• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
Some of the best games of the season these ones. Always great to see the best from the GPS and CAS go against each other. Not sure when they game is though, apologies

President
Yeah I was fortunate to be able to get out and watch the 1st and 2nds last year, good watch. Hopefully can support the full lineup of teams this year. Maybe I'll see you out there President.

I would rate the decision if Wendt was there to come up but I'm not sure his replacement is well placed there.
I would agree. He's a big unit (especially for a year 10 student), who is lower to the ground than Ollie Mackeler (as he's shorter) and helps him to tackle better. However, he got injured in his first game back from his wrist injury against Newington.

Last edited:
Would be good to see another passionate schoolboy rugby advocate
I was in attendance last year as well and couldn't help but notice the Kings 'cheer captain' making it well known to the CAS school's students of what the score was during the game (GPS was winning convincingly throughout the whole game).

Any thoughts on which team is looking stronger this year. (As in GPS vs CAS)

Cheers,
- Fanatic
Well....

The GPS has probably get the best forward pack out of any school representative team. Furthermore, the backline will be slightly better from the GPS than the CAS (would be far better if Jacques and Ontini Large weren't injured - I think Large can't play representative Union due to league however).

The ISA backline is probably the best backline out of any competition representative team - it looks lethal. But similarly, the GPS forwards are likely better than the ISA forward pack.

GPS should beat CAS convincingly like last year, however the game against ISA will likely be a lot closer than this years CAS game, although I think that the GPS forwards will get them over the line.

Last edited:

Wavesfooty2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well....

The GPS has probably get the best forward pack out of any school representative team. Furthermore, the backline will be slightly better from the GPS than the CAS (would be far better if Jacques and Ontini Large weren't injured - I think Large can't play representative Union due to league however).

The ISA backline is probably the best backline out of any competition representative team - it looks lethal. But similarly, the GPS forwards are likely better than the ISA forward pack.

GPS should beat CAS convincingly like last year, however the game against ISA will likely be a lot closer than this years CAS game, although I think that the GPS forwards will get them over the line.

In saying this. Knox beat St Augustine's recently, which I believe St Augustine's were undefeated up until that point, even beating Joeys. But considering this as an indicator that the CAS is stronger than ISA or that St Augustine's is not the best team in NSW this year must be taken with a grain of salt, as it was practically a swimming pool at Knox 1 when they played, and wet weather rugby can often make the differences in the quality of teams far smaller than they would normally be, especially in dry conditions.
The ISA backline will not be the best considering Walsh and Woods aren't playing.
And no, Augustines beat Knox