• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
mistaking fingers for fish fingers where they?

Reminds me of a game in which I played against a school (these days in ISA) that was well known for dirty play back in the day. At one point, our forwards went into a huddle and one of them said, "These guys are even dirtier than I thought. They're biting in the rucks!" There was a stunned silence broken by our own second-rower saying, "Oh... Sorry..." He'd spent half the game chewing on one of his own players.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Any indications as to when these 3 players will be back?

I believe they'll all be back for Shore's Grammar round (round three), however, I doubt that they will all start in the 1sts as they will be eased back into contact as they attempt to refind their form.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I believe they'll all be back for Shore's Grammar round (round three), however, I doubt that they will all start in the 1sts as they will be eased back into contact as they attempt to refind their form.

Clancy played, he scored a try.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I understand the table to be;

Shore....2
New......2
Joeys....2
Scots (bye).2

Kings....0
SGS/High..0
Iggies.....0

Seems that the AAGPS is the only rugby comp in the world that hasn't adopted the bonus points system...so, just as a comparison I am going to redo the table for 1sts each week in this manner! Standings after round 1:

1. Newington....5
2. Joeys....5
3. Shore....4
4. Scots....4
5. Kings....1
6. Riverview....0
7. Grammar....0

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Seems that the AAGPS is the only rugby comp in the world that hasn't adopted the bonus points system.so, just as a comparison I am going to redo the table for 1sts each week in this manner! Standings after round 1:

1. Newington..5
2. Joeys..5
3. Shore..4
4. Scots..4
5. Kings..1
6. Riverview..0
7. Grammar..0

Joeys are on 4, they only scored 2 tries.

G

G-78-XV-V

Agreed, even a very simple bonus point system, as home games are so vital to this comp, say a bonus point for staying within 7 when you play away,
would greatly reduce the chance of dual or three way premierships.

M

Michelle

Rumour has it that David Vea has a shattered testicle following the first round encounter.....i do recall him limping from the field

W

Wowsah

Agreed, even a very simple bonus point system, as home games are so vital to this comp, say a bonus point for staying within 7 when you play away,

Just use for and against, whoever has the best for and against in a tie situation wins.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Seems that the AAGPS is the only rugby comp in the world that hasn't adopted the bonus points system.so, just as a comparison I am going to redo the table for 1sts each week in this manner! Standings after round 1:

1. Newington..5
2. Joeys..5
3. Shore..4
4. Scots..4
5. Kings..1
6. Riverview..0
7. Grammar..0
Great stuff KOB. Just don't let Newbie see this!!! He is against Anarchy of any type. It will be interesting how it all ends up after the last round because if there isn't real difference, the nay sayers will howl you down. Not me though. 100 years plus of tradition isn't going to change quickly

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)

Apropos of nothing much, back when the CAS competition consisted of only five rounds, there was one season (1972) when in a six-team 1st XV competition there were four joint premiers. Four of the six teams won three and lost two; one team won two and lost three; and one won one and lost four. Mind you, bonus points may not have made much difference then - for those of you who remember how Rugby was played back in 1972, most games were decided by margins like 6-3, and scoring four tries was a real rarity.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Things change don't they Snort? The AAGPS has to realise this too.

It's not impossible. Who would have thought, back in the day, that cricketers would be playing in pyjamas and a game could be over in a couple of hours, yet be popular?

Even in 6 Nations, which does not use bonus points, they have a tie breaker: for and against, then the number of tries. Maybe that should be the other way around, but it's better than nothing.

In the next six seasons, do we want three ties in the GPS as we have had in the last six?

I don't think so either. Things change; it's a matter of when; let it be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.