• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
Any Kings team lists available?
@Rugbynbeers
1718357663078.png

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
All this pathways and we still can't beat a NZ side FROM U18 TO THE WALLABIES LEVEL....frustrating. NEED TO PICK BOYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY AND REPRESENT AUSTRALIA, NOT JUST FOR A PAY CHEQUE! PERHAPS THIS FORUM COULD USE THIS PLATFORM TO ENCOURAGE YOUNG MEN TO TAKE PRIDE IN REPRESENTING AND WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD JERSEY. OR WHATEVER OZZIE JERSEY THEY WEAR AT AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL......

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
All this pathways and we still can't beat a NZ side FROM U18 TO THE WALLABIES LEVEL....frustrating. NEED TO PICK BOYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY AND REPRESENT AUSTRALIA, NOT JUST FOR A PAY CHEQUE! PERHAPS THIS FORUM COULD USE THIS PLATFORM TO ENCOURAGE YOUNG MEN TO TAKE PRIDE IN REPRESENTING AND WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD JERSEY. OR WHATEVER OZZIE JERSEY THEY WEAR AT AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL......
WE NEED TO GET OUR HEAD OUT OF THIS "GPS VS CAS VS ISA VS EVERY OTHER AUSSIE SCHOOL" MENTALITY BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS, BOYS DO NOT PLAY SCHOOL RUGBY FOREVER. AT THE END OF IT ALL, WEARING THAT GREEN AND GOLD (I ASSUME ) IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL FOR EVERY YOUNG RUGBY UNION PLAYER. MAYBE I'M TOO OLD.

Billy McGee

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seems to me the coaches want mcgrath in the team whether thats fullback or inside. Could have to do with the fact that mcgrath has been one of , if not Ignatius' best defensive back, opposed to Terry who has arguably not been the greatest on defence. Either way, Ignatius' back line is shifting week in week out, and seems to be their fatal flaw. Hopefully they can see some stability in the backline towards the backhalf of the season.

Cheers,
- Fanatic
Agree - still don’t think even close to their best backline will take the field against Joeys tomorrow.
McGrath untested at 12.
Both Terry and Butler in 2s better equipped to mark Gough.

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree - still don’t think even close to their best backline will take the field against Joeys tomorrow.
McGrath untested at 12.
Both Terry and Butler in 2s better equipped to mark Gough.
McGrath is the best defender in that view team, View coach knows what he’s doing. The biggest move is probably Will Hodge, perfect player for a Riverview Joeys game.

CutOutBallFanatic

Frank Nicholson (4)
Haven’t seen him at 10 this year.
View plays a 13 / 2 defence with 10 dropped back with 15, regardless.
McGrath been playing 15.
Was fringe 16As last year.
I hope he has a blinder today.
If he performs well today, view are much more likely in taking down joeys, but not only that they become one step closer to a settled backline.

Cheers,
- Fanatic