• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Round 9 next Saturday

The King’s Community is invited to our Back to King’s event on Saturday 10 August.

King’s will take on Riverview on home soil, with several sporting matches across various sports for our guests to enjoy throughout the day.

Food and drink will be available to purchase on the day with our sports clubs manning the JS White Oval BBQ, along with both the FAFA Tent and White Oval canteen that will both have food and drink throughout the event.

No matter your ties to King’s, bring along your picnic blanket and chairs, we look forward to seeing you there.

1722746635599.png

Joker

Staff member
Are moderators allowed to have a go at other schools..like you do against Scots Joker?
That is a good one. Maybe I could turn down my fun memes but how will sell my book?

Presentation1.jpg

And by the way I am an equal banter merchant about all schools. Just go back to the wild old days when I would have fun with other school, including Joeys

e8a5f0569e5151fdc60c8339fd6b8fc3.jpg

SBHS- Good old days.jpg

_102496152_gettyimages-647392984.jpg

I have been enjoying banter for many years. The mods have expressed support but if it becomes nasty then I was thumped. As a former $cots teacher I still have friends there and made new ones from Scots here. People like @Balmain Subbies could explain to you the fun we enjoy. We never use "the word that shall not be used" here but the occasional triangle player bursary is referenced.

shut.jpg

Thanks for raising your point. In short I will be busy these days dealing with students who come here to create trouble to bother giving Scots a jab. Oh heck...here is one more.

1722748484968.jpeg

Last edited:

Joker

Staff member
Round 9 next Saturday

The King’s Community is invited to our Back to King’s event on Saturday 10 August.
@Rudderless

I have never had explained the difference between all the blazers kinds seem to have.
We all know the traditional one, but what does the stripe and the sky blue blazers mean?

Joker

Staff member
Will players that received red cards also face
The possibility of further sanctions?
At Joeys, if you were given a red card on Saturday then you would also get a "NO Card" Sunday detention
Started at 8am and finished at 8pm. Each hour you would write out 6 pages of A4. 30min break at 10.30, one hour at 1pm. Afternoon break at 5.30pm. We would ask for "six of the best" rather than do this. I never did one but I was able to talk my way out of one.

1722750822427.png

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
My Takes after watching games and replays

Riverview Vs Scots
Oh lord I would not wanted to have been Zac Fittler on the car ride back home. Nearly gave Sualli a run for his money with that shot. I also had some big doubts about Plamondan coming into this game but he has truly shut me up with one of the best debuts a boy could ask for. Very scary for the years to come. Not sure how that try in the corner got called off either looked fine to me but oh well

Shore Vs Newington
Actually surprised with this turnout. Always thought Shore would win but such a close game combined with a great game from Grantham made it very enjoyable to rewatch. This shore victory and Joey's loss spices things up a whole lot more and we might have the greatest game of all time on the cards next weekend.

Kings Vs Joeys
AND FINALLY, for there has never been a greater day on the face of this planet than what I was able to witness. The 3rd of August 2024 may be the greatest day in my schooling life. Forwards simply had more energy in the tank than Joey's and our backs were spectacular. I think I'll be naming my son Hayden after his performance. Will say excellent game from Justice Taumoepeau but Joeys fell apart and the "BOYS FROM THE SJC" just seemed all that more quiter then usual.

With Love
Superman

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
@Rudderless

I have never had explained the difference between all the blazers kinds seem to have.
We all know the traditional one, but what does the stripe and the sky blue blazers mean?
Sky blue is the most sought after. It means you have won an opens Premiership (1st XV, First VIII etc.)

I believe the stripes is for a representative player (Presidents XV, GPS 1st XV etc.)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
@Rudderless

Sky blue is the most sought after. It means you have won an opens Premiership (1st XV, First VIII etc.)

I believe the stripes is for a representative player (Presidents XV, GPS 1st XV etc.)
Close.

Sky blue is honours - default for winning a 1sts comp, or can also be for some high level rep honours e.g. Aus U18s.

Stripes (butchers coat) is colours. Full colours are given for being in any 1sts, half colours are for winning a premiership in 2nds or in the case of rowing any GPS crew that wins at the HOTR. Colours can be given ad lib for other reasons e.g. the 1st Jr VIII when they won at the nationals last year.

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
Close.

Sky blue is honours - default for winning a 1sts comp, or can also be for some high level rep honours e.g. Aus U18s.

Stripes (butchers coat) is colours. Full colours are given for being in any 1sts, half colours are for winning a premiership in 2nds or in the case of rowing any GPS crew that wins at the HOTR. Colours can be given ad lib for other reasons e.g. the 1st Jr VIII when they won at the nationals last year.
Don't all year 11 and 12 kids wear colour coats nowadays?

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
At Joeys, if you were given a red card on Saturday then you would also get a "NO Card" Sunday detention
Started at 8am and finished at 8pm. Each hour you would write out 6 pages of A4. 30min break at 10.30, one hour at 1pm. Afternoon break at 5.30pm. We would ask for "six of the best" rather than do this. I never did one but I was able to talk my way out of one.

View attachment 20154
Joeys don’t get fed after a loss like that …

Where's the beef

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys don’t get fed after a loss like that …
Lets hope next saturday is a repeat of 1984. Shore Beat Joeys convincingly in the trial. Joeys came back when it counted and accounted for SHORE 12-4. May need divine intervention for it to happen after what I watched yesterday.

As for the send off thing at Joeys, never got a no card, In year 7 I was sent off in the 13 E's for poor mauling technique (Had not played rugby before and swung my elbows hitting boys on either side of the ruck. Did have to see showbag though and that was scary.

I think its an automatic 1 game suspension so we wont see him against SHORE. The ref had no choice, though there were quite a few high shots in that game let go from both sides.

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Lets hope next saturday is a repeat of 1984. Shore Beat Joeys convincingly in the trial. Joeys came back when it counted and accounted for SHORE 12-4. May need divine intervention for it to happen after what I watched yesterday.

As for the send off thing at Joeys, never got a no card, In year 7 I was sent off in the 13 E's for poor mauling technique (Had not played rugby before and swung my elbows hitting boys on either side of the ruck. Did have to see showbag though and that was scary.

I think its an automatic 1 game suspension so we wont see him against SHORE. The ref had no choice, though there were quite a few high shots in that game let go from both sides.
Who was sent off?

Status
Not open for further replies.