• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I don’t know how High are going to turn it around with the current enrolment policy. As the lopsided results continue it must surely become increasingly difficult to get boys to participate in rugby at the school.
They can't. The ONLY solution is for SBHS to relegate themselves to a lower competition and TAS should do the same. Grammar are doing OK in 3rds and in general and Newington have to step up and play 3rds. It doesn't mean SBHS and TAS aren't GPS schools anymore, but at least the kids will enjoy sport and it could lead to greater participation. Ideally the leather elbow patch dudes at AAGPS need to get with the times and agree to a tiered school system and hold the GPS comp within that. If it helps get it across the line for the initial seedings have all 6 current GPS 1st XV schools in the top tier, plus 4 x CAS and 2 x ISA. I know it won't happen in my lifetime but if they care about the future of the code it needs to.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
They can't. The ONLY solution is for SBHS to relegate themselves to a lower competition and TAS should do the same. Grammar are doing OK in 3rds and in general and Newington have to step up and play 3rds. It doesn't mean SBHS and TAS aren't GPS schools anymore, but at least the kids will enjoy sport and it could lead to greater participation. Ideally the leather elbow patch dudes at AAGPS need to get with the times and agree to a tiered school system and hold the GPS comp within that. If it helps get it across the line for the initial seedings have all 6 current GPS 1st XV schools in the top tier, plus 4 x CAS and 2 x ISA. I know it won't happen in my lifetime but if they care about the future of the code it needs to.
Hopefully common sense prevails.
Imagine being a TAS kid travelling all that way to be on the end of those results.
Hardly a way to attract numbers and build passion in the kids of New England.

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
Why not allow SBHS to be the Combined High Schools team? That could make them competitive, and also give good rugby kids in the CHS system an opportunity.

Joker

Staff member
Meanwhile....tipping is a tough choice. It was a blue wash of a round.

Those who missed out actually did well with two wins. The lead is once again @Aagpsglory who seems to have a knack of picking winners. Plenty though have mad a move. Tipper of the week was @InsiderScoop. Next week will again be rough to tip. 2024 is the most equal of competitions I have seen in decades. Thanks everyone who is still in this.

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 8.jpg

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Mouth-watering game upcoming. Possibly the most important game in a decade

Shore vs St. Joseph's

Winner is guaranteed the title.

Old Boys day too. Many of those boys will be hailing from the 2016-20 days of 60-0 losses constantly.

Could not wish for anything else as a Shore supporter of over 40 years. Northbridge is the place. To all the boys (both Shore and Joeys) be there. It is rare that you will see anything else like it again. Hawker stand will be packed beyond anything you've ever seen.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
Mouth-watering game upcoming. Possibly the most important game in a decade

Shore vs St. Joseph's

Winner is guaranteed the title.

Old Boys day too. Many of those boys will be hailing from the 2016-20 days of 60-0 losses constantly.

Could not wish for anything else as a Shore supporter of over 40 years. Northbridge is the place. To all the boys (both Shore and Joeys) be there. It is rare that you will see anything else like it again. Hawker stand will be packed beyond anything you've ever seen.
Winner is guaranteed the title?
Could still be a shared title.
Yes - if either win their next two games they stand alone.
This season has shown that anyone can beat anyone on their day

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Winner is guaranteed the title?
Could still be a shared title.
Yes - if either win their next two games they stand alone.
This season has shown that anyone can beat anyone on their day
Some form of the title. 2 rounds left, the winning team moves to 12 points, and the loser stays on 10.

If Ignatius win, they will move to 10 too, and no one else will have a shot at it.

So whoever can win will have at least a guaranteed shared title.

Maulmaster

Frank Row (1)
Some form of the title. 2 rounds left, the winning team moves to 12 points, and the loser stays on 10.

If Ignatius win, they will move to 10 too, and no one else will have a shot at it.

So whoever can win will have at least a guaranteed shared title.
Round 9 is do or die for the View Boys, If they beat Kings they are sitting on 10 points. Riverview also hope that Joey wins against Shore so that View can have a match for a shared title (Instead of praying that Scots beat Shore). Or even better yet Shore and Joeys draw.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Round 9 is do or die for the View Boys, If they beat Kings they are sitting on 10 points. Riverview also hope that Joey wins against Shore so that View can have a match for a shared title (Instead of praying that Scots beat Shore). Or even better yet Shore and Joeys draw.
Yep. A draw would allow for View to come right through the centre. If I were a View boy, I would be hopeful. Last year at Northbridge the score was 28 a piece.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep. A draw would allow for View to come right through the centre. If I were a View boy, I would be hopeful. Last year at Northbridge the score was 28 a piece.
View want Joeys to beat Shore, and then to beat Joeys at Leichhardt.
A draw means both Joeys and Shore have to lose in the final round…..would be 13/12/12 then

Status
Not open for further replies.