• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
On rep discussion I was impressed with the View second rowers today, but couldn’t distinguish in the conditions. Similarly last week Greer was a stand out for Joeys.
I’ll volunteer a Kings bopper into the 2nd row, big fella by way of Darwin, A Thiel.
Working his way back to full fitness and been a standout in recent weeks. Has really improved his work rate and is a high impact player. Expect him on the selectors radar.
Don’t know what selectors will do regarding backs given playing conditions. My only cert would be Jacques. Assume the New boys remain eligible despite league commitments will be there too.
Right now the only for sures are Warner (E), Grover (I), Brial (S) and Makasini (N).

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
On rep discussion I was impressed with the View second rowers today, but couldn’t distinguish in the conditions. Similarly last week Greer was a stand out for Joeys.
I’ll volunteer a Kings bopper into the 2nd row, big fella by way of Darwin, A Thiel.
Working his way back to full fitness and been a standout in recent weeks. Has really improved his work rate and is a high impact player. Expect him on the selectors radar.
Don’t know what selectors will do regarding backs given playing conditions. My only cert would be Jacques. Assume the New boys remain eligible despite league commitments will be there too.
ANTON THIEL definitely!

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
This season really takes knowledge, skill and a deep knowledge of the black arts to pick the winners and margins.
For those behind, no fear. All it takes is one good round and you are back in it.
Enjoy your long weekend.

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 4.jpg

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Greer (J)
5. Brial (S)
6. Fonua (K)
7. Logan (J)
8. Taumoepeau (J)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Conick (E)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Jaques (S)

HM:
4/5. Graham - The second row could go any way with quite a few talents there
7. Lemaitre - Logan has been in great form but could go either way
12. Gough, Fenwicke, Humphries - Battle for the twelve jersey is tight but Conick has the goal kicking aspect
Dempsey is 16s
Close. I would go.

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Harvison (E)
4. Greer (J)
5. Brial (S)
6. Logan (J)
7. Dempsey (I)
8. Fonua (K)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Conick (E)
13. Jacques (S)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)

HM:
Bassingthwaighte (E), Graham (I), Le Maitre (E), Tombs (J), Fenwicke (K), Baxter (E), Taumopeau (J)
Dempsey is 16s.

Wonder if Justice doesn’t make 1s if he will decide to play 16s so he can play the Super rugby format.

Don’t think they are going to leave Le Maitre out of the team. Him and Logan will be a great pair.

My team would be-

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I) or Harvison (S)
4. Greer (J)
5. Fonua (K)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le maitre (E)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Conick (E)
13. Jacques (S)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
What I love about the culture around New Zealand school boy and men’s rugby, is that they respect themselves and their opponents so much, to the degree that they find ridiculing their opponents appalling. There is such honour and humility in their victories.
They also;
- don’t overestimate their own abilities
- don’t brag about how good they are and what they’re gonna win like Eddie Jones
- hold their cards close to their chests
- accept defeat and don’t offer excuses when they lose

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
They also;
- don’t overestimate their own abilities
- don’t brag about how good they are and what they’re gonna win like Eddie Jones
- hold their cards close to their chests
- accept defeat and don’t offer excuses when they lose
Indeed, they also don’t;
-use poor behaviour in others as an excuse to behave poorly themselves.

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
Agree... another great game from him today...

Also though I'd mention how impressive Kings 3 has been this season.

Kings 1 and 3 imo have been the best props in the competition. I could honestly see a case were kings 3 is in that GPS 1s side instead of 16s.

Kings seem to be able to develop great props, just last year having 3 out of 4 of the props in GPS 1s and 2s.

Ashdown -GPS 1s
Langi - GPS 1s
Titi - GPS 2s

The Cleaner

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings 1 and 3 imo have been the best props in the competition. I could honestly see a case were kings 3 is in that GPS 1s side instead of 16s.

Kings seem to be able to develop great props, just last year having 3 out of 4 of the props in GPS 1s and 2s.

Ashdown -GPS 1s
Langi - GPS 1s
Titi - GPS 2s
TKS 1 & 3 have scrummed together since U13A at Oakhill. #1 then moved to TKS in 2023 and #3 joined in 2024. I have heard from close and trustworthy source that both moved to TKS to develop their techniques in playing as props. Wish them both all the best. #3 being only 16 not sure if he qualifies to be in GPS 18.