• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Lets hope next saturday is a repeat of 1984. Shore Beat Joeys convincingly in the trial. Joeys came back when it counted and accounted for SHORE 12-4. May need divine intervention for it to happen after what I watched yesterday.

As for the send off thing at Joeys, never got a no card, In year 7 I was sent off in the 13 E's for poor mauling technique (Had not played rugby before and swung my elbows hitting boys on either side of the ruck. Did have to see showbag though and that was scary.

I think its an automatic 1 game suspension so we wont see him against SHORE. The ref had no choice, though there were quite a few high shots in that game let go from both sides.
Is the automatic week a AAGPS rule? So it would apply to Scots as well.

Last edited:

Cdimi

Frank Row (1)
Sydney High 3rdXV are looking like a very promising team, better than the seconds, potentially even on the level of the Sydney High First's.

Sydney High Firsts last year beat Newington 3rds, the quality of rugby is there, and I dont think we should even be considering dropping Sydney High from the GPS comp.

Joker

Staff member
Week 9 of tips.
There is no respite for these.
Without a shadow of a doubt, this has been the most even of competitions I have seen in over 45 years of following these.
Any school on their day can win. Have a look at this weeks match ups. Is there a gimme?

Let me know your tips

1722818305910.png

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Looking forward to it. Last Saturday took a lot out of me so I am speaking to the team about if I should go.
Of course I will come!
Who else is going to eat those pies?

View attachment 20159
I will be making the rounds from early on in the day. Expect radio silence after the Second XV, I will be enjoying the moment. Its been a good minute and a fair few heartbreaks since i've had a day like this. Best of luck to the lads.

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I will be making the rounds from early on in the day. Expect radio silence after the Second XV, I will be enjoying the moment. Its been a good minute and a fair few heartbreaks since i've had a day like this. Best of luck to the lads
I think it will be a special day for Shore

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
But only 1 (unfortunately it was the one that matters most)!
Still by what i can see Joeys played 25 games against Kings teams and lost 1 (with 2 unrecorded) and points were Joeys 1136 vs Kings 152, the depth at Joeys still looks OK
Depth doesn’t mean much if you’re not winning the first prize

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Depth doesn’t mean much if you’re not winning the first prize
It means everything if you think sport in the context of education is about learning resilience, team work and consistency. If you think it is about how one team goes over 10 weeks then you might have missed the point. Of course winning the big one is great, Joeys certainly know a bit about how it feels, the depth represents a collective desire to have a crack and work with your mates. That means something, probably quite a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.