• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
for those wondering what's the go with the BYE for the 4th XV, it's because View 4ths are playing Grammar 2nds in an unofficial "comp" which now includes Grammar's 2nds with the other 6 schools (curtain-raiser in the 3rds comp). This means 7 teams, so a bye is involved. Similar story with the 14Cs - View 14Cs play Grammar 14As, which leaves Joeys 14Cs with a Bye.

Joker

Staff member
1718346687008.png

8 more needed

8ttn7d.jpg

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
Evening Gents,

I was particularly Interested in @Scrum Sandwich's post of the Riverview 1XV. I was surprised with the move of McGrath to Inside centre. Wondering what happened to Terry? Personally I thought he was one of the best backs on the paddock last week against Kings. Any intel on the move?

TFB
Seems to me the coaches want mcgrath in the team whether thats fullback or inside. Could have to do with the fact that mcgrath has been one of , if not Ignatius' best defensive back, opposed to Terry who has arguably not been the greatest on defence. Either way, Ignatius' back line is shifting week in week out, and seems to be their fatal flaw. Hopefully they can see some stability in the backline towards the backhalf of the season.

Cheers,
- Fanatic

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
All this pathways and we still can't beat a NZ side FROM U18 TO THE WALLABIES LEVEL....frustrating. NEED TO PICK BOYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY AND REPRESENT AUSTRALIA, NOT JUST FOR A PAY CHEQUE! PERHAPS THIS FORUM COULD USE THIS PLATFORM TO ENCOURAGE YOUNG MEN TO TAKE PRIDE IN REPRESENTING AND WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD JERSEY. OR WHATEVER OZZIE JERSEY THEY WEAR AT AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL......

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
All this pathways and we still can't beat a NZ side FROM U18 TO THE WALLABIES LEVEL....frustrating. NEED TO PICK BOYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY AND REPRESENT AUSTRALIA, NOT JUST FOR A PAY CHEQUE! PERHAPS THIS FORUM COULD USE THIS PLATFORM TO ENCOURAGE YOUNG MEN TO TAKE PRIDE IN REPRESENTING AND WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD JERSEY. OR WHATEVER OZZIE JERSEY THEY WEAR AT AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL......
WE NEED TO GET OUR HEAD OUT OF THIS "GPS VS CAS VS ISA VS EVERY OTHER AUSSIE SCHOOL" MENTALITY BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS, BOYS DO NOT PLAY SCHOOL RUGBY FOREVER. AT THE END OF IT ALL, WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD (I ASSUME ) IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL FOR EVERY YOUNG RUGBY UNION PLAYER. MAYBE I'M TOO OLD.

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
Seems to me the coaches want mcgrath in the team whether thats fullback or inside. Could have to do with the fact that mcgrath has been one of , if not Ignatius' best defensive back, opposed to Terry who has arguably not been the greatest on defence. Either way, Ignatius' back line is shifting week in week out, and seems to be their fatal flaw. Hopefully they can see some stability in the backline towards the backhalf of the season.

Cheers,
- Fanatic
Agree - still don’t think even close to their best backline will take the field against Joeys tomorrow.
McGrath untested at 12.
Both Terry and Butler in 2s better equipped to mark Gough.

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree - still don’t think even close to their best backline will take the field against Joeys tomorrow.
McGrath untested at 12.
Both Terry and Butler in 2s better equipped to mark Gough.
McGrath is the best defender in that view team, View coach knows what he’s doing. The biggest move is probably Will Hodge, perfect player for a Riverview Joeys game.

Status
Not open for further replies.