• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
With the GPS1 and GPS2 teams not being announced until the 22nd, it does not give them much of a chance to train together.
Think that's the case for most of them, although ISA have a squad named now.. and haven't even started their season.

Same as CAS which starts this weekend.. and the two favourites in each comp (Knox Wav and St. Aug Oakhill) don't even play each other until after the rep games so harder for their selectors to properly rank.

Maul of Duty

Ward Prentice (10)
Gone are the days of simple rep football

school, association, state then Aus Schools

now the best schoolboy players don’t play for Australia anymore.
Yes, with all the different pathways it can become a nightmare and a huge load on the players depending on what teams that are playing in including club (if permitted by their school)

Joker

Staff member
Yes, with all the different pathways it can become a nightmare and a huge load on the players depending on what teams that are playing in including club (if permitted by their school)
Sounds like a challenge to anyone who could create a flow chart.

Last edited:

RugbyBot

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gone are the days of simple rep football

school, association, state then Aus Schools

now the best schoolboy players don’t play for Australia anymore.
Well they do, they play for Australia U18s, This ensures the top 18 YO can play even if they are at Uni or have left school, aligning with the rest of the world.

Australian Schools remains as a slightly anachronistic but welcome alternative pathway.

The Observer

Frank Row (1)
I'd go

1. Bloomfield (K)
2. Smith (K)
3. Whittaker (J)
4. Sidwell (E)
5. Millward (K)
6. Davies (K)
7. Dempsey (I) (cc)
8. Taumopeau (J) (cc)
9. Ryan (J)
10. Taylor (K)
11. Troy (J)
12. Anitelea-Tsioussis (N)
13. Risati (K)
14. Wendt (E)
15. King (N)
I have been very impressed with the 10 from Shore, Robertson An outstanding defender in the middle, who actually carries the ball and threatens the line

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
While there is a strong representation of Auggies boys in the ISA team, I don't think that they would be the best team in NSW. Looking at this listing as well, I still feel that both potential forwards and backs in GPS would be the stronger group as well
The GPS 1sts team will probably be the best all round. However, I believe that if you put the best players from ISA in a backline against the best backline possible from GPS regardless of league contracts or injuries, ISA this year would probably have the better backline.

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
Any predictions for a possible GPS 1's side? and on the contrary, an ISA 1's prediction?
And which year 11's (If any) does everyone have making these sides.

Cheers,
- Fanatic

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone have a Scots lineup for this weekend. Interesting to see if Duddy will line up against his old school. Incredibly rare that a highly touted player would switch to another GPS school. Should be fireworks at the Bridge if true!

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Love your work @RushingRob and its great to see some enthusiasm for the 3rd XV competition in the forum.
I will be producing the Round 2 Preview tomorrow (Thursday) but in the meantime a few comments on your very astute predictions.
Scots are definitely the front runners and no doubt about it.
Shore v Joeys on Saturday will tell us a bit more about their respective chances and Grammar v Riverview is also a key game.
I do think Kings are struggling a bit in the early stages so will be interested to see how they go in Armidale.
Unfortunately Newington are not in the 3rd XV comp even though they played some trials. This is to predominantly to keep TAS in the comp with room for only 8 teams.
My full Round2 Preview to come.
Oh my days, I can't believe I put Newington into the ladder, I must have just seen View beating them and assumed they were in it. My apologies

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
Any predictions for a possible GPS 1's side? and on the contrary, an ISA 1's prediction?
And which year 11's (If any) does everyone have making these sides.

Cheers,
- Fanatic
1718271996645.png

Check previous page for a clearer image of this team list

MaulMasterMind

Bob McCowan (2)
New to the forum and Green and Gold community as a whole. My anticipation knows no bounds as I delve into the fascinating world within. With a great passion for the AAGPS rugby competition, I'm eagerly ready to share my perspectives and insights. Anticipate a great variety of perspectives from me, especially regarding the emerging talent shaping our nation's future. Hopefully leading is to some international glory like we had back in my days. Can former King's student Joseph Sua'ali'i guide us to that ? Only time will tell.

From the Mind of the MaulMaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.