• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oh yes. Thomas Duddy. The old Shore Boy that switched to the dark side. I remember hearing stories last year about the shore boys hanging posters around the school of him to get everyone prepared and excited for the game. Definitely won’t be a game to miss at Northbridge. I won’t be surprised to hear if there are some heated words exchanged to him from the Shore boys - if he does get selected for the 1st team. I’m sure if the words aren’t from the players on the field, there will certainly be some jeers aimed towards him from his old classmates in the crowd.

It’s gonna be a great game.
Let's hope he plays this time around! It would of been frustrating as a Shore boy last year knowing he didn't play in either of the games against Shore

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
un deafted
ffs-baby.gif

I waz leanrt good at Skots

Undefeated x 100 and hand them into me by the end of lunch.

Here is an example.

1923.jpg

MaulMasterMind

Bob McCowan (2)
Oscar Tremlett at 12. A great player he sure is. Following up from a great weekend for Gordon u16s he earnt himself at spot in the u16s Sydney Red pathway team. Along side some fellow GPS boys Whitaker Harry (Newington 16A's halfback) and King Jarryd (Newington, 16A's fullback with also having some time in the 2nds in recent games). Keep your eyes on this boy Oscar Tremlett he is one for the future as he still has 2 more years of school boy footy ahead.

From the Mind of the Maul Master

Last edited:

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Been viewing the predicted President teams and have been noticing the lack of some of the Shore U16s, obviously may have a bit of a bias being a Shore supporter and have only watched the teams in which Shore have played. I believe that there are certain players who must have a mention, if not in the President A, at least in the B team. Sidwell (2nd Row) has been dominant in all of the 16As games I have watched, and had a good stint for the 2nds against Oakhill, he is all over the lineouts and reminds me of what Charlie Galligan was last year, a reliable defender and amazing line out jumper. Robertson (Flyhalf) has been controlling the games very well, leading the backline and directing the forwards to a standard that is usually only seen with five-eights in the opens teams, and would not be surprised if he moves straight into the President A number 10 jersey. Armstrong (Prop) may have been overlooked in the U16 selections as he has been playing in the 2nd XV for most of the year, and certainly does not look out of his depth in these games, dominating scrums and lineouts as well as a quick stint in the 1st XV against Joeys, although I understand there is a plethora of props in this age group, making it difficult for Armstrong to stand out. Hamilford (Wing) has obviously had a great offseason, going from a relatively quiet player last year to being an outstanding ball runner and defender in this team, but there is a great amount of outside backs in the 16s so President B is more likely. Powell (Outside Centre) will also be a sure fire option for President A or at least B. Other mentions have to be given to Murdoch (Flanker), Quayle (Halfback), Leahy (Inside Centre).

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Any detail on who the preseason games were against in 1923?

Adding up the GPS games - Played 7, Won 7, For 250, Against 25.

So that means 6 other games with a total Points for of 297 and 0 Against.
I will see what I can find
Normally back then they played pre-season against each other.
In 1924 Joeys beat View 91-0 in a trial match

Last edited:

gus titler

Stan Wickham (3)
Been viewing the predicted President teams and have been noticing the lack of some of the Shore U16s, obviously may have a bit of a bias being a Shore supporter and have only watched the teams in which Shore have played. I believe that there are certain players who must have a mention, if not in the President A, at least in the B team. Sidwell (2nd Row) has been dominant in all of the 16As games I have watched, and had a good stint for the 2nds against Oakhill, he is all over the lineouts and reminds me of what Charlie Galligan was last year, a reliable defender and amazing line out jumper. Robertson (Flyhalf) has been controlling the games very well, leading the backline and directing the forwards to a standard that is usually only seen with five-eights in the opens teams, and would not be surprised if he moves straight into the President A number 10 jersey. Armstrong (Prop) may have been overlooked in the U16 selections as he has been playing in the 2nd XV for most of the year, and certainly does not look out of his depth in these games, dominating scrums and lineouts as well as a quick stint in the 1st XV against Joeys, although I understand there is a plethora of props in this age group, making it difficult for Armstrong to stand out. Hamilford (Wing) has obviously had a great offseason, going from a relatively quiet player last year to being an outstanding ball runner and defender in this team, but there is a great amount of outside backs in the 16s so President B is more likely. Powell (Outside Centre) will also be a sure fire option for President A or at least B. Other mentions have to be given to Murdoch (Flanker), Quayle (Halfback), Leahy (Inside Centre).
I LOVE watching Harry Murdoch the young lad play. One of a kind.
- GT

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great to hear positive vibes coming from TSC. A slight tweak to the backline will now give them speed, better defense and a kicking game from 10 and 15. Something they haven't had all year. Will be a tough selection meeting when Gow and Jacques are back fit. Not sure who slips back to the 2nd XV?
Interesting, when are they both expected back?

Game_Day_Ritual

Ward Prentice (10)
What are the Scots line-ups tomorrow?
Jock
Great to hear positive vibes coming from TSC. A slight tweak to the backline will now give them speed, better defense and a kicking game from 10 and 15. Something they haven't had all year. Will be a tough selection meeting when Gow and Jacques are back fit. Not sure who slips back to the 2nd XV?
Jacques is o
Interesting, when are they both expected back?
Jaques is out for the season, not sure Gow

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Can anyone post the Joeys 1sts, 2nd and 3rds line-ups? Interested to see how the 1s and 2s will match up with Riverview and if the 3rds can bounce back in the comp.