while Joeys come off a strong win against View. Scots favoured back line can fire at any moment and there is no bigger game for them then this one. However i think the Joeys team are too smart and their forwards can really control the game while the backs just get the job done. Joeys 31-12

pretty accurate i would say 'random2'.
Kings in my eye are not the team they are on paper. The hype of all of there representative backs has been blown out of proportion. Jones and Foketi there two most dangerous players, halfback with a nice pass but little else to his game. Having said this you never know when it comes to this competition. Game is up for grabs but my money is at Newington 10+.

Scots forwards could potentially compete in the 16A competition but again would still be too small. But they do have the backs to rise to the occasion. Kellaway the main guy to go it for them, nothing shy or a fantastic footballer. I dont see joeys as the side to 'take the pedal off', so to speak, they seem determined as there last 4 years has been out of character for there school, history speaks for itself there. Jim stewart is the question mark, outstanding at rep level, easily the best 12 running around australian schoolboy rugby, but have seem him do little in the scots jersey. Did not play against riverview or newington to my understanding? and not against oak hill who i believe they had a hit out against instead of the bye (correct me if im wrong). It would seem to me that whoever is paying the guys school fees (being that he is a blatant import) are not getting there moneys worth.
Joeys do rise to the occasion of the annual clash of the catholics - clearly demonstrated in there 2011 battle when they almost beat the Riverview, who were convincingly the best team of 2011 and joeys themselves being one of the weaker ones.
With the Scots 15 and 12 you could never be sure but i would say joeys 15+.

Am looking ford to watching shore play. I am not too convinced they are a title contenders. I heard from a friend they played alright up at the gold coast against riverview in the final resulting in a draw. And that was riverview without what is being called 'the big 3'. Could not jump to conclusions as have not seen them, Pulver seems to be having a great season, have watched him play previously and have never seen him do much, looking ford to seeing him in his new form. Expecting big things.

And as i stated before riverview over grammer 40+ but have view to make some changes in style of play and actually utilize the 15 players on the field fully as we saw joeys do against them.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Did not intend on making a complex statement. Was simply trying to put across the message that if Riverview were/are to win the comp (2/3 way tie very possible), i think they do have the players to achieve this, ultimately by not losing another game. They just need to play more as a unit.
Were you at the Riverview vs joeys match. If you were not then i understand your confusion.
Thank you. I must slow down and read without a wine in hand. Cheers JD

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
pretty accurate i would say 'random2'.
Scots forwards could potentially compete in the 16A competition but again would still be too small. But they do have the backs to rise to the occasion. Kellaway the main guy to go it for them, nothing shy or a fantastic footballer. Jim stewart is the question mark, outstanding at rep level, easily the best 12 running around australian schoolboy rugby, but have seem him do little in the scots jersey. Did not play against riverview or newington to my understanding? and not against oak hill who i believe they had a hit out against instead of the bye (correct me if im wrong). It would seem to me that whoever is paying the guys school fees (being that he is a blatant import) are not getting there moneys worth.
With the Scots 15 and 12 you could never be sure but i would say joeys 15+.
Scots backline is superb in attack when the team is winning but defensively they are suspect when Scots is not winning.
I'll be interested to see if Kellaway defends as well as he attacks especially if the team is on the back foot.
It's up to the Scots forwards to step up for this game so the backs can fire or else I suspect the backline defence will be tested.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Scots backline is superb in attack when the team is winning but defensively they are suspect when Scots is not winning.
I'll be interested to see if Kellaway defends as well as he attacks especially if the team is on the back foot.
It's up to the Scots forwards to step up for this game so the backs can fire or else I suspect the backline defence will be tested.

It sounds as if theyre OK when they're winning but not much good when theyre not.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He is very good defensively.I saw Scots get flogged earlier this year and Kellaway made plenty of good tackles, and just as importantly many good decisions when defending.He won't let you down.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)

I have no problems with Kellaways defence. He played with my young bloke for NSW against Sydney last year in a warm up for the Nationals and I was witness to one of the best tackles I have ever seen. He is a machine.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yes, looking for a big turn around from Kings at their first home game, it will be a tough game, after last week, I have the valium ready!

This is Kings biggest game of the year. They need to compete well in the forward especially the tight five to get more possession otherwise they will rely on Newington errors for possession.

For Newington - defending and execution well then the game is theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.