• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
Both were deserved red but nothing more imho.

Fittlers was always going to be a big hit. He spots where the ball is going and sprints forward to make contact. Would have been a big tackle if he'd got his height right.

Have we gone back to the 90's?!

To say it "would have been a big tackle if he'd got his height right" is likely stating the bleeding obvious but is the very reason why there are laws in rugby about protecting the players heads. Sua'ali'i could have used that stupid defence after Origin 1 but the fact is he got it wrong and had to spend a month on the sideline. I understand I am comparing different games, in different competitions, and I haven't seen young Fittler's tackle from Saturday but from what I've heard it was pretty ugly and more than warranted a red card - to say it deserves nothing more sounds crazy.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
I will be very surprised if they are suspended for the final 2 games of their schoolboy career.
I don’t have a view and haven’t watched any footage of the tackles so can’t comment. Question though - based on what you are saying I’m guessing both perpetrators are in year 12. Would you make the same statement if they were in year 11?

Joker

Staff member
Comment

Last Saturday I felt the support coming from the Hunters Hill grandstand seemed a bit hit and snooze. The Kings boys kept up their chants and drum banging, Joeys just faded away. I have said it before, players may not understand what is being chanted but they feed off the energy. This season I have feel Joeys have been out cheered. Maybe because everyone has to be there compared to those who choose, but if Joeys have any chance this coming weekend they must find their voice and "anger" again. You know when Joeys is fired up because you can hear them in the next timezone. Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle. The only way Joeys has to combat them is simple, "FIRE UP JOE BOYS, FIRE UP." The Joeys supporters must be like the #16 man on the field supporting their mates. Every school has discovered this idea and hence they do it well. (Best I feel was View at Hunters Hill. #FreeIggy) Joeys must "bring down the thunder" this Saturday. Shake the heavens boys.

JOEYS RUGBY-#16.jpg

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sydney High 3rdXV are looking like a very promising team, better than the seconds, potentially even on the level of the Sydney High First's.

Sydney High Firsts last year beat Newington 3rds, the quality of rugby is there, and I dont think we should even be considering dropping Sydney High from the GPS comp.
Haha. Based on the fact they had a draw with the Joeys 12ths, maybe they both should be in the 3rds comp. Where do the Joeys 11ths go as they put 70 on High 2nds.

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
But is the very reason why there are laws in rugby about protecting the players heads.
and the penalty for that is a red. And undoubtedly cost Scots the chance of a comeback.

Sua'ali'i incident was very different. It was late (player had passed the ball) and first contact was with the head.
but from what I've heard it was pretty ugly and more than warranted a red card - to say it deserves nothing more sounds crazy.
I said it warranted a red. But unlike you who is only relying on the grapevine.. I've watched the replay. Which is easily viewable. Now that's crazy.

Not wanting to dissect individual moments of schoolboy rugby.. but you called me crazy.
So here is a screenshot of the initial contact. View player has already lost the ball forward. Tackle rises up to neck as contact continues, hence the red is fair.
A tackle a foot lower would also have looked ugly. Laying a player out in open play in the middle of a cricket pitch generally does.

And I've got no link with either school in this discussion.

IMAGE DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:

anothernudge

Herbert Moran (7)
Comment

Last Saturday I felt the support coming from the Hunters Hill grandstand seemed a bit hit and snooze. The Kings boys kept up their chants and drum banging, Joeys just faded away. I have said it before, players may not understand what is being chanted but they feed off the energy. This season I have feel Joeys have been out cheered. Maybe because everyone has to be there compared to those who choose, but if Joeys have any chance this coming weekend they must find their voice and "anger" again. You know when Joeys is fired up because you can hear them in the next timezone. Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle. The only way Joeys has to combat them is simple, "FIRE UP JOE BOYS, FIRE UP." The Joeys supporters must be like the #16 man on the field supporting their mates. Every school has discovered this idea and hence they do it well. (Best I feel was View at Hunters Hill. #FreeIggy) Joeys must "bring down the thunder" this Saturday. Shake the heavens boys.

View attachment 20161
I feel this season it has felt as though some of the Joeys boys (especially the younger ones) have seen being dragged out to Bellevue Hill or Parramatta a punish more then a privilage which has just made the energy low and when they do sing or chant the noise isen't like it's usual. I am not aware of any changes with who has to come and why this might have happened, could be for various different reasons but hopefully and I'm sure this weekend they'll be loud, after all you'd be silly not to go bananas.

play out back

Peter Burge (5)
and the penalty for that is a red. And undoubtedly cost Scots the chance of a comeback.

Sua'ali'i incident was very different. It was late (player had passed the ball) and first contact was with the head.

I said it warranted a red. But unlike you who is only relying on the grapevine.. I've watched the replay. Which is easily viewable. Now that's crazy.

Not wanting to dissect individual moments of schoolboy rugby.. but you called me crazy.
So here is a screenshot of the initial contact. View player has already lost the ball forward. Tackle rises up to neck as contact continues.

And I've got no link with either school in this discussion.
View attachment 20162
that tackle was very bad defintly derseved the red I was there the Riverview crowd was going mental and then heinz lomato got sent off

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Comment

View attachment 20161
In reply, I would like to attribute some credit to the Shore cheer captains this year who have been phenomenal at driving turnout mainly to away games but also to Northbridge. It has been a fairly long time since Shore won an outright premiership. In fact, it has been a solid 55 years. Further to that, its been a solid 18 years since Shore have won a joint premiership. Therefore, get out there this weekend and cheer on the lads with all your heart. To the current Shore boys, it is lucky how well you lads are getting it. Only the true believers will be able to re-live and reaccount for the dungeon that was 2015-20 Shore Rugby. No doubt those Old Boys will be ready to cheer on themselves. Joker is right, the players most certainly feed off the crowd, and it will be critical no doubt to have the energy of the Blue and White Army down there this coming weekend. To the players, good luck. The 1st XV of 1969 (coached by Jika @Joker) will most certainly be cheering you on. Cheer loud, cheer proud, and bring it home lads!

1722852542329.png

1722852384984.png

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In reply, I would like to attribute some credit to the Shore cheer captains this year who have been phenomenal at driving turnout mainly to away games but also to Northbridge. It has been a fairly long time since Shore won an outright premiership. In fact, it has been a solid 55 years. Further to that, its been a solid 18 years since Shore have won a joint premiership. Therefore, get out there this weekend and cheer on the lads with all your heart. To the current Shore boys, it is lucky how well you lads are getting it. Only the true believers will be able to re-live and reaccount for the dungeon that was 2015-20 Shore Rugby. No doubt those Old Boys will be ready to cheer on themselves. Joker is right, the players most certainly feed off the crowd, and it will be critical no doubt to have the energy of the Blue and White Army down there this coming weekend. To the players, good luck. The 1st XV of 1969 (coached by Jika @Joker) will most certainly be cheering you on. Cheer loud, cheer proud, and bring it home lads!

View attachment 20166

View attachment 20163
Even from 2010 results were tough for Shore

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I don’t have a view and haven’t watched any footage of the tackles so can’t comment. Question though - based on what you are saying I’m guessing both perpetrators are in year 12. Would you make the same statement if they were in year 11?
Yes, schoolboy suspensions are generally very light. It won't even surprise me if both boys play this weekend.

play out back

Peter Burge (5)
if Riverview wants to win this week against the Kings it will be through the combination of Jeremy Newton and Angus Grover who have been great pairing the last 2 games

Joker

Staff member
24217_101080583261989_3136148_n.jpg

Commentary about the player tackles and possible sanctions is now over.
They cannot defend themselves here.
Any more posts on this topic will be deleted and warnings issued.

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
Comment

View attachment 20161
"Shore this weekend will have a packed stand full of rabid, passionate supporters all there to witness a possible miracle."
The miracle will be if Joeys get up - assuming that was what you meant. They can find all the "anger" they like, whatever that means, the simple fact is, they're gone this year. They've run out of options, the opposition knows what to expect, and it's the same old song with the same tired conductor. Their best chance is to hope for results to go their way in the last round, which could draw them level for a co-premiership.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Word on the street is they will try and open both ends of the Hawker Stand for the boys. Good idea if you ask me. Make sure the lads get around it and get around the boys playing. No doubt a nerve-racking week up ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.